Parents MORTIFIED by graphic sex descriptions contained in a CHILDREN’S BOOK – “This is beyond messed up.”

One of the most uncomfortable discussions that a parent must eventually have with their children is ‘the bird and the bees’ talk – but an essential part of educating kids about sex is knowing when the perfect time is to do it.

Several parents were enraged by a children’s picture book that features graphic descriptions of the adult act.

The book titled “My Body Is Growing” written by Dagmar Geisler was meant for kids as young as four – but included shocking, detailed information about sex that left thousands of parents infuriated.

The young readers who are bound to pick up the book will be introduced to various forms of contraception, including birth control pills and the coil. The book also contained vivid illustrations of what happens when people have sex.

bVvAUeY3-lI3KhB6BxEI_JAopqLna6D58ezl9CAqWXXmSYKrVVP3zNcxUYp2-vZsVepJNtFg4E35qaRMCKEGml22Oza6MYfFwJqMN5Ag1vVI78lYOQhy_FFhMYw1FeDQocmQrNtFnPJc6en0zg

Image Credit: news.com.au

The writer faced massive backlash on social media after parts of the book were shared by concerned parents online. The book, which was also previously sold in Australia, has since been removed from Amazon both locally and abroad, with a prompt that reads: “Sorry, we couldn’t find that page.”

“We have content guidelines governing which books can be listed for sale. We invest significant time and resources to ensure our guidelines are followed and remove those books that do not adhere to these guidelines.” one spokesperson for Amazon explained.

One excerpt taken from the controversial book read: “They snuggle together for a long time. They kiss each other all over their bodies. Behind the ears, on the neck, on the chest, and stomach – even on the bum and between the legs”. This was written alongside an animated couple in bed together.

The author continued to talk about sex, adding: “That feels great for both of them.”

One disappointed parent hailed the book ‘disgusting’.

“This book is made for four to eight-year-old kids,” they captioned their post on Twitter. “They are grooming our children and no one is talking about it or even trying to do anything about it.”

“I bet they show this stuff in school. This is how they destroy a whole society.”

Post Credit: @SuzCrimi

“I think I'm gonna be sick. Every time I turn around it seems there is one more reason to homeschool my son.” another mum commented.

A third added: “This is beyond messed up on so many levels! What the actual f***?”

But other users argued that learning about sex at a young age may be beneficial.

“This is why you all end up with teenagers who have babies… Talk to them about sex, don’t wait until they’re 16. I took sex education in 5th grade and it’s okay. I promise learning about their bodies and stuff is a good thing.” one person said.

“My dad gave me ‘the talk’ when I was around 6 or 8 years old. I was one of the last girls I know to lose my virginity. Early sex education tends to prevent teenage pregnancy. But it's all in the way it's presented to the child.” chimed another.

“I’m not for or against this… It’s just life.” commented one more.

A description of the children’s book from Booktopia, where the book is still up for sale, reads: “In My Body Is Growing, Dagmar Geisler works to show preschool and early elementary readers that we’re really not all that different, regardless of whether we’re boys or girls.”

“Though we may all seem similar on the outside, we are each our own person on the inside. At this age, our bodies and our minds are changing – we’re growing up!”

Do you think this book is inappropriate or do you agree that children should know about sex at a young age? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

Sponsored
Parents MORTIFIED by graphic sex descriptions contained in a CHILDREN’S BOOK – “This is beyond messed up.”

One of the most uncomfortable discussions that a parent must eventually have with their children is ‘the bird and the bees’ talk – but an essential part of educating kids about sex is knowing when the perfect time is to do it.

Several parents were enraged by a children’s picture book that features graphic descriptions of the adult act.

The book titled “My Body Is Growing” written by Dagmar Geisler was meant for kids as young as four – but included shocking, detailed information about sex that left thousands of parents infuriated.

The young readers who are bound to pick up the book will be introduced to various forms of contraception, including birth control pills and the coil. The book also contained vivid illustrations of what happens when people have sex.

bVvAUeY3-lI3KhB6BxEI_JAopqLna6D58ezl9CAqWXXmSYKrVVP3zNcxUYp2-vZsVepJNtFg4E35qaRMCKEGml22Oza6MYfFwJqMN5Ag1vVI78lYOQhy_FFhMYw1FeDQocmQrNtFnPJc6en0zg

The writer faced massive backlash on social media after parts of the book were shared by concerned parents online. The book, which was also previously sold in Australia, has since been removed from Amazon both locally and abroad, with a prompt that reads: “Sorry, we couldn’t find that page.”

