Price Guarantee: Always Get The Best Bargains

If you've ever experienced the frustration of buying something only to see it go on sale shortly after, you know how disappointing it can be.

The feeling of missing out on a better deal can leave you kicking yourself for not waiting just a bit longer - definitely an all too relatable experience that many of us have gone through!

That's why we're excited to share a potential solution. By taking advantage of 'price matching' or 'price guarantee' policies offered by many retailers, you can get the same item at a lower price if you find it advertised for less elsewhere. The best part? In some stores, this applies even after purchasing.

This can be a huge relief for those who are looking to stretch their budget and get the best deal possible.

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 10.21.13 AM.png
Price matching means you get the same product for the same price as another store. Credit: Pexels/Karolina Grabowska.

At the Seniors Discount Club, we understand how important it is to save money and get the most value for your dollar. That's why we're always on the lookout for ways to help our members save money and live their best lives.

So if you're tired of feeling like you've missed out on a better deal, consider giving price guarantee/price matching a try. It could be the solution you've been looking for!

But what are these policies, exactly?

Price matching is a policy offered by many retailers that allows customers to purchase a product at the same price as a competitor's advertised price. When a customer finds a product for a lower price at a different retailer, they can provide proof of the lower price to the store that offers price matching.

A price guarantee, on the other hand, is where retailers honour a discounted price after you have purchased the item. For example, when a sale starts the day after your big purchase. The store will then refund the difference between the price paid and the lower price.

When a retailer offers price matching or a price guarantee, customers can shop with confidence, knowing they'll always get the best deal available on the market.

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 10.21.06 AM.png
With price matching, you can get the items you want without having to worry about missing out on a better deal elsewhere. Credit: RODNAE Productions.

This can create a sense of loyalty between customers and retailers. It shows that they value their customers and want to keep their business.

This can create a positive emotional connection between customers and retailers, making customers more likely to return to that store in the future.

Price matching and price guarantee policies are most commonly used for electronics, appliances, and other high-value items where price discrepancies between retailers can be significant.

How do they work?

The process for price matching typically works as follows:
  1. The customer finds a product they want to purchase at a particular store, but they see that a competitor is offering the same product for a lower price.
  2. The customer provides proof of the lower price to the store that offers price matching. This can be in the form of an advertisement, a printout, or a screenshot of the competitor's website showing the lower price.
  3. The store verifies the lower price and matches it, either by adjusting the price of the product to match the competitor's price or by issuing a refund for the difference between the advertised price and the lower price.
It's important to note that not all stores offer price matching, and those that do may have specific terms and conditions that apply.

For example, some stores may only match prices from specific competitors or may have restrictions on the types of products or sale periods that are eligible for price matching.

Customers should always check the specific terms of a store's price-matching policy before making a purchase.

As shown in the video above, some retailers also offer price adjustment policies (price guarantees) that allow customers to request a refund for the difference in price if an item they purchased goes on sale within a certain time period. While this is not exactly the same as price matching, it can be a great way to save money.

The specific terms of a store's price guarantee policy can vary, but typically they will include the following:
  1. The customer must have purchased the item within a specified time period before the sale.
  2. The sale price must be advertised in the store or on the store's website, and the item must be the same model and size as the one the customer purchased.
  3. The customer must provide proof of their original purchase, such as a receipt or order confirmation.
It's important to note that not all stores offer price guarantees, and those that do may have other specific terms and conditions that apply.

Though many major retailers do offer a price guarantee, including Harvey Norman, Supercheap Auto, and Costco.

At Harvey Norman, if you find an identical product being sold for less within seven days of your purchase, they will refund the difference. Supercheap Auto's deal is for club members who receive a credit to their account if the product goes on sale within 14 days of purchase. Costco offers credit for online purchases that drop in price up to 30 days later.

If you have a credit card, it's worth checking if it offers price-protection insurance or a guaranteed-pricing scheme. These programs will typically refund you the difference if something you purchase with your credit card goes on sale later.

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 10.21.00 AM.png
Not all stores offer price guarantees, so it's important to know which ones do, and what their terms and conditions are. Credit: Marcial Comeron.

As you go about your day-to-day activities, be it browsing online or walking through a physical store, the idea of making a big purchase can be daunting. It's important to keep an eye out for any opportunities to save a bit of extra money, especially when it comes to major purchases.

That's why spotting a sign promoting 'price-matching' or 'lowest price guaranteed' can be such a relief. The feeling of knowing that you don't have to overspend and that you can get the best deal out there can be truly liberating.

We hope that the information provided in this article has been useful to you, members!

Everyone wants to save money wherever possible, and we understand that every little bit counts. By taking advantage of price-matching and lowest-price guarantees, you can make your money go further and feel more in control of your finances.

