Penne Pasta Bake with Roast Chicken, Mushrooms and Spinach

This recipe is a great way to use up leftover roast chicken.

• Easy
  • 0:10 Prep
  • 0:25 Cook
  • 6 Servings

Penne Pasta Bake with Roast Chicken, Mushrooms and Spinach

Recipe by Australia's Best

Ingredients​

• 500 g penne pasta
  • 575 g Barilla Cheese & Tomato Pasta Bake
  • 1/2 roast whole chicken cubed deboned
  • 2 cloves garlic chopped
  • 250 g mushrooms cut into slices
  • 1 sprig fresh rosemary or two teaspoons dried
  • 200 g baby spinach
  • 100 g parmesan cheese
  • 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 pinch salt and pepper
  • 1 pinch rock salt

Method​

1. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil.
  2. In a large fry pan, gently cook garlic and mushrooms in a little oil for 5 minutes

3. Add the chicken, then spinach, and season to taste. Remove from the heat and keep to one side.
  4. Drop the penne in to the boiling water and drain the pasta 3 minutes before the cooking time stated on the pack.
  5. Combine cooked pasta with Barilla Cheese and Tomato Pasta Bake sauce, chicken, spinach and mushrooms.
  6. Place in a large ovenproof dish, sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 15 - 20 minutes
  7. Serve immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
I actually made this tonight, I blinked and it was gone.
I had a salad sandwich as I hate mushrooms 🍄, yes it can be left out but my family love it with the added mushrooms

Reactions: DLHM
Always wondered why pasta bake when I make similar in a stove top pan. Is it a lot different?