Prince William opens up about Princess Diana’s ‘ghostly’ presence on Netflix show

The Crown, Netflix's popular dramatised series about Queen Elizabeth II and the British royal family, has captivated viewers for several seasons.

But the sixth season, which covers the aftermath of Princess Diana's tragic death in 1997, contains a controversial scene that had some viewers, and even royal family members, speaking out.

According to reports, the two-part final season of the show will show a ghostly version of Diana (Elizabeth Debicki) appearing to then-Prince Charles (Dominic West) and Queen Elizabeth (Imelda Staunton) in separate scenes.

SDC Images (4).jpeg
Netflix show The Crown will air its sixth and final season on November 16. Image source: Netflix.

In one scene, Diana’s character says to then-Prince Charles: 'You know I loved you so much. So deeply, so painfully, too. That's over now. It will be easier for everyone with me gone.'

She then tells Queen Elizabeth: 'I know it must be terrifying…As long as anyone can remember, you've taught us what it means to be British. Maybe it's time to show you're ready to learn, too.'

An anonymous tipper who claimed to be from the circle of King Charles and Queen Camilla said that the two are unconcerned and 'don’t really care'.

'It's pretty ridiculous at this stage anyway. I think the program has lost the credibility it had in the early years,' the tipper said.

However, for Prince William, the fictional portrayal of his family—especially his late mother—is reportedly unsettling.

'It's incredibly hurtful to have his mother exploited over and over again in this tawdry fashion by Netflix,' an unnamed friend of the Prince said.

'He won't watch it, but he will be totally sickened by it.'

Nextflix spoke about the issue saying: 'These sensitive and thoughtful imagined conversations seek to bring to life the depth of emotion that was felt after such a seismic tragedy struck at the heart of the family.'

'After her death, Diana appears as part of an inner dialogue in separate scenes with Prince Charles and the Queen, who are both reflecting on their relationship with the late Princess.'

Ghostly encounters actually aren't uncommon for the Windsors who have a history of communicating with spirits from the beyond. Queen Elizabeth II reportedly saw the spirit of Elizabeth I (who passed on in 1603) in the library room at Windsor Castle.

At Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral, some social media users claimed to have spotted a spectral figure during the ceremony. However, it was found that the figure was actually a plume from the helmet of one of the King's Body Guards of the Honourable Corps of Gentlemen at Arms.

Moreover, the Queen's former daughter-in-law Sarah Ferguson (ex-wife of Prince Andrew) said Elizabeth's beloved corgis Sandy and Muick—which she adopted after the Queen’s passing and are 'total joys'—bark at phantom presences.

'I always think that when they bark at nothing, and there's no squirrels in sight, I believe it's because the Queen is passing by.'

The first part of The Crown’s final season will air on Netflix on November 16. You can watch the full trailer of the upcoming season below:

Source: YouTube/Netflix.

Key Takeaways

• Rumours suggest that the final season of the Netflix series, The Crown, will feature the apparition of Princess Diana, a concept that is reportedly disturbing to viewers and her family.
  • The depiction includes scenes of Diana's ghost (played by Elizabeth Debicki) offering words to Prince Charles (played by Dominic West) and Queen Elizabeth (played by Imelda Staunton).
  • Prince William is reportedly 'totally sickened' by this portrayal of his late mother.
  • Netflix spoke about the narrative choice stating: 'These sensitive and thoughtful imagined conversations seek to bring to life the depth of emotion that was felt after such a seismic tragedy struck at the heart of the family.'
Members, what are your thoughts on these rumoured scenes from its last season? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored
The Crown, Netflix's popular dramatised series about Queen Elizabeth II and the British royal family, has captivated viewers for several seasons.

But the sixth season, which covers the aftermath of Princess Diana's tragic death in 1997, contains a controversial scene that had some viewers, and even royal family members, speaking out.

According to reports, the two-part final season of the show will show a ghostly version of Diana (Elizabeth Debicki) appearing to then-Prince Charles (Dominic West) and Queen Elizabeth (Imelda Staunton) in separate scenes.

View attachment 32258
Netflix show The Crown will air its sixth and final season on November 16. Image source: Netflix.

In one scene, Diana’s character says to then-Prince Charles: 'You know I loved you so much. So deeply, so painfully, too. That's over now. It will be easier for everyone with me gone.'

She then tells Queen Elizabeth: 'I know it must be terrifying…As long as anyone can remember, you've taught us what it means to be British. Maybe it's time to show you're ready to learn, too.'

An anonymous tipper who claimed to be from the circle of King Charles and Queen Camilla said that the two are unconcerned and 'don’t really care'.

'It's pretty ridiculous at this stage anyway. I think the program has lost the credibility it had in the early years,' the tipper said.

However, for Prince William, the fictional portrayal of his family—especially his late mother—is reportedly unsettling.

'It's incredibly hurtful to have his mother exploited over and over again in this tawdry fashion by Netflix,' an unnamed friend of the Prince said.

Nextflix spoke about the issue saying: 'These sensitive and thoughtful imagined conversations seek to bring to life the depth of emotion that was felt after such a seismic tragedy struck at the heart of the family.'

'After her death, Diana appears as part of an inner dialogue in separate scenes with Prince Charles and the Queen, who are both reflecting on their relationship with the late Princess.'

Ghostly encounters actually aren't uncommon for the Windsors who have a history of communicating with spirits from the beyond. Queen Elizabeth II reportedly saw the spirit of Elizabeth I (who passed on in 1603) in the library room at Windsor Castle.

At Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral, some social media users claimed to have spotted a spectral figure during the ceremony. However, it was found that the figure was actually a plume from the helmet of one of the King's Body Guards of the Honourable Corps of Gentlemen at Arms.

Moreover, the Queen's former daughter-in-law Sarah Ferguson (ex-wife of Prince Andrew) said Elizabeth's beloved corgis Sandy and Muick—which she adopted after the Queen’s passing and are 'total joys'—bark at phantom presences.

'I always think that when they bark at nothing, and there's no squirrels in sight, I believe it's because the Queen is passing by.'

The first part of The Crown’s final season will air on Netflix on November 16. You can watch the full trailer of the upcoming season below:

Key Takeaways

• Rumours suggest that the final season of the Netflix series, The Crown, will feature the apparition of Princess Diana, a concept that is reportedly disturbing to viewers and her family.
  • The depiction includes scenes of Diana's ghost (played by Elizabeth Debicki) offering words to Prince Charles (played by Dominic West) and Queen Elizabeth (played by Imelda Staunton).
  • Prince William is reportedly 'totally sickened' by this portrayal of his late mother.
  • Netflix spoke about the narrative choice stating: 'These sensitive and thoughtful imagined conversations seek to bring to life the depth of emotion that was felt after such a seismic tragedy struck at the heart of the family.'
Members, what are your thoughts on these rumoured scenes from its last season? Let us know in the comments below.

Who even watches that kind of rubbish, probably as far from real as it could get. They have to add in a whole lot of fake stories otherwise no one would watch it so it not the real story.

View attachment 32258

Key Takeaways

Disgusting. American writers have weird concept of “what the public need to know” I’m sure they wouldn’t appreciate their lives portrayed this way. But of course they aren’t famous!

I watch the first couple of seasons. I found it quite boring at first as it was things that happened before I was born. As it went through I started thinking “I remember that happening” so it became more interesting. But the last season screened I only got through two episodes. I hated all the actors and the script. The actress who played Diana was way over the top. It was sooo boring. I definitely won’t be watching the final series

Then tell Prince William to sue Netflix for defamation
Diana is DEAD
Under British, and Australian, law you cannot be charged for defamation of a dead person.

As the law declares that they cannot suffer harm from damage to their reputation once they are dead.

Not saying that I agree with this law, just that it is what it is.

• Wow
Reactions: Tervueren
I can understand William's feelings.....he loved his Mother deeply, and doesn't want her name denigrated in any way , especially by the media who will do anything and everything in order to get Readership or Viewership numbers up for their own selfish cause.....Netflix should be ashamed for showing such 'lies' about this Dear departed Lady. Meanwhile Harry, who has claimed how much he too loved his mother has not said a word about the Netflix fictional series. Netflix have him by his 'WALLET', whilst his wife has him by his B****. 😉