Police looking at ONE person of interest in William Tyrrell case

William Tyrrell was wearing a Spider-Man costume and playing with his then five-year-old sister in their foster grandmother’s yard in Kendall when suddenly, they couldn’t find him.

William was three years old when he vanished on September 12, 2014.

On Monday, police returned to the home from which William Tyrrell disappeared. They were investigating whether the child suffered a fatal fall from the balcony.

NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller reported that police were looking at 'one person' of interest in relation to the disappearance of the missing toddler.

dbZWp_VzSHpa65-9ovBjb9-VpPR4C32IARrZSN_AKA0iYc3fHQyCFDwPz66j8ZkqFakeWgy82_gHoLZzIlszl9R4mXFaCcv0Uv1Qy_Pohkoy8zZDaKVcTNcdR5IoRgLNFszTuqzb

William Tyrrell remains missing. Photo from PR Image via Daily Mail Australia.

Despite a $1 million reward, more than 600 persons of interest, and hundreds of Kendall police searching the town, no remains have been found, and no person has ever been charged over his disappearance and alleged murder.

Commissioner Fuller said on Tuesday morning that “there is certainly one person in particular that we are looking closely at”. However, he did not disclose the individual he was referring to.

“I certainly don't want to declare too much because again, in these cases, you do not want to compromise a potential outcome.”

“These officers have been working tirelessly to get to this point where we are searching land, again using the best technology available.”

William's foster parents were identified as among the hundreds of persons of interest in the case. However, according to counsel assisting Gerard Craddock, being a person of interest does not necessarily make that person a suspect.

EClC2zHct-Q5qYWJpoOu_uGR_Lu0OVO7EPIQ0lqnHqUdKvKjVoIK3uret1aB4_6V_Mzc5QY772iqGNPakjImqXuiwkSKGoOm2dEcXZPljhf-BnqI3h5iDMee2wjBPdnpZ8ad14D6

NSW Police searched the property which William Tyrrell disappeared from on Benaroon Drive in Kendall. Photo by Wolter Peeters via The Sydney Morning Herald.

Earlier on Tuesday, a military-style search operation was done by investigators on the Kendall property.

NSW Police and Rural Fire Service dug up the garden directly underneath the second story balcony and searched the site along Batar Creek Rd.

Tilly, the cadaver dog, was also on the scene.

Officers have begun consulting with a forensic anthropologist, an archaeologist, and a hydrologist in an attempt to discover new physical evidence in William’s sudden disappearance.

“I didn’t think this new evidence would lead back to the house,” said neighbour Vic Gunter, who found it ‘a bit strange’ police would target the property many years later.

But he admitted that the child’s alleged abduction is still ‘so fresh in many people’s minds’.

An extensive search in September 2014 revealed no traces of the boy who was initially reported as ‘lost and potentially abducted’.

A second extensive search by former detective Gary Jubelin in 2018 also unveiled no clues.

rMIoQ8jwmTcmH7VeN0stkRDLVixlUSxLe9VEQLTql3_zgD_s-ey4STJjriMa3WBl74FDupYHjWFmFvavHP42GBzvIh0SFRv3qCIZAxl54E46mRcG9r0SCFub-2q07WGs8W1HtUG5

Photo retrieved from The Sydney Morning Herald.

William and his sister were on a trip from Sydney to the NSW Mid North Coast with their foster parents.

His foster mother, who had been outside with her two children, went inside to make a cup of tea but became concerned when she had not heard him for five minutes.

The little boy would have celebrated his 10th birthday in June 2021.

Sponsored
I hope this riddle can finally be solved and that gorgeous little boy can be put to rest as I, like so many fear that he is not alive. Whether his death was accidental or not I hope the person responsible gets what he/she deserves and faces the full force of the law.

Reactions: Defiant540 and Hel
I always thought there was something wrong with this story. Something not quite right, didn't gel. Poor little boy.

Reactions: Defiant540
I hope this riddle can finally be solved and that gorgeous little boy can be put to rest as I, like so many fear that he is not alive. Whether his death was accidental or not I hope the person responsible gets what he/she deserves and faces the full force of the law.
I agree. I cannot understand why police believed someone took him in the first place. Looks like his mother was right all along.