cadillacs

Oct 27, 2021
Nothing more dodgy!

There is nothing more dodgy in a time when people are not insuring houses as they cannot afford it, WE are being chaged 10% gst AND 10% STAMP DUTY on any insurance, with money we have ALEADY PAID TAX ON! Why is it so? A home insurace policy that is $3000 we pay $600 tax??Why do we put up with this dictatorship style of government? What can we do about it?

Not much we can do except pay up if we want to protect our possessions which we have worked long and hard for. with the increase in home invasions and break ins I for one don’t want to be uninsured. I’m waiting for the Emergency Services Levy to be taken off the cost of home and contents insurance. The NSW government stated it would be dropped off insurance and I believe put onto council rates so even people without insurance would be helping to pay for it. Personally I would like to see it become a part of the tax people above a certain income have to pay so even people who rent have to pay a share. Or as a percentage of everyone’s tax so the more you earn the more you pay. After all the higher the income people have the bigger houses and more contents they have that need protecting. I‘m sure I read the levy was supposed to be dropped before May, but our house insurance payment came out of our account today and it hasn’t changed. Now I can’t find written anywhere when it is supposed to be dropped. I will send an email to my local state member and ask the question.

Reactions: Davmes
Does that insurance of $3,000 cover for the whole year? That amount only covers my house and contents for a quarter of the year. I do not live in a mansion either. I'd love to know where you live because where I live the council wastes money and then puts our rates up and votes themselves more fees.

I have read some comments on the insurance prices, I pay around $3,000 a year. That covers house, contents and full comprehensive on 2 cars. I would question the insurer you use and encourage shopping around.