New study reveals how irresistible Tim Tams can be — “It lights up the brain!”

New study reveals how irresistible Tim Tams can be — “It lights up the brain!”
It can't be denied that Aussies are head over heels for Tim Tams. The decadent treat has been a staple buy for most households across the country since 1964.

If you are one of those people who just can't resist these delectable treats, then you should keep reading to learn more about the new study which shows how addictive these chocolate biscuits are.

Arnott's, which has just recently launched four new indulgent Tim Tam flavours — Decadent Triple Choc, Salted Caramel Brownie, Dark Choc Raspberry Tart, and Dark Choc Mint — partnered with Australia's best QEEG and Brain Mapping experts to study the neural effects of taking a bite into a Tim Tam Deluxe in a bid to prove that the new flavours are actually as delicious as they sound.

x8IXv2jhL6vk-vwabGznkLWcYGNJ9NXjeN3qqzsYe0a-s71BsXdrVuyI7Q-SxRsaylnr45YJDoWVELR9cXQH9VJ-Ilm-JHo3_xcMvCN0xZGFw3_F7sewuOovBOenbbpzPfiUnBw

Arnott’s partnered with Australia's best QEEG and Brain Mapping experts to prove that Tim Tams taste as delicious as they sound. Credit: Arnott’s.

Neurologist at the Neurofeedback Centre Tim Lucas said: 'When the brain is aroused and actively engaged in mental activities it generates beta waves.'

'These waves tend to sit on a relatively low amplitude but move the fastest and at a higher frequency. So, when our minds are vastly engaged or highly aroused, a spike in beta waves will be a sign of that."

'When Arnott's told us about their yet-to-be-launched and most indulgent Tim Tam range ever, we were curious to understand what indulging in one might do to Aussie brains.'

So, what exactly do the results tell us?

'We entered the experiment quite doubtful we'd see drastic results that might indicate pleasure. So, we were pleasantly surprised to learn that smelling a Tim Tam Deluxe - let alone biting into one - quite literally lit up the brains and activated the high beta waves in ways we'd never seen before, in every one of the clients we tested,' Dr Lucas said.

It was also revealed that 47 percent of the Australians said that they would rather eat a pack of Tim Tam biscuits over a glass of wine.

Additionally, respondents belonging to the Gen Z and Millennial cohorts — with 114 percent and 93 percent backing the claim, respectively — said that they are more likely to choose the choccy bikkies over alcoholic beverages compared to older generations.

i2rVKreszadrrWq5LXrtPlVAhOW4Sw41x40zdj1BofMR68lenHLNNp7odYcCvg4E9X0kgbV_j2-3BkbpOgluzcI9Rdo6wkqSerDFl3-TEBxF9bvNyaV-6a-NiFtbVK1TGBf02wY
TbYV3U5G55724XaXw4SfQwiLl5ijYb_ROgw3YRtWM7DyKPcRsTYZo1YFYuRAkIr8I2hq-UvCcNEdHYbHXRyoQiQm5WQWt4fscLqZ1L_GTwxI0x6W4q74IK4L6qwAttFs8uYYvcY

Arnott’s recently launched four new exciting flavours — Decadent Triple Choc, Salted Caramel Brownie, Dark Choc Raspberry Tart, and Dark Choc Mint. Credit: Arnott’s.

More than a third of Aussies (37%) would rather opt for a Tim Tam pack over cuddling with their pet, the research discovered.

It was also revealed that over a quarter (30%) of the respondents would rather enjoy a pack of these irresistible treats over cuddling with their children or loved ones.

So, if you're one of those who can't get enough of these treats, we can't blame you as this new study is enough proof that these decadent treats are in fact addictive!

Reactions: Quiltynut and BabsL
Sponsored
I have bought a couple of these Deluxe Tim Tam varieties. Specifically the raspberry tart and the salted caramel. They certainly are addictive. I'm unlikely to forfeit a cuddle with my hubby for one though.

So now I am vindicated regarding my lifelong addiction to Tim Tams, but agree that they will never take the place of a cuddle with my husband especially when he purrrs in my ear!!:love:

• Love
Reactions: BabsL and Ricci