Network Ten ends its mid-morning show: ‘We’re all really proud to be part of it’

Network Ten’s flagship mid-morning show, Studio 10, has been entertaining Australians for more than a decade.

However, it is with a heavy heart that the network decided to announce it was axing the show, leaving its viewers shocked.

The show’s team—Angela Bishop, Narelda Jacobs, Tristan MacManus and Daniel Doody—will air its final episode on 22 December.

'It’s a tough day for the whole Studio 10 family because we have loved bringing you the show for the last 10 years,' Bishop said in a video posted to the show’s official online account.

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 8.15.11 AM.png
Studio 10 will not return in 2024. Credit: @Studio10au / YouTube

‘We’re all really proud to be part of it.’

‘To finish up, I’m going to pinch a quote: Don’t cry [because] it’s over, smile because it happened.’

It is believed that the network decided to inform the program’s team of the news around lunchtime on Tuesday, 14 November.

Studio 10 has been a great contributor to Network Ten's daytime program line-up. We would like to sincerely thank all those who have participated in and supported the program over the past decade, and to the millions of viewers who tuned in over that time,’ the Ten spokesperson said.

‘It has been a show that has provided copious amounts of feel-good fun, joy, passion, heart, entertainment, and unforgettable moments all against the backdrop of live television.’

'Although we are sad to be farewelling the program, the decision to cease production of Studio 10 comes after a change in viewing habits in daytime television,' they added.

A ‘new morning line-up’ will be released in 2024, with ‘an increased focus on news and current affairs later in the day’.

'The hosts of Studio 10-–Angela Bishop, Narelda Jacobs, and Tristan MacManus, with special roving reporter Daniel Doody—will remain with the network in different roles, and many of the staff will be redeployed,’ the spokesperson said.

For years, the program had been suffering from declining ratings, which worsened after Sarah Harris, one of the show's most beloved hosts, left to join The Project at the beginning of 2023.

The show also had a huge drop in viewership, with numbers dipping to 10,000 viewers in March 2021-–the lowest in the show’s history.

A Ten spokesperson said that there were no plans of cancelling the program at the time.

Studio 10 is a staple in our daytime program schedule boasting fun, entertaining and engaging content led by a fantastic panel,’ they said in April.

You can watch the announcement here:

Studio 10 had a difficult timeslot to engage audiences. Even with Sarah Harris as one of their hosts, the show only averaged 31,000 viewers in 2022.

Other Network Ten segments and hosts also didn’t make a return.

The Project's former hosts, Carrie Bickmore, Lisa Wilkinson, and Peter Helliar, announced that they would be leaving the show late last year.

Network Ten also axed its morning show slot, 10 News First Breakfast, last year due to its lacklustre ratings, and was later replaced with a lunchtime news program, 10News First: Midday, with news presenter Narelda Jacobs.

Dr Chris Brown had its final season of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!, with Robert Irwin replacing him, and will set to debut for the 2024 season with Julia Morris.

It was also announced last month that Melissa Leong will not return for the new season of Masterchef, months after Jock Zonfrillo’s sudden death. But Andy Allen will still be on the show next year, alongside new judges Poh Ling Yeow, journalist and food critic Sofia Levin, and Michelin Star chef Jean-Christophe Novelli.
Key Takeaways

• Network Ten's Studio 10 has been axed and will air its final episode on December 22 after more than a decade on air.
  • The decision to cease production came after a change in viewing habits in daytime television and dwindling ratings in recent years.
  • The hosts of Studio 10, including Angela Bishop, Narelda Jacobs, Tristan MacManus, and Daniel Doody, will remain with the network in different roles.
  • Network Ten plans to introduce a 'new morning line-up' in 2024, with a greater focus on news and current affairs later in the day.
What do you think about this announcement? Were you an avid viewer of Studio 10? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sponsored
Network Ten’s flagship mid-morning show, Studio 10, has been entertaining Australians for more than a decade.

