Prince Harry's new memoir will be a bombshell - but it’s loving towards the late Queen

Prince Harry's upcoming memoir is set to be explosive, with the Duke of Sussex expected to reveal all about his childhood, his rift with the royal family and his marriage to Meghan Markle.

The book, titled Spare, was originally supposed to be released on January 10, 2023, but has been delayed until September 12 of that year following the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

In a statement about the book, publisher Penguin Random House said it will be written with 'raw unflinching honesty' and will give readers an insight into Harry's life that they've never seen before.

Commenting on the memoir, former BBC royal correspondent Jennie Bond told OK! magazine: 'I’m afraid people are going to get trampled on by this book.'

She suggested that any negativity in the book would be directed at 'the system in which Harry feels he was so trapped and in which he still believes his father [King Charles] and his brother [Prince William] are trapped.' Bond continued: 'I think he’ll be very loving towards his grandmother. She very much loved Harry.'

64021791-11372817-image-a-10_1667208862604.jpg

Jennie Bond, a former BBC royal correspondent, told OK! Newsweek that the book, Spare, which was postponed following the Queen's passing, will be challenging reading for the whole royal family when it is released on January 10, 2023. Credit: Penguin Random House/Avalon.

PEOPLE magazine reports that Harry will acknowledge his grandmother's death in his memoir, despite most of it being written before she passed away on September 8.

In a statement released shortly after her death paying tribute to Queen Elizabeth II, Harry praised her 'sound advice' and 'infectious smile', called her a 'guiding compass' through her commitment to service and duty, and referred to her as a 'beloved great-grandmother'.

He said: ‘In celebrating the life of my grandmother, Her Majesty The Queen – and in mourning her loss – we are all reminded of the guiding compass she was to so many in her commitment to service and duty.'

‘She was globally admired and respected. Her unwavering grace and dignity remained true throughout her life and now her everlasting legacy. Let us echo the words she spoke after the passing of her husband, Prince Philip, words which can bring comfort to all of us now: “Life, of course, consists of final parts apart as well as initial meetings”.'

'Granny, while this final parting brings us great sadness, I am forever grateful for all of our first meetings – from my earliest childhood memories with you to meeting you for the first time as my Commander-in-Chief to the first moment you met my darling wife and hugged your beloved great-grandchildren.'

‘I cherish these times shared with you, and the many other special moments in between. You are already sorely missed, not just by us, but by the world over. And as it comes to first meetings, we now honour my father in his new role as King Charles III.'

'Thank you for your commitment to service. Thank you for your sound advice. Thank you for your infectious smile. We, too, smile knowing that you and Grandpa are reunited now, and both together in peace.'

64021789-11372817-image-m-9_1667208844087.jpg

According to PEOPLE, Prince Harry will acknowledge the passing of his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II in his new memoir. Credit: Getty Images.

Reports claimed that while no family members were informed of the memoir's contents before yesterday's announcement, Harry may fly to Britain in the New Year to explain his 'intent' in writing it.

Royal biographer Tom Bower said that the Royal Family's response to the memoir will ultimately decide the future of the Sussexes.

Meanwhile, another royal author, Angela Levin, speculated that the palace was 'on tenterhooks' in anticipation of the book's release.

'They have lawyers ready to read it but they won't see it until it's out. If it's too bland it won't be worth the millions they've already paid him,' she remarked.

It was also said that Prince William has only spoken very little to Harry after the novel was announced.

The publisher Penguin Random House provided information on the controversial book, describing it as 'a landmark publication full of insight, revelation, self-examination, and hard-won wisdom about the eternal power of love over grief.'

'Spare takes readers immediately back to one of the most searing images of the twentieth century: two young boys, two princes, walking behind their mother's coffin as the world watched in sorrow—and horror.'

'As Diana, Princess of Wales was laid to rest, billions wondered what the princes must be thinking and feeling - and how their lives would play out from that point on.'

Before yesterday's announcement, the book's title was not disclosed to the royal family, with some sources reporting that they were shocked when they learned about it.

The title is thought to refer to Harry as the 'spare' to Prince William's 'heir' but translations into other languages make it seem more sinister.

It will be referred to as In The Shadow in Spain, The Other in Sweden, and The Reservist in Denmark.

It was thought that after the Queen's passing, ties between the Sussexes and the rest of the royal family might warm up a bit, but insiders informed The Mirror that the couple has 'no plans' to visit the UK for Christmas.

'This book might spell the end for any relationship Harry wants to have with his family, it's really sad,' another source commented on the book's potential to put an end to any efforts at reconciliation between Harry and Meghan and the royal family.

