SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
Nursing home slammed for hiring a stripper to celebrate a cultural holiday – ‘We’re SO sorry!’

Warning: This article contains X-rated images.

The last thing anyone would expect to see during a sacred, cultural holiday is a young woman in sparkly lingerie, dancing seductively for a group of attendees. However, that’s exactly what happened in one nursing home – and we’re not sure whether to deem the seniors who witnessed it lucky or violated.

A nursing home was forced to issue an apology after receiving massive backlash for hiring a stripper to ‘entertain’ pensioners during a harvest festival in Taiwan.

Three days before the region’s annual harvest festival, the Taoyuan Veterans Home–a state-run facility in Taoyuan City for retired army personnel–paid the lady dressed in red and black lingerie to give a dozen wheelchair-bound seniors an experience like never before.

The staff explained that they were hoping to ‘lift the spirits’ of the seniors as the two previous Mid-Autumn Festival celebrations were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. But not everyone was on board with their chosen form of entertainment.

izLBr7u9cvPSvXMyHR0q3oON2QMghXFDyTW7ujUL9o6x5BjsRitd0aQ1rwqcHgMubz311DgkcOCZEgoNUkFvJ1imGK8sf1HvY_Eb3HBRA7mb3DlP5c2BI7az4RKJX2XQbIObbny_pR0Eu3uk_7eSiujW9L3jBCkoZAjlMWjvQDJznnNQfdjo-Uz_sA
RZ5cyaEPEIBzl81WOFXMMVy7GBXgFSiCDmjkXEGlfbusKu-IwMmV20hyUZBw_C9Z84umkPjYMC9tPnzjwttPdRBhBSaLMRT02X_SV--4YV15t7GkEhu3N7J0aw1LRP1ePIYqsNUuCKFRxaCcyzM53heGwHV16gFMcnVL_vMV15RylEN7vpXGHjedzQ

Well, that’s certainly one way to celebrate the occasion! Source: news.com.au

The nursing home was criticised online when a video of the raunchy celebration circulated and exposed how things unfolded. The performer can be seen seductively spreading her legs and stroking her body while guiding one senior’s hands onto her privates.

As a result, the Veterans Home issued a statement to apologise for the incident, saying that they ‘deeply regret’ the decision. A spokesman for the nursing home said that the stripper’s actions were ‘too enthusiastic and fiery’, adding that personnel will be ‘more cautious’ when planning similar events in the future.

dk8HXDw0pjvlG5RyJ5yrbUSbJAY4_tggVzCqYEKZ4XMD7DZQJvlKki-YyV_SXZaAK_s2G4SwlzYv5SLFfUxEUPFltPLZ6me4gQTJoWxZSQ8tvvh0dlA8P5vHux3UPErMIYUPSPUx1JmoHLbla8K51qzm94KIYyJW1_ZqDWhJuw_9P9LHxq3YayCpZQ

We bet these weren’t the ‘mooncakes’ he was expecting to receive… Source: news.com.au

They said a more wholesome game of bingo occurred in the nursing hall on the same day, where the pensioners indulged in mooncakes together.

Mooncakes are considered a delicacy in China. It’s commonly eaten with friends and family during the Mid-Autumn Festival with tea, representing completeness and togetherness.

This was followed by a lively karaoke session before the young woman in risque clothes put on a steamy show in the main hall.

The spokesman said: ‘The intention of the event was to entertain residents and make them happy. We are very sorry for the offence that was caused.’

The Mid-Autumn Festival or Mooncake Festival is one of the most important holidays in Asian culture. In China, it’s usually celebrated through family reunions, thanksgiving for harvests, and prayers for good fortune.

What are your thoughts about this nursing home’s decision? Was it simply a good laugh or a disrespectful move? Dare we ask how YOU would have reacted if you were in the residents’ shoes? Let us know in the comments below!

Sorry I was laughing, the men looked Ike they enjoyed it.

I m not going to judge.

They are grown men and as long as they were of sound mind and explained what they would be seeing then I don't see a problem

Instead of going to a strip joint the stipper went to them.

I couldn't see any women there , was it an only men's nursing home 🤔

Seriously if they were willing to participate and it made them happy then who was it hurting

The last thing anyone would expect to see during a sacred, cultural holiday is a young woman in sparkly lingerie, dancing seductively for a group of attendees. However, that’s exactly what happened in one nursing home – and we’re not sure whether to deem the seniors who witnessed it lucky or violated.

A nursing home was forced to issue an apology after receiving massive backlash for hiring a stripper to ‘entertain’ pensioners during a harvest festival in Taiwan.

Three days before the region’s annual harvest festival, the Taoyuan Veterans Home–a state-run facility in Taoyuan City for retired army personnel–paid the lady dressed in red and black lingerie to give a dozen wheelchair-bound seniors an experience like never before.

