ozurbancowboy

Nov 15, 2022

Hi peeps just introducing myself to the group single, male, 67 years old, lover of life and all the great ideas and various view points expressed here, ozurbancowboy

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman

Hi peeps just introducing myself to the group single, male, 67 years old, lover of life and all the great ideas and various view points expressed here, ozurbancowboy
Hello, @ozurbancowboy! Welcome, welcome, welcooome :) we're so glad to have you here! Thanks for joining. We'd love to know more about you so if you're willing, please feel free to tell us some of the things you love doing :D

Hi JulianaFr here, and I have joined to implore everyone to start reading the SDC morning news with a critical eye. 2 weeks ago SDC wrote an article encouraging everyone to buy a large food wrap from Aldi. Considering the fact that food wrap is one of the most polluting products on the planet, I wrote to SDC and complained. I received a reply saying that SDC employees would be informed and would be more careful in the future of the kind of comments they made.
So, I was infuriated when I saw that they repeated the same article on the Sunday.
As a sop to me SDC then wrote an article about ditching food wrap.
This week, SDC then again wrote another article encouraging readers to buy and use this food wrap. I am amazed that people younger than me, and thus the inheritors of the earth, are willing to actively push for others to use this polluting product, especially in light of the recent news that REDCycling has stopped. SDC gives the impression of being open to corporate interests and the Devil take the hindmost.

Hi JulianaFr here, and I have joined to implore everyone to start reading the SDC morning news with a critical eye. 2 weeks ago SDC wrote an article encouraging everyone to buy a large food wrap from Aldi. Considering the fact that food wrap is one of the most polluting products on the planet, I wrote to SDC and complained. I received a reply saying that SDC employees would be informed and would be more careful in the future of the kind of comments they made.
So, I was infuriated when I saw that they repeated the same article on the Sunday.
This week, SDC then again wrote another article encouraging readers to buy and use this food wrap. I am amazed that people younger than me, and thus the inheritors of the earth, are willing to actively push for others to use this polluting product, especially in light of the recent news that REDCycling has stopped. SDC gives the impression of being open to corporate interests and the Devil take the hindmost.
Omg please !!!!! We are adults here and we either chose what they SDC say or ignore it. They do their best and actually do an amazing job especially for those people that have no one

I use a lot of glass containers in my fridge but sometimes need to use gladwrap. The choice is ours
If you don't like what is said in here then I'm sure there is an exist button 👋

Hi @JulianaFr,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I think as with everything we all (as humans) read, should be read with a critical eye. I, much like you, and am extremely passionate about re-useable items, reducing waste etc. To the point I will not have a coffee unless it is in a keep cup OR I'm sitting in the cafe using a mug, because far too many single-use coffee cups go into the red bins and fill up our landfill. In my home, I also use beeswax covers, I don't use plastic wraps like cling-wrap, however, I am also in a privileged position where I can afford to do this. Beeswax covers are more expensive than plastic wrap and there's no doubt about that. Some of our members want to do good, but simply can't afford to and because of this very reason we want to do our best to cater to every one.

The article we wrote this week about plastic wrap did talk about it being a cheap and easy option, but we also added a link to buy eco-friendly wrappers which were beeswax covers. We have also covered the REDCycling news here and we've even written an article about what you can do with your soft plastics now here.

We will continue to promote doing good for our beautiful planet, because without it, we simply wouldn't be alive. I've recommended multiple books about this, from Sir David Attenborough's A life on our planet (if you'd like to read it, you can buy a copy here) or Sarah Wilson's This one wild and precious life (if you'd like to read this, you can buy it here. It's my favourite book of all time).

However, not all of our members can afford to make these changes. Some of them are struggling so much financially they are lucky to have one or two meals a day. They aren't at a point where they can choose between plastic or reusable because they are thinking about what they can afford to eat tonight.

We want to do our best to make sure this space is a space for everyone and I want all our members to feel safe. Although I deeply appreciate your passion for the environment, please keep in mind not everyone can participate in making big changes like we can.

I hope you can understand, and also please know none of our content is ever sponsored unless we explicitly say it is. At the moment, we are only running one sponsored deal with Amazon and our Health Insurance and Hearing Aid Comparisons in our newsletters. We do not have a sponsorship or partnership with any corporations, we have remained very clear about this from day one and will always be transparent with our audience if we are ever paid for a piece of content or for featuring a deal.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at [email protected]. I'll happily have a chat to you about this more if you'd like.

Thanks and take care,
Maddie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suzanne rose
Hi @JulianaFr,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I think as with everything we all (as humans) read, should be read with a critical eye. I, much like you, and am extremely passionate about re-useable items, reducing waste etc. To the point I will not have a coffee unless it is in a keep cup OR I'm sitting in the cafe using a mug, because far too many single-use coffee cups go into the red bins and fill up our landfill. In my home, I also use beeswax covers, I don't use plastic wraps like cling-wrap, however, I am also in a privileged position where I can afford to do this. Beeswax covers are more expensive than plastic wrap and there's no doubt about that. Some of our members want to do good, but simply can't afford to and because of this very reason we want to do our best to cater to every one.

The article we wrote this week about plastic wrap did talk about it being a cheap and easy option, but we also added a link to buy eco-friendly wrappers which were beeswax covers. We have also covered the REDCycling news here and we've even written an article about what you can do with your soft plastics now here.

We will continue to promote doing good for our beautiful planet, because without it, we simply wouldn't be alive. I've recommended multiple books about this, from Sir David Attenborough's A life on our planet (if you'd like to read it, you can buy a copy here) or Sarah Wilson's This one wild and precious life (if you'd like to read this, you can buy it here. It's my favourite book of all time).

However, not all of our members can afford to make these changes. Some of them are struggling so much financially they are lucky to have one or two meals a day. They aren't at a point where they can choose between plastic or reusable because they are thinking about what they can afford to eat tonight.

We want to do our best to make sure this space is a space for everyone and I want all our members to feel safe. Although I deeply appreciate your passion for the environment, please keep in mind not everyone can participate in making big changes like we can.

I hope you can understand, and also please know none of our content is ever sponsored unless we explicitly say it is. At the moment, we are only running one sponsored deal with Amazon and our Health Insurance and Hearing Aid Comparisons in our newsletters. We do not have a sponsorship or partnership with any corporations, we have remained very clear about this from day one and will always be transparent with our audience is we are ever paid for a piece of content or for featuring a deal.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at [email protected]. I'll happily have a chat to you about this more if you'd like.

Thanks and take care,
Maddie.
So very well said

• Love
Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
@Suzanne rose Thank you so much, you're so wonderful ❤️ We feel so lucky to have you in our community Suzanne! I'm just trying to make sure everyone feels seen and heard :)
None of you should cop negativity, you all do an amazing job. Abd from the bottom of my heart thank you to all of you ❤ I learnt along time ago you can't please everyone