Qantas flight changes you must know before your next trip!

Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we try to stay updated on what companies are doing to make our lives more convenient. And today, we'd like to share some interesting news for those of you who love to travel.

According to recent reports, there are some major changes for boarding Qantas flights—and passengers should be well-prepared for the new system. Here’s what you must know before embarking on your next journey!

Currently, Qantas uses a class-based system to board flights, allowing premium cabins and high-status frequent flyers to board first, followed by everyone else. However, this method will soon change to a system that aligns with international standards.

1686185345261.png
Attention Passengers: Important Changes to Qantas Boarding Procedures. Image by Pexels from pixabay

Under the new system, first and business-class passengers will still board first, followed by premium economy travellers and high-ranking frequent flyers. But here’s the major change: economy passengers will now board by seat numbers instead of the previous 'free-for-all' procedure.

If you’ve ever been seated at the back of a plane, you know that waiting in the aisle for passengers further ahead to sort out their carry-on luggage can be a tiresome process. This seat-based boarding policy aims to address that issue and hopes to make the process more efficient.

Most changes in the airline industry come with one goal—to maximise profits for their stakeholders.

Qantas’ outgoing CEO Alan Joyce had this to say about the change: ‘We'll be able to serve our customers better, reduce our cost base through lower running costs, and carve out some new competitive advantages.’

Only time will tell if these boarding changes accomplish the goal of saving time and money.

Qantas Takes on Lost Baggage with Innovative App and Embraces Technology for Enhanced Customer Service​

1686185345344.png
Qantas developed a new app with bag tracking capabilities for improved baggage management. Image by Holgi from pixabay

On a related note, Qantas is also trying to tackle another common annoyance for travellers – lost baggage. They're developing a new app that includes bag tracking, which is expected to be available by the end of this year. This update may prove quite helpful, as Qantas dealt with a surge in lost and misplaced bags in the immediate months following the lockdown last year. You can read more about it here.

When discussing the potential of technology to improve customer service, Mr Joyce commented on the airline's record-breaking profits, saying, ‘New technology is a crucial component of its plans to offer better services’.

Key Takeaways
  • Qantas is changing its boarding method to make it faster and more efficient, adopting a system used by most full-service airlines.
  • The new system will see first and business class board first, followed by premium economy travellers and high-ranking frequent flyers, with economy passengers boarding by seat numbers.
  • Qantas hopes to reduce cases of lost or misplaced baggage by adding bag tracking on its new app, which is expected to be available by the end of the year.

Before your next Qantas flight, make sure to stay informed about these important boarding updates. What are your thoughts on these changes to Qantas' boarding procedures? Do you believe they will make a difference in enhancing your travel experience?

We would love to hear your thoughts on how these changes might impact your travel experience. Please share your comments below! Wishing you safe and enjoyable travels, dear members!

Sponsored
Airlines have always used this boareding procedure, they call the seat numbers starting at the back, However, they do not enforce this by preventing people who are not in the seat nubers called to have to wait aside for their turn. Enforcement is the key and people will soon get used to the call by seat numbers. Anyone who does no tobey the call, should be stood aside and boarded last. They can have the problem of less space in the overhead luggage carriers.

I agree on both "new ideas" The seating has been in operation for some years but people all rush through as soon as the boarding sign comes up. As was just said those trying to board before their rows should be stood aside until later. As for the bag problem, this is already in operation. My husband has gone to the UK but I don't know how much it has cost as it is an extra charge.

I much prefer this system to the 'previous' one where everyone tries to squeeze into the plane at the same time. The only problem with this 'new' system (and I have had recent experience) is that the passengers at the rear of the plane have to first exit via stairs halfway down the chute, walk the length of the plane, and then take another set of stairs through the rear exit door!

My preference is to sit at the rear of the plane, but I have a muscular condition that makes climbing stairs extremely difficult. (And, yes, I do use assisted travel when on my own.) I was caught unawares the first time our section was called early and caused somewhat of a bottleneck down and up the stairs!