The staff explained that they were hoping to ‘lift the spirits’ of the seniors as the two previous Mid-Autumn Festival celebrations were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. But not everyone was on board with their chosen form of entertainment.

izLBr7u9cvPSvXMyHR0q3oON2QMghXFDyTW7ujUL9o6x5BjsRitd0aQ1rwqcHgMubz311DgkcOCZEgoNUkFvJ1imGK8sf1HvY_Eb3HBRA7mb3DlP5c2BI7az4RKJX2XQbIObbny_pR0Eu3uk_7eSiujW9L3jBCkoZAjlMWjvQDJznnNQfdjo-Uz_sA
RZ5cyaEPEIBzl81WOFXMMVy7GBXgFSiCDmjkXEGlfbusKu-IwMmV20hyUZBw_C9Z84umkPjYMC9tPnzjwttPdRBhBSaLMRT02X_SV--4YV15t7GkEhu3N7J0aw1LRP1ePIYqsNUuCKFRxaCcyzM53heGwHV16gFMcnVL_vMV15RylEN7vpXGHjedzQ

The nursing home was criticised online when a video of the raunchy celebration circulated and exposed how things unfolded. The performer can be seen seductively spreading her legs and stroking her body while guiding one senior’s hands onto her privates.

As a result, the Veterans Home issued a statement to apologise for the incident, saying that they ‘deeply regret’ the decision. A spokesman for the nursing home said that the stripper’s actions were ‘too enthusiastic and fiery’, adding that personnel will be ‘more cautious’ when planning similar events in the future.

dk8HXDw0pjvlG5RyJ5yrbUSbJAY4_tggVzCqYEKZ4XMD7DZQJvlKki-YyV_SXZaAK_s2G4SwlzYv5SLFfUxEUPFltPLZ6me4gQTJoWxZSQ8tvvh0dlA8P5vHux3UPErMIYUPSPUx1JmoHLbla8K51qzm94KIYyJW1_ZqDWhJuw_9P9LHxq3YayCpZQ

We bet these weren’t the ‘mooncakes’ he was expecting to receive… Source: news.com.au

They said a more wholesome game of bingo occurred in the nursing hall on the same day, where the pensioners indulged in mooncakes together.

Mooncakes are considered a delicacy in China. It’s commonly eaten with friends and family during the Mid-Autumn Festival with tea, representing completeness and togetherness.

This was followed by a lively karaoke session before the young woman in risque clothes put on a steamy show in the main hall.

The spokesman said: ‘The intention of the event was to entertain residents and make them happy. We are very sorry for the offence that was caused.’

The Mid-Autumn Festival or Mooncake Festival is one of the most important holidays in Asian culture. In China, it’s usually celebrated through family reunions, thanksgiving for harvests, and prayers for good fortune.

What are your thoughts about this nursing home’s decision? Was it simply a good laugh or a disrespectful move? Dare we ask how YOU would have reacted if you were in the residents’ shoes? Let us know in the comments below!
I imagine that would've got rid of some of the residents, high blood pressure and heart failure, some with alzheimers wouldn't remember what they were seeing anyway. Fairly innappropriate I think, no very innappropriate.

Did anyone ask the actual residents...personally I think maybe a little poor taste but alternately some residents may have enjoyed it...just because you get older doesn't mean you stop having fun...I don't know their culture or what this festival is all about..but still hope some enjoyed

Presumably the residents had the option of not attending if they so choose. I personally have no problem with it, although it is a bit out there as entertainment goes. If the audience was not shocked and had a bit of harmless fun and the dancer was willing and not compromised in any way I don't see a reason to complain:).

Reactions: Maurie7 and Dee G
They are retired servicemen. They would have most likely seen similar "Ladies" during their service life. I don't see what the problem is. Hover, if it had not been placed on the internet no one would have known about it except the men and home.

Reactions: Maurie7 and Ricci

I take enough blood pressure tablets. I would end up taking an overdose with this. 😁😮

Mooncakes and Karaoke vs a stripper. Let me think about it a bit. I thought about it for a microsecond and I know which one I want.
For heavens sake, are we really becoming so prude. As long as nobody was coerced or forced into it, I am OK with it. I will never support someone being forced into it. Have people been to a beach recently? I know the girls aren't dancing on the beach but the bikinis are rather small. Hey get onto internet and you can see more than this stripper could have shown you.
I have no problem with it. I don't know why the care facility apologised for it. Maybe cultural concerns. But these people who complain should open their eyes as to what is happening in the world.
After my rant above, I will state 'to each their own'. But it is a pity that a bit of fun for these older gentlemen resulted in such hoo-hah.

The world today is all about sex, more sex……….no wonder there are so many problems with it in society. Rapes, violence, killing, primary schoolers watching on their phones, young girls and teenagers dressing like adult women, pedophiles prying on children…….how can people accept that kind of entertainment as normal?? We live in a mad world, where decent entertainment is a thing of the past.
I think it’s sad, to everyone concern 😩😩

OMG 😱 that us just repulsive & frankly disgusting!! I would be getting legal advice if I had a loved one in that place who had been exposed to that filth& moving them immediately !!! To say they made a bad decision is putting it mildly !! What miracle ms the must be!!

Afterwards the Taoyuan Veterans Home Veterans sang "Thanks for the Memories?"