Pumkin Fritters

I love any vegetable fritters / rissoles and pumpkin ones are my favourite. I make a couple of variations, one using grated pumpkin which I do for pumpkin balls.
This one I use mashed pumpkin and lots of breadcrumbs
106552994_621501868482369_7076432232541575238_n-1.jpg

Recipe by Mary Kouzina

INGREDIENTS
1kg chopped pumpkin - boiled till soft.
1 onion - grated.
1 cup fresh dill - finely chopped.
1/2 cup fresh mint - finely chopped.
2 to 4 cups Bread crumbs - as much as you need. Read notes below.
2 eggs.
200g Crumbled feta - I use Australian or greek
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Plain flour for dusting patties before frying.
Olive oil for frying.
METHOD
Combine all ingredients into a large bowl except the flour.
When adding breadcrumbs start with 2 cups then slowly keep adding more until you’re able to form a small patty in your hand (you may end up adding approx 4 cups). Once you’re able to do this, it’s best to test your mixture first by frying a single patty. You’ll also be able to taste and check that the seasoning is perfect too.
Dip the patties into the flour and shallow fry them over medium high heat until they’re golden. If the patty does not hold its shape, you’ll need to add more breadcrumbs to the pumpkin mix.
Forming the pumpkin fritters can become a messy task when dusting them in the flour. You’ll need to use clean wet hands to form them perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Sorry but I could never fathom people's love of pumpkin. Pumpkin scones, pumpkin cake, pumpkin soup, and so on. Tastes like baby shit while at the same time, looking like it. Looking forward to a pumpkin steak or a pumpkin maryland? 🤮
You must have a good memory if you can remember what baby shit tastes like. Lol

Sorry but I could never fathom people's love of pumpkin. Pumpkin scones, pumpkin cake, pumpkin soup, and so on. Tastes like baby shit while at the same time, looking like it. Looking forward to a pumpkin steak or a pumpkin maryland? 🤮
My favourite vegetable is pumpkin and pumkin fritters and pumpkin balls are my favourite.

We go through awhole pumpkin every week

A couple of my girls love pumpkin 🎃 soup. Which you use butternut pumkin

I think pumpkin is a very versatile vegetable , I often roast with the skin on , obviously washed very well .
In Winter I love pumpkin soup and make casserole dishes with pumpkin and many other vegetables and herbs .
Also use so now and then pumpkin on pizza and with Greek feta cheese .
Never made rissoles with pumpkin , so must try in the near future . Thanks for sharing .

I think pumpkin is a very versatile vegetable , I often roast with the skin on , obviously washed very well .
In Winter I love pumpkin soup and make casserole dishes with pumpkin and many other vegetables and herbs .
Also use so now and then pumpkin on pizza and with Greek feta cheese .
Never made rissoles with pumpkin , so must try in the near future . Thanks for sharing .
I always cook it with the skin on although I never used to . I thought my friend was being lazy by not peeling it but I find by cooking it with the skin on its stays together better and actually looks better on the plate