Princess Diana’s former biographer says: “Diana would have loathed the idea of Queen Camilla”

Back in February, Queen Elizabeth expressed her intention to have the Duchess of Cornwall known as Queen Consort when Prince Charles takes over the throne.

“It is my sincere wish that, when that time comes, Camilla will be known as Queen Consort as she continues her own loyal service.” she wrote in a message.

And in response, Camilla said she felt ‘very touched’ and ‘very, very honoured’.

However, not everyone was pleased to hear about this announcement and Princess Diana’s former biographer, Tina Brown, may have only boosted the public’s disapproval of the Duchess of Cornwall after sharing that the Princess herself, would have ‘loathed’ the thought of Camilla acquiring the title.

-UTd2z9rayeG23ZyDgJuTtLVwpVTmOm3VmWI3XT8dF41ajkS37xYe5Wv26OggpgM37UDNL5kaoJq0OhT5EEtNzN8TPhRL-HAa05Gd1D7Jr-AF74zq824jYN44DYGAxS_KBckJHoU

Image Credit: Vogue

Brown also mentioned that Prince Harry too ‘can’t stand Camilla’ and is ‘very angry’ about her future title.

"Diana would have loathed the idea of Queen Camilla, there's no question about it but we're 25 years on," Brown told the publication.

She went on to explain that Diana’s sons have varying opinions about the situation, as both have contrasting relationships with their step-mother.

"William has accepted Camilla in terms of what she means to his father. He's been grown-up about it.”

“Harry, on the other hand, can't stand Camilla. He doesn't want Camilla to be queen and he's very angry that it's happening. He has not made his peace with it and he probably never will.”

Brown, who is the author of The Diana Chronicles, adds that relations between Prince William and Prince Harry are "very bad" and it’s mostly stemming from William's eventual role as King.

The two were extremely close until Harry left the Army. Their relationship only continued to deteriorate when he decided to marry Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex.

VClPDP5yHd1kP3f46xl3sBgEkkDwshYRXyN3AZ6O4jO7DEflfXQp-RS1Ms78rhEpu10A7PRq5p92RNqVyk35v0ZlaR28KCrHVJ6XS5mXx8qk6jQ9qfpcyEeb8e_LV-xbovsQ-blk

Image Credit: Cosmopolitan

Prince Harry’s controversial interview with Oprah Winfrey infuriated William, said Brown.

"William was disgusted about Meghan's attack on Kate because she can't answer back," she clarified, referring to the duchess's comments about the bridesmaid dress incident.

"But that's nothing compared to how furious he's going to be when this book comes out."

Prince Harry's tell-all book is due later this year, leaving many palace courtiers anxious about what else the Duke of Sussex has to say about his family.

"Harry's not going to go after the Queen, she's sacrosanct," Brown says. “And he probably won't go after Kate, whom he's very fond of. But he will go after Charles and Camilla and maybe William.”

"And that's so unhelpful to them all at this particular moment… For William, that's the big cloud in their relationship right now."

What are your thoughts on Camilla possibly being known as Queen Consort? Share them with us in the comments!

Watch Tina Brown talking about Princess Diana in an interview below:

Video Credit: CBS Sunday Morning

Reactions: Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
Princess Diana’s former biographer says: “Diana would have loathed the idea of Queen Camilla”

Back in February, Queen Elizabeth expressed her intention to have the Duchess of Cornwall known as Queen Consort when Prince Charles takes over the throne.

“It is my sincere wish that, when that time comes, Camilla will be known as Queen Consort as she continues her own loyal service.” she wrote in a message.

And in response, Camilla said she felt ‘very touched’ and ‘very, very honoured’.

However, not everyone was pleased to hear about this announcement and Princess Diana’s former biographer, Tina Brown, may have only boosted the public’s disapproval of the Duchess of Cornwall after sharing that the Princess herself, would have ‘
loathed’ the thought of Camilla acquiring the title.

-UTd2z9rayeG23ZyDgJuTtLVwpVTmOm3VmWI3XT8dF41ajkS37xYe5Wv26OggpgM37UDNL5kaoJq0OhT5EEtNzN8TPhRL-HAa05Gd1D7Jr-AF74zq824jYN44DYGAxS_KBckJHoU

Image Credit: Vogue

Brown also mentioned that Prince Harry too ‘can’t stand Camilla’ and is ‘very angry’ about her future title.

