Professional Cleaners Swear By This $2 Cleaning Tool - Is This A Must-Have for Efficient Cleaning?

When tackling the never-ending household chores, many of us find ourselves gravitating towards expensive cleaning products and fancy gadgets in the hope that they'll be that miracle solution to all our problems.

However, a professional cleaner is said to have discovered a different and more cost-effective approach, as she raved about a ‘cheap and cheerful’ item that only costs $2.

Kacie Stephens, owner of the Melbourne-based cleaning service The Big Clean Co and a professional cleaner herself, has recently revealed on social media her secret weapon for effective cleaning — a tool that many homeowners may have overlooked countless times.

'Here's a versatile cleaning tool that costs around $2,' Kacie said in the video.

'It's nothing fancy. It's just a dish brush.'

Stephens demonstrated how she fills a tub with ‘For All’, a specialty Australian cleaning brand, and uses the brush to scrub away any dirt build-up.

She continued: 'I can scrub so many different surfaces with this, especially anything with some dirt build-up or cracks or crevices. It gets in there better than a cloth.’

Stephens emphasised that the key to this tool's effectiveness lies in its shape.

'That round brush covers more surface area (so more efficient cleaning),' she explained.
She also claimed that the ‘cheap and cheerful’ cleaning tool is something she ‘can’t live without’.

1684134044415.png
According to Stephens, using this $2 cleaning tool results in ‘more efficient cleaning’. Credit: TikTok/@thebigcleanco.

While Kacie did not specify where she purchased the brush, there are a number of similar tools available at some major retailers.

Coles offers a similar brush for a steal at just $1.75, while Woolworths prices theirs at $4.
Even Kmart offers an upgraded version, a 2-in-1 dish brush with both a brush and scourer on the end, for $4.50.

In addition to sharing her enthusiasm for the affordable dish brush, Stephens regularly offers other helpful cleaning hacks, tips, and tricks on social media.

She also cautions her followers against some viral cleaning methods, including a popular 2-ingredient ‘hack’ for unclogging the sink.

You can read more about her warning and alternative solution to this issue in this article.

Key Takeaways
  • A professional cleaner, Kacie Stephens, recommends a cheap and efficient $2 dish brush as her go-to cleaning tool.
  • Stephens, who runs Melbourne-based cleaning service The Big Cleaning Co, posted a video on social media sharing how versatile and efficient the dish brush can be for various surfaces.
  • Coles, Woolworths, and Kmart offer similar dish brushes at affordable prices, ranging from $1.75 to $4.50.

There you have it, folks! Who knew that something as simple and affordable as a dish brush could be a professional cleaner's secret weapon?

We hope this little cleaning tip helps you around your home, just as it has helped many others.

Have you ever tried using a dish brush to clean hard-to-reach surfaces? Better yet, if you’ve got any of your own cleaning tips and tricks to share, please let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
I have never thought of using one of these!
Who would let their tiles and Basin get that filthy !!

I think I will stick with what I'm using that I know works for me, creme cleanser and steel wool on my stove and mixture of white vinegar, dishing washing liquid on my tiles and similar mixture fir benches ect

Not sure why it wasn't cleaned regularly, and let it get so grimy.
I would never use a brush on my stove, as it's too harsh. Jif or Aldi's cream cleanser and a damp microfibre cloth does the job. If needed on the tiles, I use it as well. Toothbrushes are good scrubbing brushes for grout on the tiles.
Otherwise, a spray bottle with 50ml dishwashing liquid to 500ml water for the benches. Lots of spray products smell too strong for me, that's why I use it.

When tackling the never-ending household chores, many of us find ourselves gravitating towards expensive cleaning products and fancy gadgets in the hope that they'll be that miracle solution to all our problems.

However, a professional cleaner is said to have discovered a different and more cost-effective approach, as she raved about a ‘cheap and cheerful’ item that only costs $2.

Kacie Stephens, owner of the Melbourne-based cleaning service The Big Clean Co and a professional cleaner herself, has recently revealed on social media her secret weapon for effective cleaning — a tool that many homeowners may have overlooked countless times.

'Here's a versatile cleaning tool that costs around $2,' Kacie said in the video.

Stephens demonstrated how she fills a tub with ‘For All’, a specialty Australian cleaning brand, and uses the brush to scrub away any dirt build-up.

She continued: 'I can scrub so many different surfaces with this, especially anything with some dirt build-up or cracks or crevices. It gets in there better than a cloth.’

Stephens emphasised that the key to this tool's effectiveness lies in its shape.

'That round brush covers more surface area (so more efficient cleaning),' she explained.
She also claimed that the ‘cheap and cheerful’ cleaning tool is something she ‘can’t live without’.

View attachment 19847
According to Stephens, using this $2 cleaning tool results in ‘more efficient cleaning’. Credit: TikTok/@thebigcleanco.

While Kacie did not specify where she purchased the brush, there are a number of similar tools available at some major retailers.

Coles offers a similar brush for a steal at just $1.75, while Woolworths prices theirs at $4.
Even Kmart offers an upgraded version, a 2-in-1 dish brush with both a brush and scourer on the end, for $4.50.

In addition to sharing her enthusiasm for the affordable dish brush, Stephens regularly offers other helpful cleaning hacks, tips, and tricks on social media.

She also cautions her followers against some viral cleaning methods, including a popular 2-ingredient ‘hack’ for unclogging the sink.

You can read more about her warning and alternative solution to this issue in this article.

Key Takeaways

• A professional cleaner, Kacie Stephens, recommends a cheap and efficient $2 dish brush as her go-to cleaning tool.
  • Stephens, who runs Melbourne-based cleaning service The Big Cleaning Co, posted a video on social media sharing how versatile and efficient the dish brush can be for various surfaces.
  • Coles, Woolworths, and Kmart offer similar dish brushes at affordable prices, ranging from $1.75 to $4.50.

There you have it, folks! Who knew that something as simple and affordable as a dish brush could be a professional cleaner's secret weapon?

We hope this little cleaning tip helps you around your home, just as it has helped many others.

Have you ever tried using a dish brush to clean hard-to-reach surfaces? Better yet, if you’ve got any of your own cleaning tips and tricks to share, please let us know in the comments below!

I knew! 😄 I have my own cleaning service as well, and have known about this for more than 15 years. It's not new, it's just people have a way to self promote that some of us don't do...maybe I should start 🤔😄

View attachment 19847

Key Takeaways

I have seen & used these in the past. Good d
for 1-2 uses then throw it away. The bristles get bent and ineffective thereafter.

View attachment 19847

Key Takeaways

I use a high-powered steam cleaner as that gets into the hard-to-reach corners.

Love these as well round and rectangle, so gets into tight spots and along wall/floor area. I also use an extra toilet brush along the bathroom floor/wall tiles for the tight spots and it scrubs very well. Plus, I love my Ryobi Power Battery Scrubbers. I must get the polishing brushes as well for them. I have the small bathroom tiles in the bathroom on the floor and use a garden broom (like house broom but with the plastic bristles) and it scrubs the area in next to no time.

Anything to make life a little easier.

I have never thought of using one of these!
Who would let their tiles and Basin get that filthy !!

I think I will stick with what I'm using that I know works for me, creme cleanser and steel wool on my stove and mixture of white vinegar, dishing washing liquid on my tiles and similar mixture fir benches ect
I agree SR. Who on earth would allow this filth.

Not if you look after them. For really hard to get to spots buy an extra toilet cleaning bush as it has that extra log handle. A cleaning treat when one has trouble bending over, mobility issues.
Yes I have a long handled toilet brush also for the same reason - also tooth brushes get recycled and washing up brushes. One I can't do with out is a tapered brush approx 6 inches long with a handle for cleaning my sinks and shower grates. I can't stand them getting grubby and smelly ( they are white) A squirt of bleach and the brush gets them brand new again.

If you look after your kitchen , bathroom etc on a daily base , you don’t need that brush . For the kitchensink (drain) and bathroom including shower drain , I use an old toothbrush . Also good for the bottom of the windows to clean out the dust and insects. I use old airline tooth brushes , which you get for free. I have a collection in my bathroom draw.

View attachment 19847

Key Takeaways

I’ve been using this brush from woollies forever to clean 😊

Reactions: Tervueren