Nicolas Cage spotted with a new surprising hairstyle: love it or hate it?

We all know Nicolas Cage as the wacky, out-there actor who always seems to be in the news for one odd reason or another. But what many people don't know is that Cage is actually a pretty darn good actor. He's starred in some great films over the years, including Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation, and Face/Off.

Sure, Cage has had his share of duds (we're looking at you, Ghost Rider), but even in those films he always gives it his all. He's one of those actors who is always game to try something new, and for that, we have a great deal of respect for him.

Speaking of him being unpredictable with his choices, the renowned actor has surprised his fans by going public with a radical hairstyle makeover that rendered him virtually unrecognisable.

Fans took to social media to express their shock at Nicolas' new appearance; some even posted pictures of themselves with the actor.

t-UfGn8SXutsLWY2aL5Kca4roAyn7pqxcWTJvdtcHEaKTExber1d4KG-ckTV6v7H4CQJFxbL8FMffaU7rY9mTAF91YI7gurtQXtGZkiogZ1EPRG8a1ruGIUv8IAAR5wA2o9FyRnnYzSnEZCcrCD3wQ

Nicolas Cage surprised fans with his drastic hairstyle change. Credit: Facebook/Mike Spring.

'Well, you can tell we’re in L.A. because I just met Nicolas Cage at breakfast. Yup,' wrote a couple who met the actor in a restaurant.

The 58-year-old actor has ruffled red hair and a shaggy beard, giving him an untidy, punk rock appearance.

Many fans questioned how the couple even found the star in the first place as they found it difficult to believe that it was actually him.

One person wrote: 'I don’t think I have run into anyone randomly like that. I don’t know that I would have even recognised him!'

'I would not have recognised him, damn,' another agreed.

A third chimed in: 'Seems like it was an early continental free breakfast and Nic went down before fully ready and awake.'

The two replied in response to all the people who questioned whether Nicolas was the person in the photo.

'While many people wouldn’t have recognised him just by looking at him, there was no mistaking him once he started talking!' they said.

'He apparently has an apartment across the street so he comes in for breakfast sometimes.'

Another admirer reported seeing Nicolas 'in the wild' on Twitter and posted two pictures of his new distinctive hairdo.

43bvkaxEEr6X_oa8o5G4zqPa9h-AyiA7mq0n3-OkV9qc44j8LcmI3t3nFyeqzCwFv1XzMt6m1FHQjkNmDoBCJwX1DHoZXfYD5JJgE6DxlHpAUvCCW-orrkpQr7cjZg-O9gP2ZIncuWsUu7neRURdwg

Fans took to social media to share some snaps of themselves with the actor. Credit: Twitter/Morganna Bramah.

'Just Nic Cage with new cherry red hair…that’s it, that’s the Tweet,' the fan wrote in her post.

One stunned user replied to the Tweet: 'I think he looks better with the red hair! Anything is an improvement!'

'Looks great to me, in fact, I prefer the more scruffy look,' another praised.

A third joked: 'It’s nice that Cage is finally cutting loose, after years and years of being so strait-laced and introverted.'

While most admirers were complimentary about Nicolas' new appearance, there were some harsh remarks.

One comment read: 'It makes him look just as creepy as he always does, and he’s still an awful actor.'

'Well he’s finally famous for something and it ain’t for his acting,' another sarcastically said.

A third harshly commented: 'Reminds me of circus clowns.'

We know that he's a renowned actor and that no matter how he wants to look, he has a legion of fans who will support him. We support people no matter how they choose to present themselves to the world.

If some of you are thinking of doing the same, we are fully supportive of that! Whether you rock a vibrant hair colour or keep it classic with a sleek ‘do, we think you look fabulous!

What are your thoughts on Nicolas Cage's new hair? Do you think he rocks it? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Ezzy, IVY and Ricci
Sponsored
All I can say is good on him.

