Poor parking turned public shaming: Jeep owner receives a flurry of strong-worded notes after parking across four bays at Bunnings

There's an unspoken rule when it comes to parking, whether you're a novice driver or have been on the road for as long as you can remember—one car, one parking space.

But there are occasionally those who bend or break the rules, forcing the rest of us into tricky situations or long walks from far-off parking spaces. One such instance recently shocked shoppers at a Bunnings in Balcatta, Perth.

An unidentified Jeep driver caused quite a stir when they parked their vehicle across four car spaces.

And neither their fellow Bunnings shoppers nor the wider public took this apparent disregard for parking etiquette lightly.

compressed-bunnings.jpeg
A Jeep driver faced the wrath of enraged Bunnings shoppers who expressed their anger through a series of harshly-worded notes after witnessing the driver's act of parking across four spaces. Source: Facebook

This act of vehicular vanity didn't just raise eyebrows—it sparked a firestorm of criticism and a saga of scathing notes posted on the Jeep’s windscreen.

The fury of Bunnings shoppers couldn't help but overflow into these messages.

In a colourful display of Aussie straight-talking, one irate shopper scribbled on scrap paper: 'You are a f******! S*** car.' Their feelings towards the driver's reckless parking were as clear as day.

compressed-bunnings 3.jpeg
To clarify their point, an infuriated shopper utilised a child's notepad adorned with a cartoon depicting children stacking alphabet blocks. Source: Facebook

Another creatively used a note featuring a scene of youngsters stacking alphabet blocks.

The note read: 'Congratulations! You park like a f******. Back to school for you.'

What amused many was that one note was, in fact, pre-printed.

This spawned a wave of intrigue and led to calls for a stash of these notes available for anyone caught in similar circumstances.

One wrote, 'We all need a stash of those cards in our cars.'

There was speculation the Jeep's owner might have staged the parking spectacle to prevent damage to their vehicle.

However, opinions differed on how best to retaliate— some suggested pranking the driver by leaving a note saying the car was scratched. In contrast, others thought surrounding the vehicle with shopping trolleys would drive the message home.

One said, 'The best note to leave is "Sorry I accidentally scratched your car. You probably won't even notice it!” Of course, you haven't done anything. They won't care about being shamed, but they will care about something happening to their precious, precious car that needs four spots to avoid being damaged.’

Per the City of Perth Parking Local Law 2017, drivers can only occupy multiple parking spaces if their vehicle is too large to fit within a single standard parking spot.

The document reads, 'A person must not stop or park a vehicle in a parking facility other than wholly within a parking bay or metered space if the parking facility has parking bays or metered spaces.’

‘If a vehicle is too long or too wide to fit completely within a single metered bay then the person parking the vehicle must do so within the minimum number of metered bays needed to park that vehicle.'

Key Takeaways
  • A Jeep driver at Bunnings in Balcatta, Perth, received backlash for parking across four spaces.
  • Displeased shoppers left several notes on the Jeep's windscreen criticising the driver's parking behaviour.
  • Online discussions stirred about the printed angry note, some even suggesting that pre-prepared notes should be kept in cars for such occasions.
  • According to the City of Perth Parking Local Law 2017, drivers can only occupy multiple car parks if their vehicle is too big to fit in one standard parking spot.

Members, what are your thoughts on the story of the Jeep owner who parked across four spaces at Bunnings, sparking a flurry of strong-worded notes?

Have you ever encountered similar parking situations or witnessed public shaming for parking misconduct? Share your opinions and experiences on this topic.

Sponsored
This is no different to people with trailers that take up 5-6 length way spots when they could drive through normal spots and only use up 2 spots

I do the same thing, park away from as many cars as I can, and walk from there to the shops. Guaranteed when I get back to my car there are other cars parked next to it and lots of empty spots closer to the shops. Hubby tells me the reason is that those drivers are also trying to park away from the idiots who don’t give a stuff if they damage another car. With the parking spots becoming increasingly smaller every time a new car park is built we will soon all have to park over at least two spots. Not everyone drives a matchbox sized car. Now I get to park in the disabled spots if any are available, so at least they are bigger. I try to pick one that is away from other spots and away from walkways where people can hit my car with a trolley. When I have to park near other cars I try to pick ones smaller than my SUV or 4WD so if they want to bang their doors into my car they only hit the side steps and they get the damage, not me.
It is not the car parking places that are getting smaller it is the cars getting bigger which it totally unnecessary, especially in the cities and other urban areas.

I also park my SMALL car as far away as possible from the store entry AND always next to a pillar, kerb or other immovable objects to protect at least one side of my car. Unfortunately, the two times I have been hit in a car park it has been a 4x4 monstrosity driven by someone who cannot handle either the size or other parkers.

There's an unspoken rule when it comes to parking, whether you're a novice driver or have been on the road for as long as you can remember—one car, one parking space.