"Diana would have loathed the idea of Queen Camilla, there's no question about it but we're 25 years on," Brown told the publication.

She went on to explain that Diana’s sons have varying opinions about the situation, as both have contrasting relationships with their step-mother.

"William has accepted Camilla in terms of what she means to his father. He's been grown-up about it.”

“Harry, on the other hand, can't stand Camilla. He doesn't want Camilla to be queen and he's very angry that it's happening. He has not made his peace with it and he probably never will.”

Brown, who is the author of The Diana Chronicles, adds that relations between Prince William and Prince Harry are "very bad" and it’s mostly stemming from William's eventual role as King.

The two were extremely close until Harry left the Army. Their relationship only continued to deteriorate when he decided to marry Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex.

VClPDP5yHd1kP3f46xl3sBgEkkDwshYRXyN3AZ6O4jO7DEflfXQp-RS1Ms78rhEpu10A7PRq5p92RNqVyk35v0ZlaR28KCrHVJ6XS5mXx8qk6jQ9qfpcyEeb8e_LV-xbovsQ-blk

Image Credit: Cosmopolitan

Prince Harry’s controversial interview with Oprah Winfrey infuriated William, said Brown.

"William was disgusted about Meghan's attack on Kate because she can't answer back," she clarified, referring to the duchess's comments about the bridesmaid dress incident.

"But that's nothing compared to how furious he's going to be when this book comes out."

Prince Harry's tell-all book is due later this year, leaving many palace courtiers anxious about what else the Duke of Sussex has to say about his family.

"Harry's not going to go after the Queen, she's sacrosanct," Brown says. “And he probably won't go after Kate, whom he's very fond of. But he will go after Charles and Camilla and maybe William.”

"And that's so unhelpful to them all at this particular moment… For William, that's the big cloud in their relationship right now."

What are your thoughts on Camilla possibly being known as Queen Consort? Share them with us in the comments!

Watch Tina Brown talking about Princess Diana in an interview below:

Video Credit: CBS Sunday Morning

Well gosh in a nutshell and this is just my opinion. I’m British and love the royal family and I’m extremely proud to say so.
But my vote would be a definite NO.

I think it’s disgraceful. I also don’t think Charles should become King. I would skip him now and go for William. Incidentally Kate would be a stunning Queen and they would be the best option moving forward.

Look at the past with King Edward and Wallace Simpson. That wasn’t right forcing them out. Now times may have changed but making Camilla Queen consort is a bit of a slap in the face for the British subjects and the two Princes William and Harry but most of all the “QUEEN of HEARTS”.
Please no.
Anyway that’s my brief opinion.

Well gosh in a nutshell and this is just my opinion. I’m British and love the royal family and I’m extremely proud to say so.

I think it’s disgraceful. I also don’t think Charles should become King. I would skip him now and go for William. Incidentally Kate would be a stunning Queen and they would be the best option moving forward.

Look at the past with King Edward and Wallace Simpson. That wasn’t right forcing them out. Now times may have changed but making Camilla Queen consort is a bit of a slap in the face for the British subjects and the two Princes William and Harry but most of all the “QUEEN of HEARTS”.
Please no.
I agree totally with you.

I know times have changed but if it wasn't ok for Edward to marry Wallace Simpson, a divorcee, and remain on the throne how come it's ok for Charles?
Jump over Charles I say, after all he's in his 70's so his reign isn't going to be overly long, go straight to William and Kate who, at 40 would give so much more bang for their buck.

Please no.
I absolutely agree with all you say, definitely skip Charles and Camilla. They don’t deserve those titles and Camilla should never be Queen consort.

• Love
Reactions: Gaena and Carwill
My how times change.
Have we forgotten what Camilla and Charles put Dianna through..

I don't think Charles should ever have been allowed to marry Camilla AND become King..

His uncle couldn't marry Wallace Simpson and be King. So he gave up the The Crown to marry her.

Not only is Charles marrying a divorcee, they were having an affair while they were both married to other people.

Her husband apparently accepted it but Dianna never did.

It was Charles who ruined Diana's life and I will say it again and again if she never married Charles or if Charles showed her love and did not cheat on her then maybe Dianna would still be alive today.

Charles should never have been allowed to marry Camilla and become King and Camilla should definitely never be Queen