Cheb

Nov 1, 2021
PHISHING SCAM

Yesterday, I received an email from PayPal saying that my payment for a NORTON Deluxe package had been received and if I didn't authorize this charge, I had 24 hours to cancel and get a refund. Of course, this was a scan because I have never had a PayPal account or ever used NORTON. The receipt was for $360.98 AUD and was dated 08/09/2023. Then today I received the same email again for the same amount but dated 09/09/2023.Of course I did not click on the link, but I just wanted to warn others who may also receive this email. I am guessing that I will receive more of the same. Eventually they may get the hint and stop sending them.002.JPG

PHISHING SCAM

Yesterday, I received an email from PayPal saying that my payment for a NORTON Deluxe package had been received and if I didn't authorize this charge, I had 24 hours to cancel and get a refund. Of course, this was a scan because I have never had a PayPal account or ever used NORTON. The receipt was for $360.98 AUD and was dated 08/09/2023. Then today I received the same email again for the same amount but dated 09/09/2023.Of course I did not click on the link, but I just wanted to warn others who may also receive this email. I am guessing that I will receive more of the same. Eventually they may get the hint and stop sending them.View attachment 29503
I delete them useless pricks😁

PayPal regularly advises on how to spot a FAKE email - if you take notice of their advisements then you won't open a fake. Problem solved.

Also adding the correct email address to the SAFE list in your email account helps to filter the fakes too.

And yes i got one but i did not open it as it landed straight in the SPAM folder (plus i never use Norton they are crap and full of false flags for everything unimportant and completely miss what is important to protect from so i would instantly know i'd never pay for anything of theirs anyway).

Reactions: Observer
PHISHING SCAM

Yesterday, I received an email from PayPal saying that my payment for a NORTON Deluxe package had been received and if I didn't authorize this charge, I had 24 hours to cancel and get a refund. Of course, this was a scan because I have never had a PayPal account or ever used NORTON. The receipt was for $360.98 AUD and was dated 08/09/2023. Then today I received the same email again for the same amount but dated 09/09/2023.Of course I did not click on the link, but I just wanted to warn others who may also receive this email. I am guessing that I will receive more of the same. Eventually they may get the hint and stop sending them.View attachment 29503
I have received one similar and also one to purchase Bitcoin. Deleted both.

PHISHING SCAM

When recieving Paypal scams,I always forwards them on to [email protected]....

I had a call just then... What I normally do, is I allow it to ring out, then I call the number and if it not in service I BLOCK it.

this time a guy answered and I sad G'day you just phoned me "Who am I speaking too he asked? To whom am I speaking too, I replied.

Proper English by the way, would have been "Who am I speaking with... so that identified him too.

I quoted his number and said who are you? please identify yourself. He said oh my business must have phoned you by mistake.

Not a problem I said, anyone I have business dealings with identifies themselves. And then I hung up.

By the way if anyone commenting keeps getting thrown out of our site, it happens only when a hand icon appears, as we are about to type. To resolve it move the cursor to the right (while cursing if it helps) until the proper cursor line appears.

It took me a while to figure this out.

Last edited:
Scams are terrible. I have however ABSOLUTELY ENDED the constant sex industry emails that have plagued me since January. For over a week now, not one. I had 8 months of Females quoting their wares I felt like Bon Jovi in a dressing room, after a rock concert.

Then in January a Russian site started as I did communicate about 7 years back with a Russian woman who worked in the city as a typist and lived with her grandfather in the country ha ha ha.. it was very well done. But it became strange, as it was like two different personalities were talking about everyday things with me, then I realized and stopped it.

Ad then Ukranian sites started. I joined match.com a few years ago while living in Brisbane and had 350 of them. That was years ago they are like reader's digest... they will find you and I reckon they sell our emails between each other. I had 157 emails in total adding all sites together.... yep, I have finally dismissed Living the life of a rock god...

The sad thing is there really are normal everyday people out there honestly looking for soul mates, but its next to impossible now to meet anyone that isn't after a bank account. I have outfoxed them however as I'm broke.

I do like Indian people as I like any good person of any race whatsoever, however if an Indian voice comes on my phone these days, I instantly say not interested, and hang up, and that's not how things should be, is it.

Last edited:
thankfully I am a bit too old for this sort of 
rort, and I prefer my own solitude!!

• Love
Reactions: Observer and Tipsy
PHISHING SCAM

I’ve received similar and I forward them to [email protected]
And notify my bank. Protects me and alerts PayPal who acknowledge receipt

Reactions: Pink lion