@SX2002 I am! I absolutely love it. We took the film camera out yesterday in the warm weather and got a few photographs! Very excited to get them developed when we can. We both really love the look of film photos. What device do you use to take photos?

It's something I've always wanted to get more into, but never managed to find the time sadly. My step Father has an old film Leica that I think would be perfect.

@SX2002 Why dont you post a few of your pics?

Hi Maddie, I have three main cameras that I use all the time. A D7200, D500 and a Z50. Not into film anymore though. I did a full course on it the year before digital hit the scene...:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Image00001.JPG
    Image00001.JPG
    613.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Image00005.JPG
    Image00005.JPG
    542.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Image00004.JPG
    Image00004.JPG
    606 KB · Views: 2
  • Image00003.JPG
    Image00003.JPG
    606.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
I've been doing macro photography of insects for the S Museum for a few years now, here are a few European Honey Bees I shot the other day.

Attachments

• DSC_0789.JPG
    DSC_0789.JPG
    434.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0793.JPG
    DSC_0793.JPG
    580.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0810.JPG
    DSC_0810.JPG
    536.9 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0819.JPG
    DSC_0819.JPG
    591.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0820.JPG
    DSC_0820.JPG
    496.7 KB · Views: 6
I'm also doing the photography for the "City Of Adelaide" clipper ship that we brought out from Scotland back in 2013. It's the oldest clipper ship in the world and the older sister to the Cutty Sark. Mostly, apart from social activities, I'm doing a photographic record of the restoration. I'm also a member of the Sporting Car Club Of South Australia, the second oldest car club in the world. I do photography of certain motor sport events for that as well. I'm also the photographer for our Lifestyle Village. Keeps me off the streets and out of mischief...

• Haha
I've had to cut back on a lot of things I do due to some pretty bad spinal injuries. Had multiple surgeries and many minor procedures since 1985.
In fact We just got home from the hospital, had more injections into my spine...they never worked before but my neurosurgeon wanted to give them another try.
And the icing on the cake, had a full spine MRI a few weeks ago and they found I also have an enlarged aorta, Had a CT scan on that yesterday. I now get frequent flyer points from the Calvary Adelaide Hospital...LOL

A few more..

Attachments

• Blue Ringtail (Austrolestes annulosus), Damselfly.JPG
    Blue Ringtail (Austrolestes annulosus), Damselfly.JPG
    510.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0043.JPG
    DSC_0043.JPG
    561.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0534 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0534 - Copy.JPG
    569.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Image00021.jpg
    Image00021.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Kookaburra.JPG
    Kookaburra.JPG
    512.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Immature Common Blackbird.JPG
    Immature Common Blackbird.JPG
    594.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Image00171.JPG
    Image00171.JPG
    675.4 KB · Views: 5
  • New Holland Honeyeater.JPG
    New Holland Honeyeater.JPG
    670.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Love
Oh my goodness @SX2002 these are phenomenal! These deserve to be in a museum! I LOVE the bees ones especially, they are just so beautiful close up and I love the way you have captured the eyes!

Oh my goodness @SX2002 these are phenomenal! These deserve to be in a museum! I LOVE the bees ones especially, they are just so beautiful close up and I love the way you have captured the eyes!
Thanks Maddie..the aim in any wildlife photography is to make sure you capture the eyes...ditto for people..
Cheers, Ron.

Attachments

• DSC_0174 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0174 - Copy.JPG
    632.4 KB · Views: 5
It's something I've always wanted to get more into, but never managed to find the time sadly. My step Father has an old film Leica that I think would be perfect.

@SX2002 Why dont you post a few of your pics?
Hi Jon, only a few members so far and we already have some interested in photography. Can/should we have a photograhy section..?

Wow, these are really impressive... A photography section is a really good idea. What do you think about us using one of these as our pic of the day in the newsletter?

The macro lens photos in particular are great!

@SX2002 would you be okay with us using your photographs in our daily newsletter every now and then? We would of course give you the credit you deserve, we just think they are so amazing, that they need to be shared with the rest of the group!

However, we completely understand if you're not comfortable with us sharing them. It is completely up to you.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Maddie.

@SX2002 would you be okay with us using your photographs in our daily newsletter every now and then? We would of course give you the credit you deserve, we just think they are so amazing, that they need to be shared with the rest of the group!

However, we completely understand if you're not comfortable with us sharing them. It is completely up to you.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Maddie.
Hi Maddie, what is it and where can I see the Daily Newsletter..?