Park and snark: Aussie driver receives unexpectedly hostile note on windscreen

Navigating the often cramped and chaotic world of car park etiquette can be a challenge for even the most seasoned drivers among us.

But what happens when parking disputes escalate beyond the silent judgments and into the realm of written confrontation?

One Aussie driver found out the hard way that not all feedback comes with a smile.

Picture this: you've just finished shopping or perhaps enjoyed a leisurely lunch, and you return to your car only to find a nasty note plastered on your windscreen.

This was the reality for one Mitsubishi Pajero owner, who was left stunned by the aggressive message left for him in a car park in Australia.

The note, which was far from a friendly reminder, read: ‘You're a f******, park closer next time w*****!!’

photo (7).jpg
An Aussie driver discovered a hostile note on their windshield after parking in a car park. Credits: Facebook / Zac Wentworth-Sheilds

The driver, understandably confused and taken aback by the hostility of the message, took to social media to share his experience.

Alongside a photo of his parking job, he pointed out, ‘I'm the car on the right, the white Mitsubishi. This was left for me.’

The image showed his vehicle parked next to a Hyundai, which had strayed across the line and into his parking space.

This sparked a debate among social media users, with responses ranging from humorous to downright vindictive.

Some users joked about the situation, with one quipping, 'How dare you be within the lines!'

‘Did you know that it's not illegal to allow the air in his tyres freedom, as long as you don't damage the tyre,’ another joked.

Another suggested a more retaliatory measure, asking, ‘You had keys, right?’

However, not everyone was convinced that the Hyundai driver was the note-leaver, with some speculating that it could have been the driver of another car parked on the opposite side of the Mitsubishi.

‘What about the car on the other side?’ one commenter asked.

‘Can we see the photo from the other side where the black car is? You look really close to that car and likely who left the note,’ another said.

One reply suggested the the driver took the note the wrong way, saying, ‘That note was a challenge, so park closer.’

Within the array of both favourable and critical remarks on the social media post, certain responses also offered a rational perspective.

‘It's tough, because what if the other person had to park like s*** because of someone next to them who left already?’ one said.

‘Don't always know who started it.’

‘This is unpopular in this day, but be the adult and ignore them. Or at the most, put the note on their car and leave. Don't sink to their level of s********,’ another advised.

This isn't the only instance of unexpected messages left on vehicles causing a stir.

In affluent communities, strict parking rules are enforced with a firm hand, often leading to startling encounters for unsuspecting motorists.
Key Takeaways
  • An Australian driver found an aggressive and insulting note on his windscreen after parking in a car park.
  • The note left on his Mitsubishi Pajero accused him of poor parking, even though he was parked within the lines.
  • The situation sparked a range of responses on social media, with some people joking about the incident, others offering retribution advice, and a few urging calm and reason.
  • Commenters suggested that the note might have been left by the driver of the car on the other side of the Mitsubishi, not the Hyundai parked incorrectly next to it.
Have you ever received a note on your windscreen? How did you handle it? Or have you ever left a note yourself? Share your stories in the comments below.

Sponsored
I‘ve only left a note once. I was parked perfectly and when I got back to my car there was a large people carrier parked so close I couldn’t even get between them and my car let alone open the door. I waited a while and no one came so I put a note on their vehicle to tell them how annoyed I was. I wasn’t rude but having to get in the passenger side and standing on my seats plus being short it was hell to try and slide in under the steering wheel as my seat was so far forward. I’m sure the other driver may not have realised how hard it was for me but maybe next time he might think before he does it to someone else

Reactions: IAN3005
Well, do have something like this episode, but with a slight twist, came back to my car after doing my grocery list, and saw a note under the right wiper, put my items in the rear of the car , and took the note and proceeded to read it, opposite me was a women sitting in the drivers seat of her car, who spoke up asking was that a ticket? after reading , answered her stating , no was someone asking as to if I wish to sell my car, along with a name and phone number. believe this a better story than one on SDC