SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021

Nutritionist lists the four major mistakes impacting your energy levels - and how to transform your health

• One of the most common errors people make when it comes to their energy intake has been highlighted by a nutritionist and chef.
  • As said by nutritionist Lee Holmes, you might be doing one of four things wrong.
  • Poor sleep, being anxious, and consuming a lot of coffee are all contributing factors.
  • As Lee advises, establish a consistent bedtime and wake-up schedule and go for a walk outdoors.
Four main errors, including inadequate sleep, increased stress, and an unbalanced stomach, have been identified by a nutritionist and chef as contributing to low energy levels. By correcting these mistakes, you may start feeling better right away, according to an article written by Sophie Haslett of the Daily Mail Australia.

Nutritionist, Lee Holmes, says that if you're always tired and irritable, you may be drained of energy. Even though for many of us, being tired or fatigued is just a reality of life, there are a lot of possible lifestyle changes that may make a difference.

rVbHwpVHTUkLWf2H4ONx7d0OKWHWMJCNtbGlEIclrR3jtjNm9kd_mXXdAPJzQdhqAZiONLF15uey28DTLcd1qQMwPVcTzOjxN1yQ8qIbducD0_kMKVAvjMnapzjMjLpDrBVFgnbU=s0

Photo Source: Mind Body Green

1. Bad sleep

The first factor that may be contributing to your low energy levels is a lack of sleep. According to Lee's website, "poor quality sleep coupled with a short amount of time spent sleeping is one of the most significant contributors to low energy levels."

Insufficient sleep (particularly for an extended period of time) will disrupt your circadian rhythm or sleep/wake cycle, which controls sensations of tiredness and alertness, resulting in low energy levels.

It would be best if you tried to get between seven and eight hours of sleep each night, and this sleep should be regular and uninterrupted throughout the night.

Achieving this is easier said than done, but the most important things to do are to establish a regular bedtime and waking time, develop a nightly ritual to prepare your body and assist you in falling asleep, and sleep in an entirely dark environment (with blackout curtains, if possible).

As soon as you wake up, expose yourself to strong light, ideally the sun, to help you wake up properly.

In addition to weight gain and hormone dis-regulation, poor sleep is associated with cardiovascular disease and anxiety and decreased general well-being, according to Lee. So it's important to make every effort to stay on top of this situation!

QVzsHy9Mg6qDBiPE9XceV34UvjYSFsY00G6Uvke9ZRC4QHD9EXizQdQLgkUkCxm98Mok6CEaFQae1na4kv1O_1yYboqa31ly-zN8Uhf58Cz2hnxA4BLDkZo4TLupamejImxhOEOP=s0

Photo source: Good Reads

2. Elevated stress

One of the most significant drains on your energy is stress. When you're chronically tired and short on energy, it's easy to get stressed and drained constantly.

Fix this by taking a few deep breaths, exercising your body, mindful meditation, and consuming nutritious meals.

Lee enjoys soothing meals such as soups and stews, which can do wonders for your general well-being when consumed in appropriate quantities.

She also suggests a supplement known as Fulvic Acid, which is utilised in the Indian school of Ayurveda to help with digestion.

It has adaptogen properties, which implies that it assists the body in adapting to stress.

Every day, Lee adds a supplement called Fulvic Humic Concentrate to her water, which has been shown to improve mental health, promote gut healing, and maintain the integrity of the gut lining. While some supplements may be helpful, it's important you check with your GP before starting anything new.

KMLS_U_-dMN7MuQnWmW7rlvbjJYIA-O_PZqJ1k0pLbMP8cH8zqKUhPrBSy0852u1auNgaM5hZNOEv2FTa-USteMkPUrGZc9yTFl460ntkExd3UM453Vq00Ub1rYJ8JktD1KU_4yU=s0

Photo source: Good Reads

3. Imbalanced gut bacteria

When it comes to digestion and absorption of nutrients, the bacteria in the gut play a critical part in keeping people healthy and full of energy, according to Lee.

Eating the incorrect meals can drain your energy, and you'll feel worse as a result.

Consume lots of nutritious protein, fats, and salads, and stay away from sugary and caffeinated drinks which may provide a temporary boost but will probably lead to a 'crash' later.

This will help you feel fuller longer and have more energy throughout the day. Vegetables also provide essential nutrients that help maintain stable blood sugar levels, which in turn helps control one's energy levels, states Lee.

eN_ZKghBmIQ0raJtmk-ED1ItY1K7Qsa0GwAWQrmOzIg-rAJJ-wobTt_7W7YyMfs1x7baLjcP0eCwZLSoIEhXB92tK5f1UdSiJU3BhEtOHZ7WZzhGMUPe2ItMdIj7kCUkvbIrYejy=s0

Photo source: Lifestyle Fifty

4. Inflammatory diet and caffeine

Finally, if your diet is high in inflammatory foods like coffee and sugar, you shouldn't be surprised if you're always fatigued.

Tired people often go for a cup of coffee and a sweet snack to get some energy. Lee said that while this may provide a little boost, it is not sustainable.

There is some evidence suggesting that you will have less energy a few hours after indulging in these kinds of things.

Instead, restrict yourself to one cup of coffee per day and ensure you remain hydrated - aim to drink approximately two litres of water each day, ideally more.

PZg8r2gf4keISCgG3x-aPJY7PxBZeLM-GIXwHSAsfcJawR9nOZdKxdgIZIZ_jK0n5x-V2U9sKs_IYyoubPnyIQft_S4Y_cGYdfvU0BP_-sd9OGfoMHLMVZQ_BrEczTlYM-Z8trqq=s0

Photo source: Food Matters

Last edited by a moderator:
An interested read Vella, and really sound advice..... especially for the young.... but for folks like me entirely too late, the damage has been done.! No amount of pretty young ladies thumping the drum of healthy green living is going to change one iota of the way we feel and live.
Once past 80 it's all academic, and a change in lifestyle as espoused just can't happen... sigh Following all of that the younger members of our group might do well to take your advice... :( :cool:

Reactions: Vella Gonzaga
An interested read Vella, and really sound advice..... especially for the young.... but for folks like me entirely too late, the damage has been done.! No amount of pretty young ladies thumping the drum of healthy green living is going to change one iota of the way we feel and live.
Once past 80 it's all academic, and a change in lifestyle as espoused just can't happen... sigh Following all of that the younger members of our group might do well to take your advice... :( :cool:
I completely disagree. Check this out ;)

Attachments

• PHOTO-2021-02-27-22-55-14.jpg
    PHOTO-2021-02-27-22-55-14.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 2
Yes Xe, maybe if you are still reasonably fit as I used to be anything might have been possible... but.... with various ailments that even limit the distance I can walk, the length of time I can stand, joint and heart problems you do what you can and even then carefully. :)

Yes Xe, maybe if you are still reasonably fit as I used to be anything might have been possible... but.... with various ailments that even limit the distance I can walk, the length of time I can stand, joint and heart problems you do what you can and even then carefully. :)
Ah, totally understandable. Well I have to admit that even at my age I don't look like this lady, so she must be something special