People are obsessed with this $29 Kmart bedtime item: ‘So bloody good’

You probably don't consider your pillow to be part of your beauty routine. But, aside from skincare products and beauty rituals, did you know that switching to silk pillowcases can improve skin and hair hydration?

Silk pillowcases are a popular go-to luxury item that many people swear by to prevent wrinkles and sleep creases while protecting hair from friction and moisture loss due to their smooth surface.

woman-g93bfec0af_1920.jpg
Credits: Pixabay

“We get ‘crush wrinkles’ from sleeping on our side/face, so we may get less of those when sleeping on silk,” dermatologist Dr Neal Schultz told Good Housekeeping.

It’s no wonder silk pillowcases are a popular gift item this Christmas. However, they are not exactly cheap, costing around $100 that can be out of some people’s budget.

But luckily, Tiktoker Tashya Koelmeyer discovered that giant department store Kmart was selling silk pillowcases for just $29 each.

xI_WdXDWtm77GxvAVB_CflqQsjHiwyfurs9oznQ2-BLa7qobwDioSSo3HtiLLKPYYHGUlGJH3cLasdOf-1ISdo1W1MzFS3Pim79cL1da6FbmKAiFCUjimebHer9o7qHxj38T-9Cn
A Tiktoker has shared her experience with silk pillowcases online. Credits: Tiktok/@tashyakoelmeyer

“I found these silk pillowcases for only $29 – they look so luxe,” Tashya says in her video. “This would be a great Christmas idea,” she adds.

And her followers are quick to agree.

“Girl, I’m meant to be saving money, ahhh,” One said.

“Pure silk and so cool to sleep on… I love mine so much,” said another Tiktoker.

While many people in the comments section questioned whether it was genuine silk or a silk polyester blend, Tashya quickly pointed out that the product was 100 percent silk.

Kmart first introduced silk pillowcases in grey, pink, and white last year. The pillowcases are available in two styles for the holidays: plain white and one with a beautiful botanical print on one side and plain white silk on the other.

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 7.51.44 AM.png
Kmart is selling 100% silk pillowcases for $29 each with two styles to choose from Credits: Kmart

Fans are posting to various Kmart groups to express how much they enjoyed the collection.

“I love silk pillowcases and was excited to find this at Kmart today,” a poster on one of the groups wrote. “They are new in and found in the Christmas gift idea section $29 each.”

“Yesss Kmart, you’ve done it again,” one fan replied. “Soooo bloody good!!! Exactly the same as my silk case from Adairs,” another added.

Watch Tashya’s video below:

Will you give these silk pillowcases a try? Do you think it'd be a good addition to your beauty regimen? Let us know in the comments section below.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fraser
Sponsored
People are obsessed with this $29 Kmart bedtime item: ‘So bloody good’

You probably don't consider your pillow to be part of your beauty routine. But, aside from skincare products and beauty rituals, did you know that switching to silk pillowcases can improve skin and hair hydration?

Silk pillowcases are a popular go-to luxury item that many people swear by to prevent wrinkles and sleep creases while protecting hair from friction and moisture loss due to their smooth surface.

yYiEnHqxWyjoIs8uQ6yW-0wfw4fY5KrwDsr1i3lOi2HY9kXlONo-dY_yZ0fXPvpBnEoVkcg3HijlOLjFM5RlFmoK6hC_Ib58yONoTMIpd06rGd5CJKI8nrPrPuv3SA

Credits: Pixabay

“We get ‘crush wrinkles’ from sleeping on our side/face, so we may get less of those when sleeping on silk,” dermatologist Dr Neal Schultz told Good Housekeeping.

It’s no wonder silk pillowcases are a popular gift item this Christmas. However, they are not exactly cheap, costing around $100 that can be out of some people’s budget.

But luckily, Tiktoker Tashya Koelmeyer discovered that giant department store Kmart was selling silk pillowcases for just $29 each.

xI_WdXDWtm77GxvAVB_CflqQsjHiwyfurs9oznQ2-BLa7qobwDioSSo3HtiLLKPYYHGUlGJH3cLasdOf-1ISdo1W1MzFS3Pim79cL1da6FbmKAiFCUjimebHer9o7qHxj38T-9Cn

A Tiktoker has shared her experience with silk pillowcases online. Credits: Tiktok/@tashyakoelmeyer

“I found these silk pillowcases for only $29 – they look so luxe,” Tashya says in her video. “This would be a great Christmas idea,” she adds.

And her followers are quick to agree.

“Girl, I’m meant to be saving money, ahhh,” One said.

“Pure silk and so cool to sleep on… I love mine so much,” said another Tiktoker.

While many people in the comments section questioned whether it was genuine silk or a silk polyester blend, Tashya quickly pointed out that the product was 100 percent silk.

Kmart first introduced silk pillowcases in grey, pink, and white last year. The pillowcases are available in two styles for the holidays: plain white and one with a beautiful botanical print on one side and plain white silk on the other.

View attachment 632

Kmart is selling 100% silk pillowcases for $29 each with two styles to choose from Credits: Kmart

Fans are posting to various Kmart groups to express how much they enjoyed the collection.

“I love silk pillowcases and was excited to find this at Kmart today,” a poster on one of the groups wrote. “They are new in and found in the Christmas gift idea section $29 each.”

“Yesss Kmart, you’ve done it again,” one fan replied. “Soooo bloody good!!! Exactly the same as my silk case from Adairs,” another added.

Watch Tashya’s video below:

Will you give these silk pillowcases a try? Do you think it'd be a good addition to your beauty regimen? Let us know in the comments section below.

Not having TicTok these links do not work for me.........AIBU to not want to have TicTok?

I only use my silk pillowcase when I have my hair done by the hairdressor, it is an old trick to keep you hair in the same style that it was styled to. But it is good to know that Kmart has some. Thank you.

Reactions: Julie1 and Jumbody
I've wanted to buy a silk pillowcaseas a gift for my daughter for a long time and I've been hoping to see the prices drop....I'll go and see if our local KMart have these and hopefully I won't have to wait any longer! Thankyou.

Reactions: Julie1
there is only 1 pillow case in the packet on the packet it says pillow case it does not have an S on it

Reactions: Julie1