“We have content guidelines governing which books can be listed for sale. We invest significant time and resources to ensure our guidelines are followed and remove those books that do not adhere to these guidelines.” one spokesperson for Amazon explained.

One excerpt taken from the controversial book read: “They snuggle together for a long time. They kiss each other all over their bodies. Behind the ears, on the neck, on the chest, and stomach – even on the bum and between the legs”. This was written alongside an animated couple in bed together.

The author continued to talk about sex, adding: “That feels great for both of them.”

“This book is made for four to eight-year-old kids,” they captioned their post on Twitter. “They are grooming our children and no one is talking about it or even trying to do anything about it.”

“I bet they show this stuff in school. This is how they destroy a whole society.”

“I think I'm gonna be sick. Every time I turn around it seems there is one more reason to homeschool my son.” another mum commented.

A third added: “This is beyond messed up on so many levels! What the actual f***?”

But other users argued that learning about sex at a young age may be beneficial.

“This is why you all end up with teenagers who have babies… Talk to them about sex, don’t wait until they’re 16. I took sex education in 5th grade and it’s okay. I promise learning about their bodies and stuff is a good thing.” one person said.

“My dad gave me ‘the talk’ when I was around 6 or 8 years old. I was one of the last girls I know to lose my virginity. Early sex education tends to prevent teenage pregnancy. But it's all in the way it's presented to the child.” chimed another.

A description of the children’s book from Booktopia, where the book is still up for sale, reads: “In My Body Is Growing, Dagmar Geisler works to show preschool and early elementary readers that we’re really not all that different, regardless of whether we’re boys or girls.”

“Though we may all seem similar on the outside, we are each our own person on the inside. At this age, our bodies and our minds are changing – we’re growing up!”

Do you think this book is inappropriate or do you agree that children should know about sex at a young age? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

I think it is inappropriate, firstly they say 4to8yrs, a child doesn't need to know about these things at this age.

No book of a sensitive nature should be read indiscriminately to a group of children or even a single child unless it has been carefully considered and is answering a question or a need for understanding that the reader does not feel able to verbalise themselves. And only by a parent or an agent of the parent.

No definitely not. That is a parents conversation to have with their children, not to read in some book, stop pushing our children to grow up let them be happy to come to the parents when they are ready,

We decided very early on to explain things to our kids as soon as they showed an interest and to not fob them off. Our son was 4 when the questions first started so in very simplistic terms but using the correct words we explained things to him, he was very quiet and went off thoughtfully to his room. There were no questions which we were very surprised at. A few days later after we had forgotten all about it he came to us and asked "where is your China?" (vagina):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We didn't have that conversation again until he was 11 and the subject was broached in school. His immediate response was "yuck, you put what, where?" to which his younger, ever practical sister piped up and said "well, if you want children you've just got to do it!!":LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
So sad that children innocence is taken at such an early age.
I taught my children all about that, but gradually and in away appropriate for their age. Sexual education should be given by parents not by strangers, who don’t have the best interests of the child.
Who knows what kind of principles and morals that person may have?!?!

My grandson is six, but a very young six. He is still loving his Bluey cartoons and Minion movies. I would hope that the school he attends will not have this book on their list. They grow up too fast now as it is. Let them be children for a bit longer.

I reckon books like are this written by Peodophiles, personally speaking, and I'm not by any means a prude

So sad that children innocence is taken at such an early age.
I taught my children all about that, but gradually and in away appropriate for their age. Sexual education should be given by parents not by strangers, who don’t have the best interests of the child.
Who knows what kind of principles and morals that person may have?!?!
Agree...teachers should be teaching reading writing and arithmetic and a bit of sport along the way

As a victim of childhood sexual abuse, I beg to differ with those who see this as wrong. I knew that I didn't like what was done to me, but had been given no information to explain why this was not a normal activity between adults and children. I could have been spared much pain and heartache had I known. Knowledge is powerful.

I have a book similar to this called 'Mummy Laid An Egg' which I used to help explain to my children and granddchildren (with their parents permission) about growing bodies, sex and conception. Found it was so much easier to talk to them when they were younger than when they got to their teens as by that time they are starting to close off and only listen to what their friends say. Friends had this problem with their children. Because my grand/children were previously informed I found that they didn't/don't have a problem asking me questions and listening to explanations.

Let kids be kids as long as possible. Childhood and innocent freedom doesn't last very long, Just be open and answer their questions when they are ready to want to know what things mean.

Yikes this just goes too far. Not for young kids this book, maybe more for the Teens?