On subsequent flights, I now approach the airline staff as soon as they arrive at the desk and explain my situation. I also use a walking stick to indicate that I have a mobility issue. They then allow me to enter with the business class passengers, which means that I have the length of the aisle to myself!

The rule is in place for a long time, but doesn't get enforced. A second problem is, when the rows get called out. I often can't understand them. It is simply too noisy in this halls.

Reactions: KatKop
Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we try to stay updated on what companies are doing to make our lives more convenient. And today, we'd like to share some interesting news for those of you who love to travel.

According to recent reports, there are some major changes for boarding Qantas flights—and passengers should be well-prepared for the new system. Here’s what you must know before embarking on your next journey!

Currently, Qantas uses a class-based system to board flights, allowing premium cabins and high-status frequent flyers to board first, followed by everyone else. However, this method will soon change to a system that aligns with international standards.

View attachment 21759
Attention Passengers: Important Changes to Qantas Boarding Procedures. Image by Pexels from pixabay

Under the new system, first and business-class passengers will still board first, followed by premium economy travellers and high-ranking frequent flyers. But here’s the major change: economy passengers will now board by seat numbers instead of the previous 'free-for-all' procedure.

If you’ve ever been seated at the back of a plane, you know that waiting in the aisle for passengers further ahead to sort out their carry-on luggage can be a tiresome process. This seat-based boarding policy aims to address that issue and hopes to make the process more efficient.

Most changes in the airline industry come with one goal—to maximise profits for their stakeholders.

Qantas’ outgoing CEO Alan Joyce had this to say about the change: ‘We'll be able to serve our customers better, reduce our cost base through lower running costs, and carve out some new competitive advantages.’

Only time will tell if these boarding changes accomplish the goal of saving time and money.

Qantas Takes on Lost Baggage with Innovative App and Embraces Technology for Enhanced Customer Service​

View attachment 21758
Qantas developed a new app with bag tracking capabilities for improved baggage management. Image by Holgi from pixabay

On a related note, Qantas is also trying to tackle another common annoyance for travellers – lost baggage. They're developing a new app that includes bag tracking, which is expected to be available by the end of this year. This update may prove quite helpful, as Qantas dealt with a surge in lost and misplaced bags in the immediate months following the lockdown last year. You can read more about it here.

When discussing the potential of technology to improve customer service, Mr Joyce commented on the airline's record-breaking profits, saying, ‘New technology is a crucial component of its plans to offer better services’.

Key Takeaways

• Qantas is changing its boarding method to make it faster and more efficient, adopting a system used by most full-service airlines.
  • The new system will see first and business class board first, followed by premium economy travellers and high-ranking frequent flyers, with economy passengers boarding by seat numbers.
  • Qantas hopes to reduce cases of lost or misplaced baggage by adding bag tracking on its new app, which is expected to be available by the end of the year.

Before your next Qantas flight, make sure to stay informed about these important boarding updates. What are your thoughts on these changes to Qantas' boarding procedures? Do you believe they will make a difference in enhancing your travel experience?

We would love to hear your thoughts on how these changes might impact your travel experience. Please share your comments below! Wishing you safe and enjoyable travels, dear members!

How about restricting carry on luggage. Bringing on a suitcase and taking an entire overhead locker so others in that row have to find somewhere else for their carry on is rude and inconsiderate. No one is that important, and if you were that important you would be in first class.

Reactions: KatKop and Klaus A

View attachment 21759

View attachment 21758

Key Takeaways

Aside from inappropriate ads that keep appearing from Temu (look into this Sethia at al, it reflects badly on your brand image and is really starting to annoy, shame on Google), missing luggage is not just a tracking issue. It is also a loss prevention one. Qantas, other airlines and outsourced security groups must address both lapses in service in order to improve their collective KPI.

Nothing new here, Qantas UK was doing this back in 1970s @ Heathrow. Perth Domestic has been doing it for as long as I can remember, Boarding by row numbers starting with last rows first. So maybe the rest of the Qantas network just has to catchup with Perth.