Not drinking this holiday season? Here are the best non-alcoholic wines, beers and drinks to help you stay merry!

As we get older, many of us start to re-evaluate our relationship with alcohol. Maybe we're trying to be healthier, or maybe we're just not as big a fan of hangovers as we used to be!

Whatever the reason, if you're thinking of reducing your alcohol intake this holiday season – or eliminating it altogether – then you might be wondering what sorts of drinks are out there that can help you stay merry without the need for booze.

Don't fret, members! We've done a bit of digging and found this list from Harper's Bazaar of some alternative non-alcoholic beverages that are sure to quench your thirst and leave you feeling satisfied.

So whether you're attending a function or just enjoying some quality time at home with family and friends, here are some great options for non-alcoholic wine, beer and spirits:

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 11.48.48 AM.png
There's no better time to be more mindful of our alcohol intake than during the holiday season. Credit: Pexels/Valeria Boltneva.

Non-Alcoholic Wine: Non-alcoholic wine is created through a special de-alcoholisation process that removes the alcohol from regular wine while retaining its flavour. You can find it at most supermarkets (including Woolworths and Coles), liquor stores (such as Dan Murphy's), and dedicated alcohol-free stores (like Sans Drinks).

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 11.48.57 AM.png
Here are some of the best non-alcoholic wines available on the market. Credit: Sans Drinks, Boozebud, Coles.

Alcohol-Free Beer and Cider: This one is definitely for our beer lovers out there! There's a wide range available now, from sours to stouts, so you're sure to find something that suits your taste. You can usually find them alongside regular beers at the supermarket or liquor store.

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 11.49.04 AM.png
Here are some of the best alcohol-free beers and ciders available on the market. Credit: Sans Drinks, Boozebud.

Non-Alcoholic Spirits: If you're missing those refreshing cocktails but don't want the booze, then opt for a non-alcoholic spirit instead! Just like regular spirits, they come in all sorts of flavours, so feel free to mix them up with your favourite mocktail recipe and enjoy!

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 11.49.10 AM.png
Here are some of the best non-alcoholic drinks and cocktails available on the market. Credit: Sans Drinks, NON, Catch.

Can these non-alcoholic beverages still make me drunk?

Some 'non-alcoholic' and 'alcohol-free' drinks may still contain up to 0.5% alcohol, but don't panic; that's about the same amount of alcohol as you'd find in fermented goods like kombucha.

As you drink, your body will break down the alcohol (fun fact: the average person will process the 0.25 units in a pint of 0.5% beer in about 17 minutes).

As always, it goes without saying that you should consume all beverages in moderation; while these drinks might not get you drunk, they could make you full, hindering you from eating all the delicious foods you've been eyeing during the holidays!

So there you have it, members – everything you need to know about drinking responsibly this holiday season! If you still need more reasons to finally put down the glass and stop drinking, the video below might help.

Merry Christmas from all of us here at the Seniors Discount Club.

Credit: AsapSCIENCE.

Reactions: RTS and Ricci
Sponsored
I'm sorry, but to me (a non-drinker), alcohol free drinks are a bit like meatless meat! Why? Why pretend you're still drinking by having non-alcohol, who are you fooling. What's wrong with drinking tea, coffee, soft drinks, water, cordial or juice, it's not like you don't have a choice. :)

I'm a teetotaller and I have never felt the need to "have a drink when I'm not having a drink."
I love a dry ginger or apple juice.....simple, if not plain water.
PS I love Chinotto, but many people do not, so it is rarely served.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricci and RTS
I actually have tried non alcohol wine and find it disgusting. It is so sweet it is just like sugar water

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci