Old bottles sitting in your storage room? Turn them into STYLISH pantry storage using this mum’s SIMPLE hack

Do you have old, empty bottles sitting in your storage room?

Sometimes you buy a bottle of something, whether it’s a nice bottle of wine or a fancy sauce, and once clean and empty, the bottle looks like quite the decorative piece! Or is that just us?

A 41-year-old mum from Melbourne had recently gone viral after she shared how she transformed a bunch of old pasta bottles laying around her house into stylish DIY pantry storage using products from Bunnings.

Ange, who took to TikTok to share her DIY hack, said that she was inspired by other DIY projects she saw online and used them as motivation to start her own.

So, how did Ange give the old pasta bottles a ritzy new look?

Credit: TikTok/@jafdesigns

The mum revealed that she only used black and rose gold paints from Bunnings and a rectangular sticker, saying that the process is really simple and easy.

Ange also jokingly said that the most time-consuming and hardest part of the process was removing the stickers off the jars.

The clip begins with the mum explaining to "make sure the [rectangular] sticker is straight" as she places them on the bottle.

QZfp7IQga8QB1EKffTAXqgmqUJTLcmiYGY84k2IgkyAO6vXieb6S-FdvfAm8z-b7Qp1ycXJDzcaZIdR5y2AxLoF9uGZlrWWq2xZs4FM1m-dIBpn_m273_PNYizXMlUaiE1k520s
_Pttkk26aPAzWWbcxr0WQMoVIiuctOAZD0Rz6Yk9hrPUS2_nmX33Ge63uVsyaDs45sWjZp_eHoftbVPpehA6vUiEqP4ByxHEGvY5IyZ3D8gm5udEy2dCwgw3uTLLUnlW5XLUV80

Ange said that she only uses paints from Bunnings and a rectangular sticker to give the old bottles a new look. Credit: TikTok/@jafdesigns.

Next, she sprays the bottles with black paint while the lids were spray-painted with rose gold.

After the black paint set, Ange peels the rectangular sticker, revealing a see-through space on the bottle.

Lastly, the mum fills each jar with different kinds of nuts, noting that the see-through space allows you to see what's inside each bottle.

AdLIWZ8BmEczBdKcLjUgMTfc2Scb-O4R80j_AxYdOowxnumfZyZiGVvAg0u6J5AM4yhOeofFDTEfCoHc9NK9MIf2nVo7pERk8o9IMaMQoUS83K1IW3wokk832X-lWP_Unuv3rR0

The bottles turned into ritzy-looking pantry storage. Credit: TikTok/@jafdesigns.

The video amassed more than 6 million views and became a hit among users, with many calling it a "next level" hack.

One person wrote: “I LOVE this.”

“They look fabulous!! I did this with mason jars for pasta, I get compliments all the time,” wrote another.

A third chimed in: “Now this looks like something I could actually do.”

“Wow that’s awesome," a fourth quipped.

One user asked Ange how she manages to keep the paint from getting scratched off.

Ange responded: "I am not using them for any vigorous activities and mine certainly have scratched off. I use them to store dry ingredients including sesame seeds and almonds."

The mum also suggested keeping the jars on the kitchen shelf to prevent them from getting damaged.

Ange said that the love and the massive response she received from the hack overwhelmed her as she did not expect that it would go viral.

“It’s simple, the end product looks amazing and I put really straightforward instructions," she says.

Do you know of any other hacks to reuse old bottles? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too! If you have photos, don't hesitate to add them on!

Sponsored
Old bottles sitting in your storage room? Turn them into STYLISH pantry storage using this mum’s SIMPLE hack

Do you have old, empty bottles sitting in your storage room?

Sometimes you buy a bottle of something, whether it’s a nice bottle of wine or a fancy sauce, and once clean and empty, the bottle looks like quite the decorative piece! Or is that just us?

A 41-year-old mum from Melbourne had recently gone viral after she shared how she transformed a bunch of old pasta bottles laying around her house into stylish DIY pantry storage using products from Bunnings.

Ange, who took to TikTok to share her DIY hack, said that she was inspired by other DIY projects she saw online and used them as motivation to start her own.

So, how did Ange give the old pasta bottles a ritzy new look?

Credit: TikTok/@jafdesigns

The mum revealed that she only used black and rose gold paints from Bunnings and a rectangular sticker, saying that the process is really simple and easy.

Ange also jokingly said that the most time-consuming and hardest part of the process was removing the stickers off the jars.

The clip begins with the mum explaining to "make sure the [rectangular] sticker is straight" as she places them on the bottle.

QZfp7IQga8QB1EKffTAXqgmqUJTLcmiYGY84k2IgkyAO6vXieb6S-FdvfAm8z-b7Qp1ycXJDzcaZIdR5y2AxLoF9uGZlrWWq2xZs4FM1m-dIBpn_m273_PNYizXMlUaiE1k520s
_Pttkk26aPAzWWbcxr0WQMoVIiuctOAZD0Rz6Yk9hrPUS2_nmX33Ge63uVsyaDs45sWjZp_eHoftbVPpehA6vUiEqP4ByxHEGvY5IyZ3D8gm5udEy2dCwgw3uTLLUnlW5XLUV80

Ange said that she only uses paints from Bunnings and a rectangular sticker to give the old bottles a new look. Credit: TikTok/@jafdesigns.

Next, she sprays the bottles with black paint while the lids were spray-painted with rose gold.

After the black paint set, Ange peels the rectangular sticker, revealing a see-through space on the bottle.

Lastly, the mum fills each jar with different kinds of nuts, noting that the see-through space allows you to see what's inside each bottle.

AdLIWZ8BmEczBdKcLjUgMTfc2Scb-O4R80j_AxYdOowxnumfZyZiGVvAg0u6J5AM4yhOeofFDTEfCoHc9NK9MIf2nVo7pERk8o9IMaMQoUS83K1IW3wokk832X-lWP_Unuv3rR0

The bottles turned into ritzy-looking pantry storage. Credit: TikTok/@jafdesigns.

The video amassed more than 6 million views and became a hit among users, with many calling it a "next level" hack.

One person wrote: “I LOVE this.”

“They look fabulous!! I did this with mason jars for pasta, I get compliments all the time,” wrote another.

A third chimed in: “Now this looks like something I could actually do.”

“Wow that’s awesome," a fourth quipped.

One user asked Ange how she manages to keep the paint from getting scratched off.

Ange responded: "I am not using them for any vigorous activities and mine certainly have scratched off. I use them to store dry ingredients including sesame seeds and almonds."

The mum also suggested keeping the jars on the kitchen shelf to prevent them from getting damaged.

Ange said that the love and the massive response she received from the hack overwhelmed her as she did not expect that it would go viral.

“It’s simple, the end product looks amazing and I put really straightforward instructions," she says.

Do you know of any other hacks to reuse old bottles? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too! If you have photos, don't hesitate to add them on!

Very cool. I use my bottles and jars and put sticky labels on them and then of course I have to scrub off the sticky labels to change the contents of the jars. Doing this would be perfect

Before Christmas I purchased online a package of a dozen strings of tiny LED lights. The strings are 30cm long and have about 15 lights on the string. On the top of each string I glued a plastic wine bottle cork. I then slipped the strings of lights into some old wine bottles. When lit up these bottles made lovely, unique and unusual lights around the barbecue area where we held our Christmas and New Year celebrations.

Finally a dIY decotative use for the multiple Moccona coffee jars that I have never been able to bring myself to throw away once empty. I have always reused the larger ones for dry goods and the small ones for spices etc But they just looked like old coffee jars, with this idea I can have expensive looking jars in the pantry and on the counter tops in the Kitchen. That's a big YAY from me!

Finally a dIY decotative use for the multiple Moccona coffee jars that I have never been able to bring myself to throw away once empty. I have always reused the larger ones for dry goods and the small ones for spices etc But they just looked like old coffee jars, with this idea I can have expensive looking jars in the pantry and on the counter tops in the Kitchen. That's a big YAY from me!
I used to use those jars but now have found they are getting hard to handle with arthritic hands. The jars have got heavier and rounder. ( or so it seems) I put them in the recycling and bought plastic square ones, boy!!, the cost of cannisters has gone up I last looked.

Reactions: VSG84 and Ricci
I used to use those jars but now have found they are getting hard to handle with arthritic hands. The jars have got heavier and rounder. ( or so it seems) I put them in the recycling and bought plastic square ones, boy!!, the cost of cannisters has gone up I last looked.
I hear you, The plastic cover on the underside of the lid is becoming harder and harder to remove as are the lids themselves, I have hardly any strength in my hands now although I am lucky enough to not suffer from the pain of arthritis, just the results of a couple of minor strokes.

Before Christmas I purchased online a package of a dozen strings of tiny LED lights. The strings are 30cm long and have about 15 lights on the string. On the top of each string I glued a plastic wine bottle cork. I then slipped the strings of lights into some old wine bottles. When lit up these bottles made lovely, unique and unusual lights around the barbecue area where we held our Christmas and New Year celebrations.
Now this is brilliant, a really innovative idea. Well done! :D

Wouldn't it be simpler to just write what's in the bottle on the straight label, maybe even adding the 'use by' or 'best before' date?
For a start, if you are going to peel off the label you can be pretty cavalier with your spray painting as the label works like masking tape. Also once you've written on the label it's used and you either commit to use that jar for those contents forever more, or you have to keep replacing the label. By peeling off the label it gives you a window into what's inside, no further labels needed ever.

What a great idea! We can only imagine how beautiful those lights must've looked. Thanks for sharing this hack. We'll definitely try this out next holiday season! 😄

Very cool. I use my bottles and jars and put sticky labels on them and then of course I have to scrub off the sticky labels to change the contents of the jars. Doing this would be perfect
It's easy to remove sticky labels if you have a heat gun or a hairdryer. The heat from either appliance will melt the glue of the label allowing it to be easily removed. Any heat source will do, I have even used a space heater at a pinch!

Reactions: barbaranne and Dot
Don't recycle get someone to take them to your local op shop they love them