We decided very early on to explain things to our kids as soon as they showed an interest and to not fob them off. Our son was 4 when the questions first started so in very simplistic terms but using the correct words we explained things to him, he was very quiet and went off thoughtfully to his room. There were no questions which we were very surprised at. A few days later after we had forgotten all about it he came to us and asked "where is your China?":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We didn't have that conversation again until he was 11 and the subject was broached in school. His immediate response was "yuck, you put what, where?" to which his younger, ever practical sister piped up and said "well, if you want children you've just got to do it!!":LOL::LOL:
This is actually kinda cute! Hahaha!

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
Oh dear! You lovely people reading my TRUE story will have all sorts of thoughts of what I went through. I was a depression baby, brought up in the early Victorian era. Our parents taught us nothing but love, family life, rules & what you would get if you did not obey. (A strap hung on a hook by the fire place). I was playing basketball when I retrieved it over the fence adjacent to the school where the caretaker lived. I did not think I had injured myself until I got home & my pants were bloodied. Scared me so much I mentioned it to my sister 8 years older than I was. Her answer? "Oh that's lovely. Mum has been waiting for this. You will be able to have children now." What the.......I approached Mum but she just could not tell me anything .
Poor Darling was delighted but embarrassed. My sister told me I would have this bleeding every month. ] 'NO, not on your Nellie.'' 'On the way home from school next day I called in to see our family Doctor who was a personal FRIEND trying to cure my shocking stutter. I look back with the Doctor telling me 'how long I'd be having bleeds' & me stuttering that I WON'T." He NEVER made me feel insecure. He was like a father image to everybody. Well, I am in 'today' now after many other incidences covering a lifetime, I am nearly 97 & go by what I have learnt from experience. Everything on earth has a time & a place .for everything. If a child asks a question, calmly answer it honestly & within reason. Only a Mother knows her child best as to where he or she IS. Do NOT use nick-names for any part of the body (these days) because it is so confusing. I feel no matter what age, handle it honestly. Things are more open now Keep fantasy though for as long as you can but 4 yrs of age is a bit out of whack. 6 is early enough.
I took a little girl on the tram to the city one day. She kept saying to me "I want to be a good girl." "But you ARE a good girl" I replied. This went on & on. ON ARRIVING HOME she flew like a 'bat out of hell' to the toilet. That poor little soul had been taught by her Mum NEVER to say 'toilet' in public. I was 18 @ the time. I was boiling mad but did not show it of course. Everyone is brought up differently are they not? But I too of course thought @ the time how I would make out as a Mum when it was MY turn. True , I could have you all in stitches because I was SO naive. You would not believe the things that happened to me but I can assure you IF I had the time to write a book about naivety & honesty it would be a best seller.
I knew absolutely NOTHING about intercourse in "making babies." Even the Doctor didn't go any further on such a subject. Innocence personified. I plucked up the courage to ask a girl I worked with & she did not lose a minute in telling me 'what was her favourite subject.' She was older than I was too. Next day I wrote to my fiancee in the Army who was in Darwin & broke our engagement!!!!! Yes I did! Alls well today folks . Of course I married him. A marriage lasting 2 months off 71 years, THE most beautiful, patient ,wise & gentle MAN that I went right through two schools (and had 2 lovely children with)..Did I bore you all? Please say the majority likes the truth & opening facts DOES help us as parents. xx

I think alot of people are over reacting, to this book. Don't hide things from inquiring minds, young ones to often kept in the dark, are they going to learn off toilet walls, or steal adult only books, listen to big brother who also was kept in the dark. Example when I was ten had a crush on a girl in my class at school she liked me we messed around not badly ,she told me we could not kiss because that's how girls get pregnant. My Father left a book on my bed it was printed in 1952 called young men and their bodies., that was his attempt at the birds and the bees lecture, thank goodness I had an Aunt who was very forward thinking that explained most things.To many Parents don't bother.🤔🇦🇺👍

Reactions: Ricci

DEFINITELY INAPPROPRIATE. Let kids stay as innocent kids for as long as possible esp since the world is full of BS and immoral teachings and getting worst. And YES home schooling is the best remedy esp with Christian values that are the only solution as it was in the old days.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci

How could Booktopia in all conscience even think of publishing this book. Needless to say the $ signs spoke louder than the backlash which would come from this. We keep getting told that children are maturing earlier these days but not to have this revealed at such a young age. To be told the difference between the two is a sensible start but to take them into the bedroom is going beyong reasonable. I consider this publication offensive!

Reactions: Ricci