Planning a beach trip this summer? Make sure to bring a couple of these!

There is no question that Aussies are true lovers of breathtaking beaches and sunkissed coastlines. And with travel restrictions on their way out, now is the perfect time for a seaside getaway eh?.

Well if you’re planning on a sea change anytime soon, take note of the beach trip essentials that one seasoned traveller swears by!

-ohaaPHWoTCY9TsWuqrqv6VBbvG55JGMOLv8pTVBhveyP0o9-oa6iHrM3Q3L1D48h9EqbVtqiAinBSJBd4ijav2MGCmK5owWAaLS90Erx3QTMMh3I-IhaLrvJfOLALBMAQrpGMVh

A regular beach-goer shares three essentials she couldn’t live without. Credit: IKEA (left) and Escape.com.au. (middle, right).

Jenny Hewett, who spent four years living in Bali before the pandemic, shares three beach essentials she swears by.

“The only thing worse than a wet bikini is a wet bikini flopping around in a suitcase like a fish out of water,” said the regular beach-goer.

“I should know; I was often faced with this common packing predicament,” she added.

The first item on her list is Ikea’s RENSARE waterproof bag which she described as a “game-changer”.

“I recently returned from three weeks island-hopping in Fiji and this is the one packing item I will never travel without,” said Jenny.

The waterproof bag is made of see-through plastic and comes at an affordable price of $3.50. If it’s gonna stop our knickers from smelling of stale seawater, we say it’s absolutely worth it.

According to Jenny, she frequently uses it to transport her wet swimwear. And whenever she’s going to the beach, the bag serves as a safety pouch for her phone and wallet.

“It also works as an emergency backup if you’ve got messy toiletries bottles and want to protect your clothes,” she added.

The second item is something Jenny admits she would never go anywhere without. “If I was stuck on a deserted island and could only have one thing, it would probably be sunscreen. I never go anywhere without SPF 50+.”

Jenny loves the homegrown brand Ultra Violette.

“Their skincare-forward Supreme, Queen and Lean ‘skinscreens’ are SPF 50+, lovely to wear and come in a range of different formulas that feel nothing like regular sunscreen,” she said.

She also likes how the ‘skinscreens’ come in handy sizes, allowing her to bring them anywhere.

Jenny’s third item is perfect for those who are looking to spend their holidays overseas.

“If you’re travelling to somewhere like Fiji, Thailand or Indonesia, you’ll want to take into consideration the fact that either yourself or others, will be lugging your bags onto boats and domestic flights, which have stricter limits on baggage,” she said.

That’s why she recommends the carry-on suitcase from July, which is dubbed as the ‘lightest double-wheel suitcase in the world’. Your time away is better spent enjoying the sights, rather than recovering from a carry on workout, don't you agree?

What is your go-to beach essential? Let us know in the comments below! We might just add them to our suitcases!

Sponsored