Police arrest woman in her 60s after discovering lifeless body in family home

In a quiet suburb, the residents of Damon Ave in Epping were shaken by a grim and unsettling discovery that has since concerned the community.

A woman in her 60s has been taken into custody following the discovery of a man's body at a residential home, casting a shadow over the area known for its peaceful atmosphere.

The tranquillity of the neighbourhood was disrupted around 11 AM on Saturday, 15 June, when police were summoned to the scene after receiving reports that raised alarms about an individual's welfare.

Upon their arrival, the officers were confronted with a scene that one seldom expects to encounter in such a serene setting: the lifeless body of a man believed to be in his 60s.

The gravity of the situation intensified as a woman, also in her 60s, was arrested at the home.

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 8.15.44 AM.png
A woman in her 60s was arrested after a lifeless body was discovered in her family home. Credit: 9 News Sydney / Facebook

It was later identified that the woman was Nam Suk Back, also known as Su Park, who was accused of using a hammer to fatally attack her husband, Kevin Park.

It was also the couple’s son, John Park, who found his father’s body in their residence on Damon Avenue.

The police, determined to piece together the events that culminated in this distressing outcome, are calling on the public to come forward with any information that may shed light on the case.

Residents of Damon Avenue expressed their disbelief, describing the Parks as a seemingly ordinary couple who had recently added a dog to their family and were often seen enjoying walks around the neighbourhood.

The presence of the new pet had become a familiar and comforting sight, making the news of the alleged murder all the more incomprehensible.

John Park, who lived with his parents in the cul-de-sac, has been staying with extended family as he grapples with the aftermath of the tragedy.

Meanwhile, his mother has been refused bail and is set to face court again next month.

This incident serves as a stark reminder that behind the closed doors of suburban homes, there can lie hidden turmoil.
Key Takeaways

• A Sydney woman named Nam Suk Back, also known as Su Park, has been charged with the murder of her husband, Kevin Park.
  • Their son, John Park, discovered his father's body at their family home in Epping, Sydney's north-west, and contacted emergency services.
  • Nam Suk Back was arrested at the house and later charged with murder, then taken to Gladesville Police Station.
  • The couple was well-known in their neighbourhood for walking their recently purchased dog, and Back has been refused bail and will appear in court next month.
As we await further information, our hearts go out to the family of Kevin Park.

May he rest in peace.

Last edited:
Sponsored
This is very sad and we can't jump to the many conclusions until the rest of the storie comes out.

One thing puzzles me is if the son lived there and came home to find his father dead then when was the welfare check done?

A welfare check is done when someone is concerned and reports their concerns to the authorities.

This is very sad and we can't jump to the many conclusions until the rest of the storie comes out.

One thing puzzles me is if the son lived there and came home to find his father dead then when was the welfare check done?

A welfare check is done when someone is concerned and reports their concerns to the authorities.
Suzanne, the article does not state anything about a ‘welfare check’. It may have just been coincidence that the son was out at the time of the alleged incident and arrived back home to find his father dead. There may never have been any indication of trouble and his mother may have just snapped that one time and allegedly done the hammer tragedy.

It appears that they made the discovery on their first attendance.

Reactions: Gsr
A woman nicks money from her bank's customers. RAGE!!!! A woman presumably belts her husband on the head with a hammer, killing him. Just where now is the flogging and hanging brigade in SDC?

A woman nicks money from her bank's customers. RAGE!!!! A woman presumably belts her husband on the head with a hammer, killing him. Just where now is the flogging and hanging brigade in SDC?
Waiting to find out if she 'just snapped' or if he provided the straw that broke her.

Very sad for the family Whatever the circumstances that lead to this loss of life. no one really knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Suzanne, the article does not state anything about a ‘welfare check’. It may have just been coincidence that the son was out at the time of the alleged incident and arrived back home to find his father dead. There may never have been any indication of trouble and his mother may have just snapped that one time and allegedly done the hammer tragedy.
Being merely a bloke, if I should "just snap" when my wife is screaming abuse at me (stuff like that happens in a good many families) and should I slap her just once, I am become an evil bastard who has assaulted his wife and the cops will give me a restraining order to get out of the house, there and then. Happened to a bloke I know. He verbally criticised his wife who had just thrown her mobile phone at him and who then slashed him with a kitchen knife (she had to go to the kitchen to get it); the cops were called almost immediately at about 10pm and he was made instantly homeless through a restraining order, went to another State a day or two later and the next thing we learnt was that he had been given a deportation order with 28 days to appeal. The wife; still in Australia, presumably is quite happy.

Reactions: Gsr