New health app allows you to access your records on the go! Here’s everything you need to know

For many seniors, managing health and well-being can feel overwhelming.

And keeping on top of your medical records and doctors' details can be a real pain.

But what if we told you that a new government platform is making it easier for everyone to access their medical records in no time?

Gone are the days of having to wait for appointments and digging through your myGov web portal for records – the Australian government has launched a revolutionary new health app that puts a world of medical information right at your fingertips.

The newly launched My Health app aims to simplify the process of accessing health records for users.

HealthNow_Step6.png

The new app allows users to access their health records in one click. Credit: Australian Digital Health Agency.

The app was developed using the My Health Record platform and offers users access to their up-to-date health information from their home screen.

This includes details about medicine use, pathology results, vaccination history, and other information. Additionally, users can easily track allergies, view hospital discharge summaries, and share documents through the app.

The new app is also equipped with an integrated encryption feature to protect users’ data against external interference.

In addition, the app allows authorised users to link multiple records, making it convenient for families with children under the age of 14 or caregivers.

It is important to note that this additional security measure was implemented in response to concerns that arose during the initial launch of the My Health Record platform in 2016.

Many people were hesitant to register out of fear that their medical records could be compromised by hackers.

Despite initial scepticism, the Australian government noticed a growing trend of people trying to access their health records online.

In the 12 months leading up to June 2022, there was a 290 per cent increase in attempts to view health records, with 19.4 million clicks more compared to the previous year.

HealthNow_Step7.png

The app was developed with the user’s needs in mind, which included an additional layer of security for those who fear that hackers would steal their information. Credit: Australian Digital Health Agency.

However, before the My Health app was available, an independent audit of the myGov system revealed a significant lack of efficiency when accessing services and information. Special attention was given to people in need or crisis, as they had the most trouble using the site's digital services.

To address these issues, the developers of the My Health app prioritised the user experience. The Australian Digital Health Agency – the group behind the app – conducted interviews, surveys, and usability testing with medical professionals and members of the public from a range of backgrounds and health needs.

The developers ensured that the user experience was their utmost priority when developing the app, taking into account the feedback received during the testing phase.

‘A modern health system must provide easy access to trusted health information,’ said Amanda Cattermole, the chief executive of the Australian Digital Health Agency.

She also highlighted that the My Health app provides a simple way for users to see, store, and share documents and that the app will continue to be improved to meet users' needs.

Ms Cattermole emphasised the importance of having health information readily available on mobile devices, citing that around 75% of interactions between users and the My Health Record system occurred on mobile devices.

She continued: ‘Having this information right at users' fingertips can help facilitate greater engagement and support throughout the entirety of their health and wellness journey.’

Key Takeaways
  • The federal government has launched a new mobile app - My Health app - to make it easier for people to access their health information.
  • The app lets users check their health records from the home screen including medicine use, pathology results, and vaccination history and can also track their allergies.
  • Data protection and encryption have been integrated into the app from the My Health Record platform to protect the user’s data.
  • An independent audit of the myGov system found significant flaws in how people were attempting to access services and information.

So, members - if you’re looking for a way to make accessing your health information easier than ever, then be sure to check out the new My Health App! You can download the app here.

What are your thoughts on this new app? Is it something you plan to make use of? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
most govt sites now use fingerprint scanning . the app doesn,t have previous history . frankly i love apps

The article says:

“The new app is also equipped with an integrated encryption feature to protect users’ data against external interference.
It is important to note that this additional security measure was implemented in response to concerns that arose during the initial launch of the My Health Record platform in 2016.”

So probably it will be safe to use it!!!

• Haha
Reactions: SandyM
Well I downloaded the app and you have to connect it to you MyGov account. Now there’s were the problems begin. I had to answer the three security questions. I can only answer them with the true answers and all three proved to be wrong! No way would I not know the name of the first street I lived on!! MyGov just sucks

And keeping on top of your medical records and doctors' details can be a real pain.

But what if we told you that a new government platform is making it easier for everyone to access their medical records in no time?

Gone are the days of having to wait for appointments and digging through your myGov web portal for records – the Australian government has launched a revolutionary new health app that puts a world of medical information right at your fingertips.

The newly launched My Health app aims to simplify the process of accessing health records for users.

HealthNow_Step6.png

The new app allows users to access their health records in one click. Credit: Australian Digital Health Agency.

The app was developed using the My Health Record platform and offers users access to their up-to-date health information from their home screen.

This includes details about medicine use, pathology results, vaccination history, and other information. Additionally, users can easily track allergies, view hospital discharge summaries, and share documents through the app.

The new app is also equipped with an integrated encryption feature to protect users’ data against external interference.

In addition, the app allows authorised users to link multiple records, making it convenient for families with children under the age of 14 or caregivers.

It is important to note that this additional security measure was implemented in response to concerns that arose during the initial launch of the My Health Record platform in 2016.

Many people were hesitant to register out of fear that their medical records could be compromised by hackers.

Despite initial scepticism, the Australian government noticed a growing trend of people trying to access their health records online.

In the 12 months leading up to June 2022, there was a 290 per cent increase in attempts to view health records, with 19.4 million clicks more compared to the previous year.

HealthNow_Step7.png

The app was developed with the user’s needs in mind, which included an additional layer of security for those who fear that hackers would steal their information. Credit: Australian Digital Health Agency.

However, before the My Health app was available, an independent audit of the myGov system revealed a significant lack of efficiency when accessing services and information. Special attention was given to people in need or crisis, as they had the most trouble using the site's digital services.

To address these issues, the developers of the My Health app prioritised the user experience. The Australian Digital Health Agency – the group behind the app – conducted interviews, surveys, and usability testing with medical professionals and members of the public from a range of backgrounds and health needs.

The developers ensured that the user experience was their utmost priority when developing the app, taking into account the feedback received during the testing phase.

‘A modern health system must provide easy access to trusted health information,’ said Amanda Cattermole, the chief executive of the Australian Digital Health Agency.

She also highlighted that the My Health app provides a simple way for users to see, store, and share documents and that the app will continue to be improved to meet users' needs.

Ms Cattermole emphasised the importance of having health information readily available on mobile devices, citing that around 75% of interactions between users and the My Health Record system occurred on mobile devices.

She continued: ‘Having this information right at users' fingertips can help facilitate greater engagement and support throughout the entirety of their health and wellness journey.’

Key Takeaways

• The federal government has launched a new mobile app - My Health app - to make it easier for people to access their health information.
  • The app lets users check their health records from the home screen including medicine use, pathology results, and vaccination history and can also track their allergies.
  • Data protection and encryption have been integrated into the app from the My Health Record platform to protect the user’s data.
  • An independent audit of the myGov system found significant flaws in how people were attempting to access services and information.

So, members - if you’re looking for a way to make accessing your health information easier than ever, then be sure to check out the new My Health App! You can download the app here.

What are your thoughts on this new app? Is it something you plan to make use of? Let us know in the comments below!

HealthNow_Step6.png

HealthNow_Step7.png

Key Takeaways

What are your thoughts on this new app? Is it something you plan to make use of? Let us know in the below!
This will go down well with elderly people who have not got and cannot afford a computer or a phone that allows internet access. Many have no idea how to use this type of phone. Did the powers that be ever think those trying to access their information may be computer literate? Many elderly folk are not. Going digital like this is discrimination against the elderly who have never had to learn to be part of the computer/digital age.

Upon downloading the app, I encountered an issue linking it to my MyGov account. It prompted me to answer three security questions, but despite entering what I believed to be the correct answers, they were all marked as incorrect. It's frustrating, especially when I know my own first street name. MyGov's usability leaves much to be desired.