He looks good and if it makes you feel good then do it . It's not hurting anyone else. He pulls it off nicely not alot could do it and look that good

What's saying he isn't in character for an up coming film.

I've been tempted to colour my hair light pink which last 5 washes

We all know Nicolas Cage as the wacky, out-there actor who always seems to be in the news for one odd reason or another. But what many people don't know is that Cage is actually a pretty darn good actor. He's starred in some great films over the years, including Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation, and Face/Off.

Sure, Cage has had his share of duds (we're looking at you, Ghost Rider), but even in those films he always gives it his all. He's one of those actors who is always game to try something new, and for that, we have a great deal of respect for him.

Speaking of him being unpredictable with his choices, the renowned actor has surprised his fans by going public with a radical hairstyle makeover that rendered him virtually unrecognisable.

Fans took to social media to express their shock at Nicolas' new appearance; some even posted pictures of themselves with the actor.

t-UfGn8SXutsLWY2aL5Kca4roAyn7pqxcWTJvdtcHEaKTExber1d4KG-ckTV6v7H4CQJFxbL8FMffaU7rY9mTAF91YI7gurtQXtGZkiogZ1EPRG8a1ruGIUv8IAAR5wA2o9FyRnnYzSnEZCcrCD3wQ

Nicolas Cage surprised fans with his drastic hairstyle change. Credit: Facebook/Mike Spring.

'Well, you can tell we’re in L.A. because I just met Nicolas Cage at breakfast. Yup,' wrote a couple who met the actor in a restaurant.

The 58-year-old actor has ruffled red hair and a shaggy beard, giving him an untidy, punk rock appearance.

Many fans questioned how the couple even found the star in the first place as they found it difficult to believe that it was actually him.

One person wrote: 'I don’t think I have run into anyone randomly like that. I don’t know that I would have even recognised him!'

A third chimed in: 'Seems like it was an early continental free breakfast and Nic went down before fully ready and awake.'

The two replied in response to all the people who questioned whether Nicolas was the person in the photo.

'While many people wouldn’t have recognised him just by looking at him, there was no mistaking him once he started talking!' they said.

'He apparently has an apartment across the street so he comes in for breakfast sometimes.'

Another admirer reported seeing Nicolas 'in the wild' on Twitter and posted two pictures of his new distinctive hairdo.

43bvkaxEEr6X_oa8o5G4zqPa9h-AyiA7mq0n3-OkV9qc44j8LcmI3t3nFyeqzCwFv1XzMt6m1FHQjkNmDoBCJwX1DHoZXfYD5JJgE6DxlHpAUvCCW-orrkpQr7cjZg-O9gP2ZIncuWsUu7neRURdwg

Fans took to social media to share some snaps of themselves with the actor. Credit: Twitter/Morganna Bramah.

'Just Nic Cage with new cherry red hair…that’s it, that’s the Tweet,' the fan wrote in her post.

One stunned user replied to the Tweet: 'I think he looks better with the red hair! Anything is an improvement!'

A third joked: 'It’s nice that Cage is finally cutting loose, after years and years of being so strait-laced and introverted.'

While most admirers were complimentary about Nicolas' new appearance, there were some harsh remarks.

One comment read: 'It makes him look just as creepy as he always does, and he’s still an awful actor.'

'Well he’s finally famous for something and it ain’t for his acting,' another sarcastically said.

We know that he's a renowned actor and that no matter how he wants to look, he has a legion of fans who will support him. We support people no matter how they choose to present themselves to the world.

If some of you are thinking of doing the same, we are fully supportive of that! Whether you rock a vibrant hair colour or keep it classic with a sleek ‘do, we think you look fabulous!

What are your thoughts on Nicolas Cage's new hair? Do you think he rocks it? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
Wonder how he’d go with a mullet? Seen worse than that walk out of hair salons.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci

I really like it.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci

Regardless of his hair colour, l feel his style is more likeable in the first photo, messed up.

Reactions: Ricci