Hello @Teach ! Welcome to the SDC! We're so glad you joined 😄 Is there anything you'd like to share about yourself? I'm curious and would love to know you better.

Hello @Teach ! Welcome to the SDC! We're so glad you joined 😄 Is there anything you'd like to share about yourself? I'm curious and would love to know you better.
Hi, I am a recently widowed, retired Secondary School teacher and Vice Principal. I was crippled as a child, (TB of the hip) and did what ever job I could get. I married young and while we raised our 3 children, I studied, externally, for 14 years and began teaching at 37 after a year in a plaster cast from underarms to toes, to get me walking again. I cared for my husband after he developed MSA for the 7 years from diagnosis to death and I miss him such a lot. We were a team for 53 years. I have lovely children and grandchildren so I am very fortunate.

• Sad
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Hi, I am a recently widowed, retired Secondary School teacher and Vice Principal. I was crippled as a child, (TB of the hip) and did what ever job I could get. I married young and while we raised our 3 children, I studied, externally, for 14 years and began teaching at 37 after a year in a plaster cast from underarms to toes, to get me walking again. I cared for my husband after he developed MSA for the 7 years from diagnosis to death and I miss him such a lot. We were a team for 53 years. I have lovely children and grandchildren so I am very fortunate.
Aww, @Teach my heart aches for you. It seems like you've been through a lot but you still somehow managed to sound so positive and grateful. Thank you for being brave enough to share your story with us. I'm also terribly sorry to hear about your husband. Losing someone is NEVER easy. We feel for you and are here for you.

Sending you the tightest, warmest, virtual hugs! 🤗🤗

Aww, @Teach my heart aches for you. It seems like you've been through a lot but you still somehow managed to sound so positive and grateful. Thank you for being brave enough to share your story with us. I'm also terribly sorry to hear about your husband. Losing someone is NEVER easy. We feel for you and are here for you.

Sending you the tightest, warmest, virtual hugs! 🤗🤗
Thank you for your lovely reply and the hugs. I felt them where you feel things most, in my heart. MSA is almost the same as Motor Neurone disease but you get dementia as well. All the systems in the body cease to function until death claims you. Bladder and bowel control go, you cannot walk or swallow, you have trouble breathing, you choke and your can't focus your eyes to read. It is awful My husband fell all the time but I kept him with me until the last 5.5 weeks, as that is where he wanted to be. He was a good man and a great musician. I was lucky that he chose me to be his wife.