Own piece of royalty: King launches limited edition item as tribute to Queen Elizabeth's style

A new fashion item that celebrates her legacy and carries a sustainability message has emerged in a touching tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth II's iconic style.

The King has unveiled a series of limited edition silk headscarves, a nod to his mother's vibrant and colourful fashion sense, particularly her fondness for silk scarves.

The late Queen was often seen with a silk scarf gracefully tied around her head, especially at outdoor events or while enjoying her private time at the Windsor and Sandringham estates.

These scarves became a symbol of her style, blending elegance with practicality.

1725516911918.png
King's limited edition silk scarves inspired by Queen Elizabeth II's iconic style. Credit: Shutterstock

The King partnered with the eco-friendly design team Vin + Omi to create a limited run of 100 headscarves, each bursting with bright colours and available exclusively at the Sandringham estate shop for £85.

The design process was meticulous. Three variations were presented before the King selected the final design to honour his mother's memory.

But these scarves are not just about style; they carry an environmental conscience.

In an innovative carbon offset program, every milk carton from the Sandringham canteen was collected and repurposed into furniture.

Furthermore, for each carton gathered, the designers transformed a plastic bottle from their clean-up initiatives into microfiber-bonded textiles, showcasing a commitment to reducing waste and promoting sustainability.

The scarves are adorned with bold floral patterns reminiscent of those the Queen favoured.

Her collection was diverse, ranging from the luxurious Hermès scarves, which could fetch around £300, to graphic 1960s prints, paisley, traditional florals, and even a whimsical dog-patterned scarf that paid homage to her beloved corgis.

This initiative coincided with Vin + Omi's exhibition titled 'Royal Garden Waste to Fashion’s Future,' which is open at Sandringham until 11 October.

The exhibition featured garments crafted from plant waste sourced from the royal gardens.

The relationship between the King and the design duo began in May 2018 when they introduced him to their innovative approach to textile production, which included weaving fibres from nettle stems into the fabric.

The King, an advocate for environmental causes, offered nettles from his Highgrove garden to support their endeavours.

The collaboration has since flourished, with the designers utilising various plants and materials from the royal estates to create sustainable fashion pieces.

They've transformed Sandringham's invasive giant butterbur plant into a statement dress and crafted a sustainable 'little black dress' using discarded horsehair and nettles from Highgrove.

In 2022, to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, the Royal Collection released a £195 purple and gold headscarf enthusiastically received by royal fashion aficionados.
Key Takeaways
  • King is selling limited edition silk headscarves inspired by the late Queen Elizabeth II's distinctive style.
  • The scarf collection is produced by the eco-friendly design duo Vin + Omi, with three variations available for purchase at the Sandringham estate shop.
  • Environmental sustainability efforts include a carbon offset programme using recycled materials such as milk cartons and plastic bottles.
  • The royal collaboration showcases garments made using plant waste from the Sandringham and Highgrove gardens, emphasising a commitment to eco-conscious fashion.
Have you ever owned a piece of clothing with a royal connection? Would you consider purchasing one of these limited-edition headscarves? Share your experiences in the comments below.

Sponsored
Its a No for me also I don't wear head scarfs (only long ones around y neck & if need be I can wrap around my head if very cold & windy) I do applaud the King for garments crafted from plant waste sourced from the royal gardens.
I was disappointed there wasn't a picture of the scarf

Its a No for me also I don't wear head scarfs (only long ones around y neck & if need be I can wrap around my head if very cold & windy) I do applaud the King for garments crafted from plant waste sourced from the royal gardens.
I was disappointed there wasn't a picture of the scarf
A nice little scarf round the neck can enhance the look of a garment. The newsreader on channel 7 was wearing a black dress and l thought at the time how a little scarf could have made so much difference

These beautiful scarves just aren't to hold your hair in place they are a beautiful fashion accessory. Mix and match with your outfit of choice , just go wild with your imagination. If wearing a blouse tie a cute pussy bow around your neck. In fact look for examples from women in the Middle East. They decorate their outfits. I have a friend from Jordan who is always giving our group tips without knowing it. It's the scarf fabric as well. My preference is Modal. Have a go ladies, who knows what you might 😉 learn. Have a wonderful week 😊 do something that makes you smile and feel happy 😊 😃 as we have no idea what tomorrow may brin 💕

Charles has been maligned for decades, yet he has a strong affiliation with the works of sustainability. If he had been King years ago, just think what we could all be doing with endless waste.
Yet, I don’t wear scarves.

I hate having to wear a hat but do when needed. I do have a large collection of scarves though. I think it depends on the climate where you live. Good on Charles for releasing something that was dear to his mother though I can’t see me buying one, besides my scarf drawer is full. But then it is silk, might have to start collecting cans 🤣 but then Tassie doesn’t have the returned counter scheme. 🙁

Who wears hats? The most ridiculous "creations" are those fascinators worn at the Melbourne Cup and such. Woollen beanies in the middle of summer so you can look like a wannabee gangsta? Baseball caps worn backwards to completely negate the purpose of keeping the sun off one's face?

Burn the whole lot!

Headgear serves no purpose unless they are part of personal protective equipment (PPE) or a motorcycle helmet.

Oh dear Veggiepatch! Some people have to wear hats for sun protection, especially those who have constant skin cancer problems. My husband has had several skin grafts on his face & needs to protect newly positioned skin. He wears a hat all year. If hat wearing had been enforced when he was tiny he wouldn’t be having the problems that he now faces. As for me, I wear hats to protect my skin from coming out in red blotches. Ted was chastised by a woman in Perth one day while wearing his “Old Guys Rule” cap. She was speechless on hearing that I bought it for him. I actually purchased two so when one wears out he has another. People are sadly lacking a sense of humour.

Oh dear Veggiepatch! Some people have to wear hats for sun protection, especially those who have constant skin cancer problems. My husband has had several skin grafts on his face & needs to protect newly positioned skin. He wears a hat all year. If hat wearing had been enforced when he was tiny he wouldn’t be having the problems that he now faces. As for me, I wear hats to protect my skin from coming out in red blotches. Ted was chastised by a woman in Perth one day while wearing his “Old Guys Rule” cap. She was speechless on hearing that I bought it for him. I actually purchased two so when one wears out he has another. People are sadly lacking a sense of humour.
Totally agree with the purpose of sun protection. However, people who wear hats for the "look at me" factor piss me off. Just don't me started on any article of clothing advertising an American state, city or sporting team. "I ❤️ NY" t shirts and caps are the epitome of cringe!

I don't wear hats for fashion. I have a dozen or so caps (mostly from my football club) which are worn on my daily walk. My favourite, bought in the NT, says Adventure before dementia. People I meet agree.