You might like to check out this article to learn more about the other major retailers offering price-match policies on purchases.

How does the Price Guarantee policy work_.jpg

If you have any additional money-saving tips or tricks, we would love to hear them. Sharing your experiences and insights can help others make informed decisions and feel more confident in their financial planning. So please feel free to leave a comment below!

Sponsored
Most store are great in price matching or beat the best price by 5 or 10 % .

The only store I know that won't budge is big W we experienced this last week and their customer service was terrible very rude and it was an effort to help us and this was 2 ladies who would have been 50 plus.

I then rang jb and they not only gave us the item cheaper they did it with great service. I could feel the girl smiling through the phone and it continued when we went into store

If you've ever experienced the frustration of buying something only to see it go on sale shortly after, you know how disappointing it can be.

The feeling of missing out on a better deal can leave you kicking yourself for not waiting just a bit longer - definitely an all too relatable experience that many of us have gone through!

That's why we're excited to share a potential solution. By taking advantage of 'price matching' or 'price guarantee' policies offered by many retailers, you can get the same item at a lower price if you find it advertised for less elsewhere. The best part? In some stores, this applies even after purchasing.

This can be a huge relief for those who are looking to stretch their budget and get the best deal possible.

View attachment 14267
Price matching means you get the same product for the same price as another store. Credit: Pexels/Karolina Grabowska.

At the Seniors Discount Club, we understand how important it is to save money and get the most value for your dollar. That's why we're always on the lookout for ways to help our members save money and live their best lives.

So if you're tired of feeling like you've missed out on a better deal, consider giving price guarantee/price matching a try. It could be the solution you've been looking for!

Price matching is a policy offered by many retailers that allows customers to purchase a product at the same price as a competitor's advertised price. When a customer finds a product for a lower price at a different retailer, they can provide proof of the lower price to the store that offers price matching.

A price guarantee, on the other hand, is where retailers honour a discounted price after you have purchased the item. For example, when a sale starts the day after your big purchase. The store will then refund the difference between the price paid and the lower price.

When a retailer offers price matching or a price guarantee, customers can shop with confidence, knowing they'll always get the best deal available on the market.

View attachment 14268
With price matching, you can get the items you want without having to worry about missing out on a better deal elsewhere. Credit: RODNAE Productions.

This can create a sense of loyalty between customers and retailers. It shows that they value their customers and want to keep their business.

This can create a positive emotional connection between customers and retailers, making customers more likely to return to that store in the future.

Price matching and price guarantee policies are most commonly used for electronics, appliances, and other high-value items where price discrepancies between retailers can be significant.

How do they work?

1. The customer finds a product they want to purchase at a particular store, but they see that a competitor is offering the same product for a lower price.
  2. The customer provides proof of the lower price to the store that offers price matching. This can be in the form of an advertisement, a printout, or a screenshot of the competitor's website showing the lower price.
  3. The store verifies the lower price and matches it, either by adjusting the price of the product to match the competitor's price or by issuing a refund for the difference between the advertised price and the lower price.
It's important to note that not all stores offer price matching, and those that do may have specific terms and conditions that apply.

For example, some stores may only match prices from specific competitors or may have restrictions on the types of products or sale periods that are eligible for price matching.

Customers should always check the specific terms of a store's price-matching policy before making a purchase.

As shown in the video above, some retailers also offer price adjustment policies (price guarantees) that allow customers to request a refund for the difference in price if an item they purchased goes on sale within a certain time period. While this is not exactly the same as price matching, it can be a great way to save money.

The specific terms of a store's price guarantee policy can vary, but typically they will include the following:
  1. The customer must have purchased the item within a specified time period before the sale.
  2. The sale price must be advertised in the store or on the store's website, and the item must be the same model and size as the one the customer purchased.
  3. The customer must provide proof of their original purchase, such as a receipt or order confirmation.
It's important to note that not all stores offer price guarantees, and those that do may have other specific terms and conditions that apply.

Though many major retailers do offer a price guarantee, including Harvey Norman, Supercheap Auto, and Costco.

At Harvey Norman, if you find an identical product being sold for less within seven days of your purchase, they will refund the difference. Supercheap Auto's deal is for club members who receive a credit to their account if the product goes on sale within 14 days of purchase. Costco offers credit for online purchases that drop in price up to 30 days later.

If you have a credit card, it's worth checking if it offers price-protection insurance or a guaranteed-pricing scheme. These programs will typically refund you the difference if something you purchase with your credit card goes on sale later.

View attachment 14269
Not all stores offer price guarantees, so it's important to know which ones do, and what their terms and conditions are. Credit: Marcial Comeron.

As you go about your day-to-day activities, be it browsing online or walking through a physical store, the idea of making a big purchase can be daunting. It's important to keep an eye out for any opportunities to save a bit of extra money, especially when it comes to major purchases.

That's why spotting a sign promoting 'price-matching' or 'lowest price guaranteed' can be such a relief. The feeling of knowing that you don't have to overspend and that you can get the best deal out there can be truly liberating.

We hope that the information provided in this article has been useful to you, members!

Everyone wants to save money wherever possible, and we understand that every little bit counts. By taking advantage of price-matching and lowest-price guarantees, you can make your money go further and feel more in control of your finances.

You might like to check out this article to learn more about the other major retailers offering price-match policies on purchases.

If you have any additional money-saving tips or tricks, we would love to hear them. Sharing your experiences and insights can help others make informed decisions and feel more confident in their financial planning. So please feel free to leave a comment below!

Stores such as Bunnings will sell the same product as you can buy cheaper elsewhere, however, Bunnings product will have a different model serial number only their version will carry and will claim there is no match.

Stores such as Bunnings will sell the same product as you can buy cheaper elsewhere, however, Bunnings product will have a different model serial number only their version will carry and will claim there is no match.
Well I work at Bunnings and have never myself or any other team member compared serial numbers of any product we are price matching and beating by 10%. I have worked there for ten plus years and have never seen or heard of this being our policy.

My hint only saves $1 a month on each of your prescriptions, at some Pharmacies, but it all adds up.
The health care card cost of PBS prescriptions is $7.30. However, if you ask for a discount, you can get $1 off. …at some Pharmacies. I don’t know who does or doesn’t offer the discount, but it’s worth asking, and worth avoiding those who don’t give it.

Reactions: TheBear
Buy the item that is on sale and then return it with the previous/more expensive docket that is still valid for returns. A few years ago my son bought his nephew a $130 Fischer Price car from Target and the next week it was $65 but little buddy had already been playing with it. So I bought another car at $65 and then returned it using the $130 receipt. You can do this with anything …. And don’t feel bad, Target would still have been making a profit on the sale item I’m sure.

Reactions: Vicki.E.
Most store are great in price matching or beat the best price by 5 or 10 % .

The only store I know that won't budge is big W we experienced this last week and their customer service was terrible very rude and it was an effort to help us and this was 2 ladies who would have been 50 plus.

I then rang jb and they not only gave us the item cheaper they did it with great service. I could feel the girl smiling through the phone and it continued when we went into store
Depends how one uses and shops and each store. Big W can offer great deals. I just got Bargain of the Year and purchased the Cuisinart Combo Steam & Convection oven that is currently On Sale for $289. Normal retail $449. Elsewhere it's $329 - $429.00. Plus, with the Extra Rewards 10% Off that I get, I got it for $260.10. Plus $free delivery. $$$Bargain. I already have one and is getting a little bit old now but I can now cook faster using both. My normal stove/oven hasn't worked for several years now. It arrived yesterday.

Well I work at Bunnings and have never myself or any other team member compared serial numbers of any product we are price matching and beating by 10%. I have worked there for ten plus years and have never seen or heard of this being our policy.
Hubby hasn't bothered in recent times, but he tried a number of times to get a price match only to be told that it 'really isn't the same product'. Bunnings didn't carry the same product as other hardware stores!

My hint only saves $1 a month on each of your prescriptions, at some Pharmacies, but it all adds up.
The health care card cost of PBS prescriptions is $7.30. However, if you ask for a discount, you can get $1 off. …at some Pharmacies. I don’t know who does or doesn’t offer the discount, but it’s worth asking, and worth avoiding those who don’t give it.
prescriptions are only $6.30 with the health care card your chemist is ripping you off

Reactions: JayKay
Just bought an ASKO Washer from The Good Guys. Lady in store suggested we join their Rewards scheme and then order on their website. Did all of this and were due $150 reward to spend in store. After machine arrived we noticed that the ‘reward’ cash had not been placed in our account. On enquiry at the store they told us to ring no. on website. They weren’t interested in helping, saying we didn’t have an order no. ?? Back to shop and they told us we weren’t eligible for the ‘reward’ as we’d bought an ASKO machine. Could have bought the same machine in H.Norman or other retailers for same price. 🙄 Guess who won’t set foot in The Good Guys, Noarlunga ever again.

View attachment 14267

View attachment 14268

How do they work?

View attachment 14269

Wesfarmers have been doing this for years. I have asked Bunnings for example and quoted another store and they telephoned the store to check! Officeworks is the same. They will match any advertised price for the same product and sometimes, but not always, reduce their price by the 10% they advertise.

Reactions: Ezzy
Does this $1 discount affect how quickly you get to the THRESHOLD for free medications? You are paying less meaning you will take longer to get there.

Currently we would expect to reach this level by mid-May giving us free meds for the rest of the year but a discount could extend this to .....?