Pensioner, 83, and young husband separate after 2-year marriage

Iris Jones made headlines around the world a few years ago when she appeared on British television to give an extraordinary interview about her love life with her 37-year-old husband.

Believe it or not, the unlikely pair had met on Facebook. They hit it off over the Internet, tied the knot in Ibriham's native country, and are still together today!

Or, were together—because when the 83-year-old recently had the rafters buzzing yet again when she made a shocking announcement about her relationship with the British tabloid magazine, Closer.

Sadly, the couple, who have a 46-year age gap between them, have split after more than two years of marriage.

Screen Shot 2023-07-20 at 1.46.55 PM.png
Iris Jones and Mohamed Ahmed Ibriham met on Facebook in 2019. Credit: Facebook/@irisjones.

'It became hard work. We used to have a great sex life, but then, rather than making love, we ended up arguing all the time about anything and everything,' she revealed.

She then went on to admit, 'I can't be doing that. I'm not a lovesick teenager. I'm 83.'

'I never expected to fall in love with someone 46 years younger than me, but I did. I adored everything about Mohamed,' she confessed.

In 2020, the grandmother became an instant online sensation, grabbing headlines worldwide after her appearance on ITV's This Morning with the hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield.

During the segment called My Egyptian Toy Boy Isn't After My Money, she left everyone laughing (and blushing!) as she fearlessly shared some rather raunchy details about her 'passionate nights' with Ibriham.

'The first night…pretty rough, it was rough,' she recalled. 'Nobody had been near me for 35 years, I thought I was a virgin again. The thing is, I couldn't walk the next day.'

But as they say, when one door closes, another one opens! Just days after Mohamed moved out, Iris welcomed a new companion into her life: Mr Tibbs, the cat.

The pensioner says Mr Tibbs is a 'perfect fit' for her life.

'He never complains, is very quiet and beautiful to look at—I adore him,' she said.

'He's very happy here and doesn't create a mess.'

Key Takeaways

• 83-year-old British woman Iris Jones and her 37-year-old husband, Mohamed Ahmed Ibriham, have split after more than two years of marriage.
  • The couple had made headlines with their 46-year age gap and candid interview about their sex life.
  • Jones revealed that constant arguing contributed to their relationship's demise, adding that she's not a lovesick teenager.
  • Jones has now acquired a new companion, a cat named Mr Tibbs, describing him as 'perfect'.

Needless to say, the internet was quite shocked about the end of such a unique relationship, but we wish both Iris and Mohamed the best as they move on with their lives.

Thankfully for Iris, her silver years will remain as thrilling as ever, thanks to her new partner in crime, Mr Tibbs!

But with that said, we have to ask: members, what do you all think about relationships with significant age gaps? Can they go the distance, or is it just a short-lived rollercoaster? Drop your thoughts in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
I met a fit and healthy-looking guy totally enamored with himself a few days back, while in the local butcher, getting bones for a mate's dog as he was away.

I'm 74 this year he was heard saying, my partner is 38 and is totally beautiful in every way, she owns a health retreat and absolutely rakes it in. I said to her when she told me. "well, it looks like you're paying all the bills baby, and she does."

He Nodded at me and left.

I didn't like his attitude at all, but from what I heard they had hooked up BEFORE he knew that about her.

So, there's hope, for me yet I figure, as he's most certainly not the first with more than a 30-year gap between them in a relationship.

I've read about those type of relationships before. She's correct he's not after her money. The overseas partner always ends up causing arguments. This is because they are allowed to stay in the country after a certain timeframe. Usually it's in the USA. This is my cynical view on it.

Iris Jones made headlines around the world a few years ago when she appeared on British television to give an extraordinary interview about her love life with her 37-year-old husband.

Believe it or not, the unlikely pair had met on Facebook. They hit it off over the Internet, tied the knot in Ibriham's native country, and are still together today!

Or, were together—because when the 83-year-old recently had the rafters buzzing yet again when she made a shocking announcement about her relationship with the British tabloid magazine, Closer.

