Hot mumma

Oct 27, 2023
Pre Dietbeties.

Firstly Hello everyone, My name is Sharron and my partner Andrew. I've been told by my doctor I,am pre diebeties and have to loose some weight which we know is very hard to do, i also do some exercise, so I am seeking help in the food department as a dieatician was not help. I am a person who loves anything sweet, I have been drinking the no sugar drinks and no sugar lollies where are very few in variety can anybody help please., also have cut down in eating some of my favorite foods. thankyou.

Pre Dietbeties.

Firstly Hello everyone, My name is Sharron and my partner Andrew. I've been told by my doctor I,am pre diebeties and have to loose some weight which we know is very hard to do, i also do some exercise, so I am seeking help in the food department as a dieatician was not help. I am a person who loves anything sweet, I have been drinking the no sugar drinks and no sugar lollies where are very few in variety can anybody help please., also have cut down in eating some of my favorite foods. thankyou.
Hi Sharron! Welcome to the SDC community! @Wandiwa and @Littleboy8 are absolutely correct! There are a lot of recipes in the Food and Lifestyle and Cooking/Recipes forums you can choose from. I know that the members who share actually make adjustments to make healthier versions. Take care and stay safe!

Reactions: Littleboy8
Hi Hot Mumma

I was prediabetic once but later became Type 2. Try going to Diabetes Victoria website or Diabetes Australia. Find info, hints, tips, recipes, etc. But also, take note that you don't have to cut out all sweet things. A healthy, balanced diet is best, along with regular exercise. One of the worst culprits is eggs, so a few less of those if you consume a lot now. I was told they were a meal in one, but for diabetics or pre-diabetics, they are not so good. Good luck to you, Sharron and Andrew. And welcome to SDC.

Hi Hot Mumma

I was prediabetic once but later became Type 2. Try going to Diabetes Victoria website or Diabetes Australia. Find info, hints, tips, recipes, etc. But also, take note that you don't have to cut out all sweet things. A healthy, balanced diet is best, along with regular exercise. One of the worst culprits is eggs, so a few less of those if you consume a lot now. I was told they were a meal in one, but for diabetics or pre-diabetics, they are not so good. Good luck to you, Sharron and Andrew. And welcome to SDC.
You can eat up to 6 eggs a week if your pre diabetic or full blown diabetic😁

Last edited: