New feature introduced to popular dairy buy at Woolworths – are you eager to try it out?

We all know that Woolworths is always coming out with new and innovative products to make our lives easier.

That’s why as avid shoppers, we here at the SDC always make it a point to stay up-to-date with all of their latest releases. After all, we love nothing more than finding new ways to save time (and money)!

Speaking of new updates from the giant retailer, one eagle-eyed customer has spotted a 'strange' new feature on a popular dairy buy, pointing out that the new detail can provide more convenience to consumers.

The shopper, who took to Twitter to share his discovery, pointed out that some stores sell the Woolworths brand thickened cream bottles with screw-top lids instead of the archaic pull-top lids.

03e9586dfd7696bbb602bf193924b6a8fb593e44-4x3-x0y0w1333h1000.jpg

Instead of the pull-top lids (right), some Woolworths Thickened Cream bottles now have a screw-top lid (left). Credit: Twitter.

This may not seem like a big deal at first glance, but anyone who’s ever purchased this type of cream before knows that this small change can make a huge difference.

Thickened cream with pull-top lids has often been criticised by customers for creating an unnecessary mess.

Meanwhile, the new screw-top lids are a lot more practical and user-friendly. They also produce less trash because there is no need for additional plastic to cover the top after opening.

It should be noted, however, that the new thickened cream containers are only available in specific Woolies stores.

In his post, the shopper asked: 'Why does regional NSW and Victoria get the much more convenient screw top bottle and Sydney gets the garbage pull top lid?'

'As a cream-in-coffee guy, It’s so much more convenient.'

A Woolworths representative has confirmed that a separate supplier is currently manufacturing some screw-top-lidded tubs of thickened cream under its own brand.

The spokesperson explained: 'We’ve taken the time to reach out to our Products Team, who’ve informed us that the reasoning behind this is that they’re made by different suppliers.'

'These different suppliers’ machines have different capabilities in regard to creating the lid portion of the packaging.'

Key Takeaways

• A shopper has noticed that Woolworths has changed the type of lid on its Thickened Cream product in some stores from a pull-top lid to a screw-top lid.
  • Woolworths has confirmed that a different supplier is now producing some of its own brand thickened cream with screw-top lids, but cream featuring the pull-top lids will still be available in some regions.
  • The company says it will take feedback on making the screw-top lids a permanent feature across the whole range into consideration.

Aside from this concern, the spokesperson added that Woolworths would consider customer feedback before permanently implementing screw-top lids across the entire range.

What are your thoughts on this? Better yet, did you notice this new feature on your recent Woolies purchase? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
We all know that Woolworths is always coming out with new and innovative products to make our lives easier.

That’s why as avid shoppers, we here at the SDC always make it a point to stay up-to-date with all of their latest releases. After all, we love nothing more than finding new ways to save time (and money)!

Speaking of new updates from the giant retailer, one eagle-eyed customer has spotted a 'strange' new feature on a popular dairy buy, pointing out that the new detail can provide more convenience to consumers.

The shopper, who took to Twitter to share his discovery, pointed out that some stores sell the Woolworths brand thickened cream bottles with screw-top lids instead of the archaic pull-top lids.

Instead of the pull-top lids (right), some Woolworths Thickened Cream bottles now have a screw-top lid (left). Credit: Twitter.

This may not seem like a big deal at first glance, but anyone who’s ever purchased this type of cream before knows that this small change can make a huge difference.

Thickened cream with pull-top lids has often been criticised by customers for creating an unnecessary mess.

Meanwhile, the new screw-top lids are a lot more practical and user-friendly. They also produce less trash because there is no need for additional plastic to cover the top after opening.

It should be noted, however, that the new thickened cream containers are only available in specific Woolies stores.

In his post, the shopper asked: 'Why does regional NSW and Victoria get the much more convenient screw top bottle and Sydney gets the garbage pull top lid?'

A Woolworths representative has confirmed that a separate supplier is currently manufacturing some screw-top-lidded tubs of thickened cream under its own brand.

The spokesperson explained: 'We’ve taken the time to reach out to our Products Team, who’ve informed us that the reasoning behind this is that they’re made by different suppliers.'

'These different suppliers’ machines have different capabilities in regard to creating the lid portion of the packaging.'

Key Takeaways

• A shopper has noticed that Woolworths has changed the type of lid on its Thickened Cream product in some stores from a pull-top lid to a screw-top lid.
  • Woolworths has confirmed that a different supplier is now producing some of its own brand thickened cream with screw-top lids, but cream featuring the pull-top lids will still be available in some regions.
  • The company says it will take feedback on making the screw-top lids a permanent feature across the whole range into consideration.

Aside from this concern, the spokesperson added that Woolworths would consider customer feedback before permanently implementing screw-top lids across the entire range.

What are your thoughts on this? Better yet, did you notice this new feature on your recent Woolies purchase? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
I buy thickened cream and actually prefer the ring pull or strip and pull caps. I shake the cream up in the container and use a spoon to dish it out into my coffee - the screw tops are too narrow to access in that way. I e never had an issue with “mess” and don’t need extra plastic to cover, just press the top back on.

Reactions: RTS and Ricci
With the lack of grip in my hands, I find the press on lids hard to remove and replace.
I have a gadget to unscrew kids of different size, so I hope my Woolies gets them in time for Christmas.

PS NOT kids, meant lids!

Last edited:
Reactions: RTS and Ricci
What a huge benefit for people like me who have arthritic hands. Hope it comes to all stores.
I do not use cream in anything at all, causes severe heartburn and acid reflux but I still think that the screw cap is a great idea for those who can use cream, hate the silly rip tops on everything they are so difficult to use.

Reactions: Ricci and JayKay

Key Takeaways

It appears to me reading these emails, that everything is aimed at Sydney. The rest of Australia don't seem to exist.

With the lack of grip in my hands, I find the press on lids hard to remove and replace.
I have a gadget to unscrew kids of different size, so I hope my Woolies gets them in time for Christmas.

PS NOT kids, meant lids! s.

Reactions: Ricci