New twist in Sunrise star Sam Mac and Robert Irwin's social media feud

A playful rivalry has emerged in Australia between two beloved figures, Sam Mac, the weatherman from Sunrise, and wildlife enthusiast Robert Irwin.

This feud has gained attention for its cheeky and lighthearted nature, adding an extra layer of entertainment to the morning routine for fans of both individuals.

During a live segment filmed in Caloundra, Queensland, the humorous rivalry between weatherman Sam Mac and wildlife conservationist Robert Irwin took an unexpected turn.

Located just 20km away from Australia Zoo, which is Robert Irwin's domain, the stage was set for some playful banter.

During this segment, a Sunrise fan named Tara held up a sign that caught everyone's attention.

The sign read, 'Robert Irwin 4 Weatherman,' adding fuel to the already amusing rivalry between the two.

compressed-banter.jpeg
Sam Mac and Robert Irwin playfully tease each other, bringing a lot of fun and laughter to their ongoing rivalry. Source: Sunrise

Sam, slightly taken aback but always quick on his feet, retorted: 'And just when you think that you’re welcome in a town, you notice this sign. Tara—that’s very, very generous of you to bring that this morning when I felt everyone loved me here.'

Robert Irwin, the passionate wildlife enthusiast, has been carving his own path by following in the footsteps of his late father. But as a weatherman? Now that’s a plot twist we weren’t expecting!

Sam Mac hit the ball straight into Robert’s court, adding, 'Not only has he got a new girlfriend now, he’s hijacking my segments when he’s not even here. Do you want me to come back with a crocodile? Is that what you guys want? I’ll do it. [Australia Zoo] is just down the road.’

During another segment, Sam Mac couldn't resist taking another playful jab at Robert Irwin. As he gazed out at the Sunshine Coast skyline, with Australia Zoo situated below, he said, ‘I’m currently looking down on Robert Irwin.’

compressed-banter2.jpeg
Their clever and witty remarks keep their fans entertained and add an extra dose of enjoyment to their morning routine. Source: Instagram/SamMacInsta

Robert further stirred things up by asking his fans, 'What do we think, guys? Do we need a petition??'

Sam, always one to take an Aussie jest on the chin, responded with a poll allowing fans to have their say.

And boy, did the fans chime in! There were calls for more feuds and even some playful threats.

One user said, ‘Am so here for this feud with Robert!’

Another added, ‘Brutal’.

A third, ‘I’m sorry, but you are on his home ground at Caloundra.’

But amidst this, it was clear that the loyalty rests firmly with Mac—viewers chimed in, expressing their love and support for their seasoned weatherman.

One responded, ‘Love Robert, but Sam is our weatherman.’

Another added, ‘No way, Robert is lovely—but will always love Sam as our weatherman!’

A third said, ‘Never! When Sam Mac retires from weatherman, we RIOT!’

Key Takeaways
  • Sam Mac’s social media 'feud' with Robert Irwin has continued, with Irwin suggesting a petition to replace him as the Sunrise weatherman.
  • The playful dispute began when a fan aired a placard during a live segment of Sunrise in Queensland, stating 'Robert Irwin 4 Weatherman.'
  • Irwin responded to Mac's social media post about the placard asking followers if the petition is needed. Mac further instigated the debate by creating a poll on his social media.
  • Despite the banter, fans have shown great support for Sam Mac, with numerous comments expressing their love for him as their weatherman.

While Sam continues to keep us updated with our daily dose of weather with a twist of humour, and Robert perseveres in his efforts for wildlife conservation, we appreciate their pursuits. It's heartening to see that even in this age of technology, the timeless tradition of 'bantering' remains.

What's your take on the hilarious social media showdown between Sam Mac and Robert Irwin? Let's hear your thoughts on this epic battle of wit and banter!

Sponsored
Love it 😀 This has been going on since Robert Irwin filled in as weatherman for a week
They are actually friends

When I watched this the other day I thought that Robert Irwin would make the perfect Ken for The Barbie movie.

Definitely Sam Mac for weatherman 🙂

Just another reason to add to my avoidance of this so called 'NEWS' tabloid TV show.

A playful rivalry has emerged in Australia between two beloved figures, Sam Mac, the weatherman from Sunrise, and wildlife enthusiast Robert Irwin.

This feud has gained attention for its cheeky and lighthearted nature, adding an extra layer of entertainment to the morning routine for fans of both individuals.

During a live segment filmed in Caloundra, Queensland, the humorous rivalry between weatherman Sam Mac and wildlife conservationist Robert Irwin took an unexpected turn.

Located just 20km away from Australia Zoo, which is Robert Irwin's domain, the stage was set for some playful banter.

During this segment, a Sunrise fan named Tara held up a sign that caught everyone's attention.

The sign read, 'Robert Irwin 4 Weatherman,' adding fuel to the already amusing rivalry between the two.

View attachment 24582
Sam Mac and Robert Irwin playfully tease each other, bringing a lot of fun and laughter to their ongoing rivalry. Source: Sunrise

Sam, slightly taken aback but always quick on his feet, retorted: 'And just when you think that you’re welcome in a town, you notice this sign. Tara—that’s very, very generous of you to bring that this morning when I felt everyone loved me here.'

Robert Irwin, the passionate wildlife enthusiast, has been carving his own path by following in the footsteps of his late father. But as a weatherman? Now that’s a plot twist we weren’t expecting!

Sam Mac hit the ball straight into Robert’s court, adding, 'Not only has he got a new girlfriend now, he’s hijacking my segments when he’s not even here. Do you want me to come back with a crocodile? Is that what you guys want? I’ll do it. [Australia Zoo] is just down the road.’

During another segment, Sam Mac couldn't resist taking another playful jab at Robert Irwin. As he gazed out at the Sunshine Coast skyline, with Australia Zoo situated below, he said, ‘I’m currently looking down on Robert Irwin.’

View attachment 24583
Their clever and witty remarks keep their fans entertained and add an extra dose of enjoyment to their morning routine. Source: Instagram/SamMacInsta

Robert further stirred things up by asking his fans, 'What do we think, guys? Do we need a petition??'

Sam, always one to take an Aussie jest on the chin, responded with a poll allowing fans to have their say.

And boy, did the fans chime in! There were calls for more feuds and even some playful threats.

One user said, ‘Am so here for this feud with Robert!’

Another added, ‘Brutal’.

A third, ‘I’m sorry, but you are on his home ground at Caloundra.’

But amidst this, it was clear that the loyalty rests firmly with Mac—viewers chimed in, expressing their love and support for their seasoned weatherman.

One responded, ‘Love Robert, but Sam is our weatherman.’

Another added, ‘No way, Robert is lovely—but will always love Sam as our weatherman!’

A third said, ‘Never! When Sam Mac retires from weatherman, we RIOT!’

Key Takeaways

• Sam Mac’s social media 'feud' with Robert Irwin has continued, with Irwin suggesting a petition to replace him as the Sunrise weatherman.
  • The playful dispute began when a fan aired a placard during a live segment of Sunrise in Queensland, stating 'Robert Irwin 4 Weatherman.'
  • Irwin responded to Mac's social media post about the placard asking followers if the petition is needed. Mac further instigated the debate by creating a poll on his social media.
  • Despite the banter, fans have shown great support for Sam Mac, with numerous comments expressing their love for him as their weatherman.

While Sam continues to keep us updated with our daily dose of weather with a twist of humour, and Robert perseveres in his efforts for wildlife conservation, we appreciate their pursuits. It's heartening to see that even in this age of technology, the timeless tradition of 'bantering' remains.

What's your take on the hilarious social media showdown between Sam Mac and Robert Irwin? Let's hear your thoughts on this epic battle of wit and banter!
Great to see that in this WOKE world great humour still has its place!

Reactions: Macarj