But there are occasionally those who bend or break the rules, forcing the rest of us into tricky situations or long walks from far-off parking spaces. One such instance recently shocked shoppers at a Bunnings in Balcatta, Perth.

An unidentified Jeep driver caused quite a stir when they parked their vehicle across four car spaces.

And neither their fellow Bunnings shoppers nor the wider public took this apparent disregard for parking etiquette lightly.

View attachment 24617
A Jeep driver faced the wrath of enraged Bunnings shoppers who expressed their anger through a series of harshly-worded notes after witnessing the driver's act of parking across four spaces. Source: Facebook

This act of vehicular vanity didn't just raise eyebrows—it sparked a firestorm of criticism and a saga of scathing notes posted on the Jeep’s windscreen.

The fury of Bunnings shoppers couldn't help but overflow into these messages.

In a colourful display of Aussie straight-talking, one irate shopper scribbled on scrap paper: 'You are a f******! S*** car.' Their feelings towards the driver's reckless parking were as clear as day.

View attachment 24619
To clarify their point, an infuriated shopper utilised a child's notepad adorned with a cartoon depicting children stacking alphabet blocks. Source: Facebook

Another creatively used a note featuring a scene of youngsters stacking alphabet blocks.

The note read: 'Congratulations! You park like a f******. Back to school for you.'

What amused many was that one note was, in fact, pre-printed.

This spawned a wave of intrigue and led to calls for a stash of these notes available for anyone caught in similar circumstances.

One wrote, 'We all need a stash of those cards in our cars.'

There was speculation the Jeep's owner might have staged the parking spectacle to prevent damage to their vehicle.

However, opinions differed on how best to retaliate— some suggested pranking the driver by leaving a note saying the car was scratched. In contrast, others thought surrounding the vehicle with shopping trolleys would drive the message home.

One said, 'The best note to leave is "Sorry I accidentally scratched your car. You probably won't even notice it!” Of course, you haven't done anything. They won't care about being shamed, but they will care about something happening to their precious, precious car that needs four spots to avoid being damaged.’

Per the City of Perth Parking Local Law 2017, drivers can only occupy multiple parking spaces if their vehicle is too large to fit within a single standard parking spot.

The document reads, 'A person must not stop or park a vehicle in a parking facility other than wholly within a parking bay or metered space if the parking facility has parking bays or metered spaces.’

‘If a vehicle is too long or too wide to fit completely within a single metered bay then the person parking the vehicle must do so within the minimum number of metered bays needed to park that vehicle.'

Key Takeaways

• A Jeep driver at Bunnings in Balcatta, Perth, received backlash for parking across four spaces.
  • Displeased shoppers left several notes on the Jeep's windscreen criticising the driver's parking behaviour.
  • Online discussions stirred about the printed angry note, some even suggesting that pre-prepared notes should be kept in cars for such occasions.
  • According to the City of Perth Parking Local Law 2017, drivers can only occupy multiple car parks if their vehicle is too big to fit in one standard parking spot.

Members, what are your thoughts on the story of the Jeep owner who parked across four spaces at Bunnings, sparking a flurry of strong-worded notes?

Have you ever encountered similar parking situations or witnessed public shaming for parking misconduct? Share your opinions and experiences on this topic.
Just a thought; everyone should have a small vial of ammonia in their car for selfish drivers. You leave them a note << This should clear up your mind for next time you park>> and you pour a few drops down their air intake. There will be no damage to their car, but impossible to drive in that condition for a few hours, till the ammonia dissipate. I think they will get the message.

Just a thought; everyone should have a small vial of ammonia in their car for selfish drivers. You leave them a note << This should clear up your mind for next time you park>> and you pour a few drops down their air intake. There will be no damage to their car, but impossible to drive in that condition for a few hours, till the ammonia dissipate. I think they will get the message.
And make sure you are concealed from security surveillance cameras whilst you do it?

Reactions: POG
I used to work at Bunnings, there are plenty of weird things to see.
I used to have pieces of paper with Mickey Mouse printed on them, it said “Next time you park so fuc**ng close to my car please leave a can opener so I can get out.”
One time I went to the supermarket and the carpark was virtually full. The only parking spot available was partially taken up by another car whose wheels were over the white line. It was stinking hot, over the old century mark, and this spot was a shady one. Not to be deterred, I parked there anyway as my car is not a big one. When I came back, the jerk who had parked over the line was waiting for me to come back. To apologise, I hear you ask? No, he told me he wanted to see how I was going to get into my car again! (I wish I had thought to ask him for a can opener). Well, I slid in (sideways) quite well as I am not a big person. But it took every ounce of charity that I had in me to hold my tongue and not reply, "Easy - I am not as fat as you". But I said nothing, just threw him a dirty look. I assume he parked that way to maximize the amount of shade he would get but it backfired.