Key Takeaways

• Prince Harry's memoir will reportedly contain explosive new material about his childhood and rift with the royal family.
  • Prince Harry's upcoming memoir is expected to be highly controversial, with many royal experts claiming it will ‘trample on people and the system he felt trapped in’.
  • Royal expert Jennie Bond says the book will make for difficult reading for the royal family and that Harry will be 'very loving towards his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II'.
  • PEOPLE magazine reports that Harry will acknowledge his grandmother's death in his memoir.

A spokesperson for King Charles III declined to offer any commentary on the book. It is believed, however, that the Royal Household has already been informed that the 416-page, £28 ($49.70) book is 'critical of everyone and everything' and that they are 'dreading' it.

Do you think the upcoming memoir will cause more drama to the royal family? Better yet, do you think Prince Harry is in the right for releasing such a controversial book? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
I can't wait to read it maybe we will see the Royal family as they really are.

Why do people put them in a pedestal, they are people not Gods.

I always thought Harry would be the one to spill the beans and I thought that before he even Married Megan.

I think Princess Dianna would have been happy with Harrys book
Maybe it's time the truth is told

Prince Harry's upcoming memoir is set to be explosive, with the Duke of Sussex expected to reveal all about his childhood, his rift with the royal family and his marriage to Meghan Markle.

The book, titled Spare, was originally supposed to be released on January 10, 2023, but has been delayed until September 12 of that year following the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

In a statement about the book, publisher Penguin Random House said it will be written with 'raw unflinching honesty' and will give readers an insight into Harry's life that they've never seen before.

Commenting on the memoir, former BBC royal correspondent Jennie Bond told OK! magazine: 'I’m afraid people are going to get trampled on by this book.'

She suggested that any negativity in the book would be directed at 'the system in which Harry feels he was so trapped and in which he still believes his father [King Charles] and his brother [Prince William] are trapped.' Bond continued: 'I think he’ll be very loving towards his grandmother. She very much loved Harry.'

Jennie Bond, a former BBC royal correspondent, told OK! Newsweek that the book, Spare, which was postponed following the Queen's passing, will be challenging reading for the whole royal family when it is released on January 10, 2023. Credit: Penguin Random House/Avalon.

PEOPLE magazine reports that Harry will acknowledge his grandmother's death in his memoir, despite most of it being written before she passed away on September 8.

In a statement released shortly after her death paying tribute to Queen Elizabeth II, Harry praised her 'sound advice' and 'infectious smile', called her a 'guiding compass' through her commitment to service and duty, and referred to her as a 'beloved great-grandmother'.

He said: ‘In celebrating the life of my grandmother, Her Majesty The Queen – and in mourning her loss – we are all reminded of the guiding compass she was to so many in her commitment to service and duty.'

‘She was globally admired and respected. Her unwavering grace and dignity remained true throughout her life and now her everlasting legacy. Let us echo the words she spoke after the passing of her husband, Prince Philip, words which can bring comfort to all of us now: “Life, of course, consists of final parts apart as well as initial meetings”.'

'Granny, while this final parting brings us great sadness, I am forever grateful for all of our first meetings – from my earliest childhood memories with you to meeting you for the first time as my Commander-in-Chief to the first moment you met my darling wife and hugged your beloved great-grandchildren.'

‘I cherish these times shared with you, and the many other special moments in between. You are already sorely missed, not just by us, but by the world over. And as it comes to first meetings, we now honour my father in his new role as King Charles III.'

'Thank you for your commitment to service. Thank you for your sound advice. Thank you for your infectious smile. We, too, smile knowing that you and Grandpa are reunited now, and both together in peace.'

According to PEOPLE, Prince Harry will acknowledge the passing of his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II in his new memoir. Credit: Getty Images.

Reports claimed that while no family members were informed of the memoir's contents before yesterday's announcement, Harry may fly to Britain in the New Year to explain his 'intent' in writing it.

Royal biographer Tom Bower said that the Royal Family's response to the memoir will ultimately decide the future of the Sussexes.

Meanwhile, another royal author, Angela Levin, speculated that the palace was 'on tenterhooks' in anticipation of the book's release.

'They have lawyers ready to read it but they won't see it until it's out. If it's too bland it won't be worth the millions they've already paid him,' she remarked.

It was also said that Prince William has only spoken very little to Harry after the novel was announced.

The publisher Penguin Random House provided information on the controversial book, describing it as 'a landmark publication full of insight, revelation, self-examination, and hard-won wisdom about the eternal power of love over grief.'