Sadly, the couple, who have a 46-year age gap between them, have split after more than two years of marriage.

View attachment 25572
Iris Jones and Mohamed Ahmed Ibriham met on Facebook in 2019. Credit: Facebook/@irisjones.

'It became hard work. We used to have a great sex life, but then, rather than making love, we ended up arguing all the time about anything and everything,' she revealed.

She then went on to admit, 'I can't be doing that. I'm not a lovesick teenager. I'm 83.'

'I never expected to fall in love with someone 46 years younger than me, but I did. I adored everything about Mohamed,' she confessed.

In 2020, the grandmother became an instant online sensation, grabbing headlines worldwide after her appearance on ITV's This Morning with the hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield.

During the segment called My Egyptian Toy Boy Isn't After My Money, she left everyone laughing (and blushing!) as she fearlessly shared some rather raunchy details about her 'passionate nights' with Ibriham.

'The first night…pretty rough, it was rough,' she recalled. 'Nobody had been near me for 35 years, I thought I was a virgin again. The thing is, I couldn't walk the next day.'

But as they say, when one door closes, another one opens! Just days after Mohamed moved out, Iris welcomed a new companion into her life: Mr Tibbs, the cat.

'He never complains, is very quiet and beautiful to look at—I adore him,' she said.

Key Takeaways

• 83-year-old British woman Iris Jones and her 37-year-old husband, Mohamed Ahmed Ibriham, have split after more than two years of marriage.
  • The couple had made headlines with their 46-year age gap and candid interview about their sex life.
  • Jones revealed that constant arguing contributed to their relationship's demise, adding that she's not a lovesick teenager.
  • Jones has now acquired a new companion, a cat named Mr Tibbs, describing him as 'perfect'.

Needless to say, the internet was quite shocked about the end of such a unique relationship, but we wish both Iris and Mohamed the best as they move on with their lives.

Thankfully for Iris, her silver years will remain as thrilling as ever, thanks to her new partner in crime, Mr Tibbs!

But with that said, we have to ask: members, what do you all think about relationships with significant age gaps? Can they go the distance, or is it just a short-lived rollercoaster? Drop your thoughts in the comments below!
My Sister’s Husband was 30 Years Older. They had a Great Relationship for Twenty Years.He Died just Recently. Great Man. I have seen Good Relationship and Bad. So Whatever Age between Each Other does Not Matter. Love Concers All.

Love is a unique creature. What works for one couple will drive other's bonkers. Just be happy peeps. I have my black Manx kitty who gives me all I need, shares my bed and when I'm not travelling so good she snuggles right in. Yes I do miss the company of my partner, that reassuring hug, someone who understands and knows how I think but after he passed with my own set of health obstacles I decided who'd want someone who's warranty was well and truly up! I have my beautiful family, I have the odd weep when I feel lonely but I just keep smiling and enjoying life. 😉

I suppose I am lucky in that I never feel lonely. I really like my own company so I never feel lonely the one advantage of being an only child is you learn to be very independent at a young age.
Same here! I was an only child. We spent much of my childhood travelling and I became very self-sufficient. I was widowed quite young. Liking my own company has helped as I spend much of my time alone.

View attachment 25572

Key Takeaways

Crazy! I wouldn’t want to partner with someone many years younger than me. I want to have memories in common with my beloved. Sex isn’t the only thing in life; in the long run, a Common Cultural Background is much more long-lasting.

Reactions: Gsr
We see it all the time here in Australia too, lots of it in the area I live. Older man with young Asian wife mostly, they marry and stay together for two years, she then leaves him, and gets permanent residency plus probably a big payout for having him fawning all over her for two years. If the women have kids in their home country they bring them out here while married so they get permanent residency too. Some of these men treat the women badly, speak harshly to them, always walk in front of them, disrespect them. It is sad to see, they must have a bad life in their home country to put up with the treatment some of these men dish out for a month, let alone two years. Then there are the genuine couples where the men treat the women well and they have kids and stay together.

Reactions: Penny4