SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
goatwhisperer

goatwhisperer

Jul 22, 2023
Places to visit Sth Australia

I grew up on Eastern Eyre Peninsula, a farmers daughter. lived there for 40 years before moving to Qld. So many pristine beaches to visit to start with. My hometown Cowell which I go back to regularly, has a thriving Oyster industry, and is also home to the world's largest Nephrite Jade deposits. Discovered in 1965 by farmer Harry Schiller. If you want get up close to wind farms turnines, Mt Millar Windfarm between Cowell and Cleve has a tourist drive. Nearly 25 years old one of the first windfarms, also one of the best from quietness, and technology aspect. Sheep happily graze around and under them. Part of it is on the Mt Millar farming property my husband grew up on and his brother and his wife are still on
Great views of the countryside from the top of the range as well!

where is cowell?
Cowell is on the coast of Spencer's Gulf on Eyre Peninsula, also known as Franklin Harbour. It is about halfway between Pt Augusta at the very top of Spencer's Gulf, and Port Lincoln at the bottom. Whyalla, a regional city and home to a big steel making industry is 100km north of Cowell. 😁

Reactions: paulamc52
where is cowell?
On the coast of Spencer's Gulf on Eyre Peninsula. About half way between Pt Augusta at the top and Pt Lincoln at the bottom. Also known as Franklin Harbour . Whyalla is 100km north of Cowell, a regional city home to one of Australia's biggest steel making industries..

Reactions: paulamc52