'Spare takes readers immediately back to one of the most searing images of the twentieth century: two young boys, two princes, walking behind their mother's coffin as the world watched in sorrow—and horror.'

'As Diana, Princess of Wales was laid to rest, billions wondered what the princes must be thinking and feeling - and how their lives would play out from that point on.'

Before yesterday's announcement, the book's title was not disclosed to the royal family, with some sources reporting that they were shocked when they learned about it.

The title is thought to refer to Harry as the 'spare' to Prince William's 'heir' but translations into other languages make it seem more sinister.

It will be referred to as In The Shadow in Spain, The Other in Sweden, and The Reservist in Denmark.

It was thought that after the Queen's passing, ties between the Sussexes and the rest of the royal family might warm up a bit, but insiders informed The Mirror that the couple has 'no plans' to visit the UK for Christmas.

'This book might spell the end for any relationship Harry wants to have with his family, it's really sad,' another source commented on the book's potential to put an end to any efforts at reconciliation between Harry and Meghan and the royal family.

Key Takeaways

• Prince Harry's memoir will reportedly contain explosive new material about his childhood and rift with the royal family.
  • Prince Harry's upcoming memoir is expected to be highly controversial, with many royal experts claiming it will ‘trample on people and the system he felt trapped in’.
  • Royal expert Jennie Bond says the book will make for difficult reading for the royal family and that Harry will be 'very loving towards his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II'.
  • PEOPLE magazine reports that Harry will acknowledge his grandmother's death in his memoir.

A spokesperson for King Charles III declined to offer any commentary on the book. It is believed, however, that the Royal Household has already been informed that the 416-page, £28 ($49.70) book is 'critical of everyone and everything' and that they are 'dreading' it.

Do you think the upcoming memoir will cause more drama to the royal family? Better yet, do you think Prince Harry is in the right for releasing such a controversial book? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
Firstly, Harry has the right, as any individual has, to give expression to their feelings, but you’d like to think that it’s done in a respectful way.
Secondly, I’m quite surprised at Harry’s seeming refusal to ‘protect’ or uphold the values and traditions of the Firm. Given his upbringing, I would have expected him to be loyal, even if only to his mother’s and grandmother’s memory.
Thirdly, I can’t help but wonder if he’d taken his current course without the support, and maybe influence too, of Ms Markle.
Finally, will we ever know the truth about any of this? Who will be the judge?

Firstly, Harry has the right, as any individual has, to give expression to their feelings, but you’d like to think that it’s done in a respectful way.
Secondly, I’m quite surprised at Harry’s seeming refusal to ‘protect’ or uphold the values and traditions of the Firm. Given his upbringing, I would have expected him to be loyal, even if only to his mother’s and grandmother’s memory.
Thirdly, I can’t help but wonder if he’d taken his current course without the support, and maybe influence too, of Ms Markle.
Finally, will we ever know the truth about any of this? Who will be the judge?
Maybe that's what he is upholding , his mother's memory and how she was treated by the firm

To be honest I don't think Megan Markle would influence his decision that much.

I doubt he us going to write a book on lies

The Royal family has alot of secrets and alit of cover ups

Key Takeaways

We all have our own truths to be told but just remember it’s only his truth as he see’s it. You can take what you want and leave the rest . Being a pensioner I won’t be buying it at that price. Anyway I have enough dramas in my life than to listen to some poor little rich boy.

Will I be reading it....No. Do I really care about what he has to say....No. We all know that the press and paparazzi will write endless comment on the book and it will be picked apart in public. He is writing his truth, ask other members of his family and there will be other truths, each is valid as seen from their perspective. The rest of The Firm will not have the luxury of the right of reply which in many ways is a shame.:(

I can't wait to read it maybe we will see the Royal family as they really are.

Why do people put them in a pedestal, they are people not Gods.

I always thought Harry would be the one to spill the beans and I thought that before he even Married Megan.

I think Princess Dianna would have been happy with Harrys book
Maybe it's time the truth is told
Well said

Reactions: Elbe and Ricci
I'm not interested in Harry or Meghan.
My USA friends loath them and they aren't alone.
The book will have fabrications again, so I won't be reading it.
Their Oprah interview told 17 falsehoods.
If he truly loved his grandmother, he wouldn't be contemplating this self interest 'look at me' along with demeaning his family.

Another day - another book -its all nothing but a big WHINEFEST. Whine whine whine.....poor little rich boy needs to be put in his place. This is how he honours his father, late mother and late grandparents who have been exemplary in their duty to their roles and country. This brat is a liar and he is joined to the hip with his pinocchio wife.