Los

Aug 17, 2022

Hiya, new to this group....65 with parental responsibility for teen granddaughter. Still working but trying to find ways of doing that in a less stressful way (teacher-librarian!). Live in Redcliffe Qld. Not sure what else to add but feel free to ask questions I guess :)

Hiya, new to this group....65 with parental responsibility for teen granddaughter. Still working but trying to find ways of doing that in a less stressful way (teacher-librarian!). Live in Redcliffe Qld. Not sure what else to add but feel free to ask questions I guess :)
Hello, @Los ! Welcome, welcome, welcome 🤩 Thanks for joining in on the fun! We're glad to have you as a part of the forum.

I was also raised by my grandparents so this hits close to home :) What are some of your interests?

Hello, teenager is a big responsibility, how old is she? I have a teenage daughter 17 and year 12

Hello, @Los ! Welcome, welcome, welcome 🤩 Thanks for joining in on the fun! We're glad to have you as a part of the forum.

I was also raised by my grandparents so this hits close to home :) What are some of your interests?
Well as I'm still working full time, I don't have much time for other stuff but I do review children's and YA books for a number of publishers and have a pretty successful blog which I've written for almost ten years. The Kid has started surfing this year so we go up the coast every couple of weeks for that - so my best fun then is watching her and sitting on the beach doing not a lot LOL

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Well as I'm still working full time, I don't have much time for other stuff but I do review children's and YA books for a number of publishers and have a pretty successful blog which I've written for almost ten years. The Kid has started surfing this year so we go up the coast every couple of weeks for that - so my best fun then is watching her and sitting on the beach doing not a lot LOL
And who would want to retire from what you do. What a great job. She is lucky to have you

Reactions: Los
And who would want to retire from what you do. What a great job. She is lucky to have you
Oh I don't want to retire from her - just work/school...............I've actually just started home-schooling her again (she has learning impairments) so looking to do relief/casual and get by on that rather than stressing fulltime in a very unpleasant high school :)

Oh I don't want to retire from her - just work/school...............I've actually just started home-schooling her again (she has learning impairments) so looking to do relief/casual and get by on that rather than stressing fulltime in a very unpleasant high school :)
Oh I ment you wouldn't want to retire from the job you have, sounds amazing.

And your grand daughter is lucky to have you to take her surfing.

What year is she in?

Four of my girls and one son are all teachers.

I home schooled one of my sons year 9 and 10.

Oh I ment you wouldn't want to retire from the job you have, sounds amazing.

And your grand daughter is lucky to have you to take her surfing.

What year is she in?

Four of my girls and one son are all teachers.

I home schooled one of my sons year 9 and 10.
The job I have(started this year) was supposed to be Head of Library but the school has had me teaching two English classes leaving very little time for their badly neglected library - long story but I made a big mistake accepting the job. So now I'm finishing up next Friday :) *claps hands* - will do relief/casual, home school The Kid who is in year 11 but works at about a year 7/8 level, hopefully parlay my reviewing and library knowledge into some ad hoc work:)

Reactions: Suzanne rose