Prince Harry takes jab at father Prince Charles after ‘CBE scandal’

Sources report that Prince Harry and his father, Prince Charles, have barely spoken with each other in eight months. The rift between the two seems to be only getting wider after Harry revealed on Sunday that he had 'severed ties' with controversial Saudi billionaire Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz in 2015, a year before his Father awarded him with the CBE.

Mahfouz was honoured by Prince Charles with the highest-ranking Order of the British Empire award called the CBE in 2016, after giving £1.5 million ($2 million) to Charles’ charities.

The Prince of Wales’ relationship with Mr Mahfouz was flooded with criticism in recent months, which led to his senior aide Michael Fawcett being forced to resign as head of The Prince's Foundation last month over his role in the alleged scandal.

The Duke of Sussex expressed his ‘doubts’ about the billionaire's motives in 2014, as it is understood that he was seeking recognition and residency in the UK. His monetary donations to charities close to Prince Charles were attempts of obtaining both an honour and British citizenship.

Mp-KhlWqYMVFm1nZyHtq7fdCy4OZeUvwwlQpP_finn2lcx5iwjsVerT4LwCOrjzMq-UcqRJswadw5at9TK3U-J5fnV7Z-b6SkjBq82nOIs6aQaqv1P2UUXnJJmDCJvommnje6Pq2

Prince Harry and Prince Charles' relationship was believed to be at an 'all-time low'. Photo credit: Tim Rooke/Shutterstock.

“This attack was more damaging than the swipe at Charles' parenting skills because this was a challenge to the way he conducts his business,” one royal insider said.

“This is far more damaging to the future King.”

The father and son last spoke in person at the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral eight months ago.

According to insiders, the two have only exchanged a few phone calls since then.

Prince Harry didn’t get the chance to meet his father when he was in London last July, and Prince Charles hasn't met his six-month-old granddaughter Lilibet yet.

“Attempts have been made to clear the air, but they have barely spoken since the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral,” added the insider.

Sources also claimed that Prince Harry felt ‘erased’ from the Queen’s annual Christmas broadcast when she decided to exclude Harry, Meghan Markle and baby Archie’s photos on her desk, despite being featured during the 2018 broadcast.

Meanwhile, there was a large photo of Prince William, Kate Middleton and their young children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.

Reactions: Linda Luttrell
Sponsored
Thank God I am not a royal and having to have everyone in the world give their views on things.

Reactions: Urenrox
It's none of Harry's business he chose to leave or was pressured into it by Megan

It's none of Harry's business he chose to leave or was pressured into it by Megan
I agree, this is thr work of the UK tabloids seeking clickbait and unfortunately a lot read and believe the trash they spew! BUT UNTIL you know the full facts don't be a Meghan hater!

Reactions: Sending Club
I sincerely hope Charles doesn’t become King. He’s married to a divorcee and shouldn’t be given the title. Keep in mind Edward had to abdicate for being married to a Divorcee ….

Reactions: Linda Luttrell
I agree, this is thr work of the UK tabloids seeking clickbait and unfortunately a lot read and believe the trash they spew! BUT UNTIL you know the full facts don't be a Meghan hater!
Don’t mind Meghan at all she’s good for Harry.

I sincerely hope Charles doesn’t become King. He’s married to a divorcee and shouldn’t be given the title. Keep in mind Edward had to abdicate for being married to a Divorcee ….
It doesn’t matter who he’s married to he’s next in line to the throne even if he’s married to a commoner

He isn't the first, besides half the population are re married after divorces, they should be entitled to marry whoever they please.

Reactions: Sending Club
Well..apparently they've moved on... if they hadn't, Harry would never have been allowed to marry divorcee Meghan..... maybe they should stick to the rules...

Get with times, more that 80% of the western world are or have been divorced and remarried. Why hold them up to higher standards than anybody else is expected to do. Bedsides a happy person is more likely to do good than an unhappy one.

It doesn’t matter who he’s married to he’s next in line to the throne even if he’s married to a commoner
Mrs. Simpson was divorced twice. So would not be a good look if she wanted out again.