Popular health coach compares McDonald’s meals in the UK to Australia – which country makes them better?

Okay, okay - we know: Macca’s isn’t exactly known for its quality, but it’s something many of us indulge in every once in a while.

Even if you’re not a fan, you can’t help but be amazed at the ubiquity of the humble Macca’s - there are 970 of them dotted around Australia, employing around 100,00 people.

But have you ever wondered how McDonald’s meals differ across the globe? You’ll be surprised to know how vastly different they actually are from ours!

One of our favourite foodies and fitness gurus here at the SDC, Bec Hardgrave, recently went on a trip to the UK and shared a mind-blowing comparison of the Brit’s Mcdonald’s meals to the ones that we can get here in Australia.

Bec Hardgrave made a name for herself online after regularly posting her own healthy versions of fast-food dishes along with other mouthwatering, low-calorie recipes on her TikTok and Instagram accounts.

But this time around, she decided to get to the bottom of things and figure out which Mcdonald’s meals are superior – a fierce battle between the UK McDonald’s menu VS the Aussie Macca’s menu.

Y-jH7aoidD-m3wgPKcoh1yluzc_xrTscTcscStDBgjR99pzVsLdilzlIkDLUb1ar2G24ZNg8XqLwYQG46tjzzT7IPxo6_7InvImeZYMf38Ymdj7BEFti-sdIgYFBsQdgkhcM7bJYYGX0Mu7_rA
-6HZ7_dGCc6rtpTAuFUPU8julYT9MepN2y7XDryMYGHrgMCAkxw4RQJQh1WaTiRdOsSFq-1gSymWsPIhGbet4tbsgspmHqkRgqKFv9cdGObo9TwX8m4Hu6VZHRHOQa0jS0JrhDmUPoekJythTA

The fitness guru trying UK McDonald’s meals. Image Credit: @bechardgrave

“I'm rating McDonald's from around the world as an Aussie,” she began. “Starting with the London McDonald's breakfast menu.”

Bec veered away from the 'under 400 calorie' menu and reached for the hotcakes and the breakfast roll instead.

“The hotcakes tasted like the pancakes you buy in a packet at the supermarket,” she said. “They were quite hard to chew,”

“I tried the breakfast roll next, but the bacon is so different here! It also had this great brown sauce that I feel like we need to get on our menus in Australia.”

Video Credit: @bechardgrave

Bec’s TikTok video amassed more than 705k views and 100 comments, with users arguing about which McDonald’s is better.

“Nothing beats Aussie Macca’s and that’s a fact.” one user wrote.

“I’ve been all around the world and NOTHING compares to our Macca’s and KFC.” chimed another.

“English bacon is the best!” commented a third.

Another famous Australian TikToker and former Love Island star Jessie Wynter went viral after sharing her own take on the UK’s McDonald’s meals.

“I've decided to step out of my comfort zone while I'm here and try something that isn't on the Aussie menu,” she said in her video.

Jessie got herself a combination of fries, the ‘Chicken Legend’ burger, and cheesy garlic bites.

“I've had a lot of Macca's in my life but the Chicken Legend burger is my favourite ever,” Jessie revealed.

“The chicken and the bun were absolutely amazing – I am so devastated we don't have these things on the Australian menu,”

“Whoever thought to put cheesy garlic bites on the McDonald's menu, you deserve a medal! These were so good.” she continued.

bykGPKkchpel2bcu0SxhbBs8eJwbXdE_F3YfY2M8eug6T8dfJT5pptnt7ls45Durs_92mTnSyLE1JrGmvlEiTmTfNIrMT2_T99NZAr8qUXUTGA4oTxl29s4AkotOTbLC_PG6DHQliH9yWySuMA
hXWpwr8KuxUrAksesCg9iCnckTVQS31Bo1Md5P_vbR_G4kj3bs9NEKFjR6RFnnueMnGjOZsYgTtL-oXb7vfV9vYuJYtJJLnNCsm4ZviZFV5yGE9re6077yjhgm9ngq4j9plmPL2wfM1Y6DtdLQ

Jessie tried the ‘Chicken Legend’ burger. Image Credit: @jessiereneewynter

Thousands of users from around the world left comments on Jessie's video, suggesting which ‘special’ McDonald’s meals people should try in various countries.

“You need to try ‘Irn Bru’ if you ever go to a McDonald's in Scotland,” one man recommended. “Some places in England might sell it, but god… It’s so good over here.”

“The McDonald's in India has a ‘Maharaja Mac’ and it's the best burger I've ever tasted,” added another.

But several agreed that the UK Macca’s was simply the best.

“As an Aussie, I was convinced we had it the best over here, but looking at that menu... Wow.” said one person.

“Okay, but why does that look SO MUCH BETTER?” asked another.

A third declared: “I was raised on London McDonald's and trust me, it does not get better!”

Have you tried McDonald’s meals from other countries? How do they compare to ours? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!
Watch Jessie’s full TikTok video below:

Video Credit: @jessiereneewynter

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
I pride myself in never having set foot inside a McDonalds store, apart from to use the bathroom that is, I absolutely hate fast food of any description and I admit to being a total food snob. Each to their own I guess.

Never have & never will eat a burger from Maccas! I know that in China they have soup & rice dishes on their menus. Didn't try those either, The only things I might eat are the apple pies & chips nothing else at all>

Hmmm a lot of you knocking Maccas after saying you have never tried them! That's sounds so twee to me, making choices on other peoples opinions, shame on all of you. tut tut :(
I'm not knocking them, that would be mad seeing how successful they are, just saying that, to me, they don't look appetising. Burgers have never really lit my fire anyway and seeing as I only have a takeaway or fast food maybe once every five years or so there are others I'd rather have.:)

Reactions: Troika and Vinylted