New Biscoff hot cross buns at Woolworths are flying off the shelves—get yours before they're gone!

The humble hot cross bun, a traditional Easter treat, is getting a modern makeover at Woolworths, and shoppers are going wild.

The supermarket giant has teamed up with Lotus Biscoff to create a new, limited edition Indulgent Hot Cross Buns Filled With Biscoff, causing quite a stir.

This is the first time that the Lotus Biscoff spread, a caramelised biscuit spread that has seen a surge in popularity in recent years, will be featured in Woolworths' Easter Hot Cross Bun range.

The unique flavour profile of the Biscoff spread, combined with the classic hot cross bun, promises a taste sensation that's both familiar and excitingly new.

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 7.21.54 AM.png
Hot cross buns and Lotus Biscoff collaborated to create this tasty limited-edition treat. Credit: Woolworths

Woolworths recommended warming up the Indulgent Hot Cross Buns Filled With Biscoff to ensure an oozy, delicious centre that's sure to delight.

Since the new release leaked on social media, Woolworths shoppers and Biscoff fans alike have been buzzing with anticipation.

'Need these now,' one eager shopper commented, while another added, 'Wednesday can't come soon enough.'

The demand is so high that shoppers are urged to make a beeline for their local Woolworths to secure their buns.

Donald Keith, Woolworths Bakery Merchandise Manager and Hot Cross Bun Expert, shared his excitement about the new product.

'This new variety has been hard to keep secret,' he said.

'We love coming up with new flavours each Easter, and I'm confident this one is going to delight our customers.'

This isn't the first time Woolworths has experimented with the classic hot cross bun.

At the end of last year, the supermarket released a limited-edition Fairy Bread Hot Cross Bun and announced the return of the indulgent Cadbury Caramilk Hot Cross Bun, along with its traditional range.

Whittaker’s also just released its latest chocolate block—the Choc Cross Bun bar—which retails for $6.90 in Coles. It has a unique blend of the ‘bold flavours of hot cross buns’ and Whittaker’s signature ‘Creamy Milk’ chocolate.

The hot cross bun is a beloved staple of the Easter season, with Woolworths customers buying two million buns in the first week of their release alone.

During Easter week, the supermarket expects to sell more than 12 million buns.

The Indulgent Hot Cross Buns Filled With Biscoff are available for $5.50 for a 4-pack, but only for a limited time.

They are available in Woolworths supermarkets and Metro stores since its release on Wednesday, 31 January.
Key Takeaways
  • Woolworths has partnered with Lotus Biscoff to introduce a new variety of Hot Cross Buns.
  • The limited edition Indulgent Hot Cross Buns Filled with Biscoff are creating excitement among shoppers ahead of their national in-store release on Wednesday.
  • The new Hot Cross Buns feature the popular Lotus Biscoff spread and are recommended to be enjoyed warm for an oozy centre.
  • They will be sold for a limited time at Woolworths for $5.50 a 4-pack, with expectations of high demand following the success of previous limited-edition flavours.
What's your favourite hot cross bun flavour? Have you tried the new Lotus Biscoff variety? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
Looks like you've got a sweet tooth as well, @Littleboy8 ! 🤣 I love sweets too, but I do my best to eat in moderation (I think?!) LOL
Oh yeah love my sweeties never used to when I was younger though.😊but last 5 years since I came back from tassie I have more time to bake yummy stuff and eat sweeties.🤣I polish off a big block of Cadbury chocolate a fortnight.🙀

Reactions: Jersey Girl
Oh yeah love my sweeties never used to when I was younger though.😊but last 5 years since I came back from tassie I have more time to bake yummy stuff and eat sweeties.🤣I polish off a big block of Cadbury chocolate a fortnight.🙀
Oooh what have you been baking? :eek: Have you shared them with us here? We'd love to see it (and drool hahaha)! :D

I’ve always had a high metabolism like my mum and I can’t put on weight.i also make a fruitcake once a fortnight and eat that also🙀suits me though I don’t want to be a porky 🐷.and no diabetes either.🙀but I do eat veggies and fruit everyday also.

New Biscoff hot cross buns at Woolworths are flying off the shelves—get yours before they're gone!​

They will be flying off the shelves alright....and onto the floor. My response to the Woolies' snub of Australia Day!

Reactions: DLHM
Hang on, how recent was Christmas? Maybe we should be gearing up for all the other things like Mothers Day and Fathers Day right now! When will it all end?

• Haha
Reactions: Veggiepatch
Traditional ones for me. Though I don't mind the pink lady ones from Baker's Delight. I won't buy any of the others. Some are just too weird to even think about, lol.
Don't buy them, don't eat them. Next is the Vegemite and anchovy hot cross bun. Sure to go down well and come up even quicker....

Hang on, how recent was Christmas? Maybe we should be gearing up for all the other things like Mothers Day and Fathers Day right now! When will it all end?
Easter buns in the shops before the kids went back to school. I bet Woolies has their Halloween stuff ordered. Oh, that's ok, that's American.

Nothing exciting just fruit cake and different bikkies mainly anzacs. Nah not posting I’ll leave that to s.r and b.b etc. they do yummy recipes.😍
You would hate my fruit cake I put a small jar of crushed garlic and a jar of ginger in it it’s delicious cuts down the sweetness of the dried fruit.🤣🤣

Reactions: Veggiepatch