However, it is with a heavy heart that the network decided to announce it was axing the show, leaving its viewers shocked.

The show’s team—Angela Bishop, Narelda Jacobs, Tristan MacManus and Daniel Doody—will air its final episode on 22 December.

'It’s a tough day for the whole Studio 10 family because we have loved bringing you the show for the last 10 years,' Bishop said in a video posted to the show’s official online account.

View attachment 34768

‘To finish up, I’m going to pinch a quote: Don’t cry [because] it’s over, smile because it happened.’

It is believed that the network decided to inform the program’s team of the news around lunchtime on Tuesday, 14 November.

‘Studio 10 has been a great contributor to Network Ten's daytime program line-up. We would like to sincerely thank all those who have participated in and supported the program over the past decade, and to the millions of viewers who tuned in over that time,’ the Ten spokesperson said.

‘It has been a show that has provided copious amounts of feel-good fun, joy, passion, heart, entertainment, and unforgettable moments all against the backdrop of live television.’

'Although we are sad to be farewelling the program, the decision to cease production of Studio 10 comes after a change in viewing habits in daytime television,' they added.

A ‘new morning line-up’ will be released in 2024, with ‘an increased focus on news and current affairs later in the day’.

'The hosts of Studio 10-–Angela Bishop, Narelda Jacobs, and Tristan MacManus, with special roving reporter Daniel Doody—will remain with the network in different roles, and many of the staff will be redeployed,’ the spokesperson said.

For years, the program had been suffering from declining ratings, which worsened after Sarah Harris, one of the show's most beloved hosts, left to join The Project at the beginning of 2023.

The show also had a huge drop in viewership, with numbers dipping to 10,000 viewers in March 2021-–the lowest in the show’s history.

A Ten spokesperson said that there were no plans of cancelling the program at the time.

‘Studio 10 is a staple in our daytime program schedule boasting fun, entertaining and engaging content led by a fantastic panel,’ they said in April.

Studio 10 had a difficult timeslot to engage audiences. Even with Sarah Harris as one of their hosts, the show only averaged 31,000 viewers in 2022.

The Project's former hosts, Carrie Bickmore, Lisa Wilkinson, and Peter Helliar, announced that they would be leaving the show late last year.

Network Ten also axed its morning show slot, 10 News First Breakfast, last year due to its lacklustre ratings, and was later replaced with a lunchtime news program, 10News First: Midday, with news presenter Narelda Jacobs.

Dr Chris Brown had its final season of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!, with Robert Irwin replacing him, and will set to debut for the 2024 season with Julia Morris.

It was also announced last month that Melissa Leong will not return for the new season of Masterchef, months after Jock Zonfrillo’s sudden death. But Andy Allen will still be on the show next year, alongside new judges Poh Ling Yeow, journalist and food critic Sofia Levin, and Michelin Star chef Jean-Christophe Novelli.

Key Takeaways

• Network Ten's Studio 10 has been axed and will air its final episode on December 22 after more than a decade on air.
  • The decision to cease production came after a change in viewing habits in daytime television and dwindling ratings in recent years.
  • The hosts of Studio 10, including Angela Bishop, Narelda Jacobs, Tristan MacManus, and Daniel Doody, will remain with the network in different roles.
  • Network Ten plans to introduce a 'new morning line-up' in 2024, with a greater focus on news and current affairs later in the day.

What do you think about this announcement? Were you an avid viewer of Studio 10? Let us know in the comments below!

Channels only care about dollars and damn the people. I like 10 and the people. I don't understand streaming (to me a stream is like a creek with water in it.) I'm 81 and don't understand most of the crap people on with. I don't even own a mobile phone because I'm too deaf to use one and my "old faithful" computer is held together with tie wire. ACA has just done a segment about all the tv companies who are taking over. The way it's going there will be no tv for people like me. Reminds me of the days we paid for tv licences.

View attachment 34768

‘Studio 10 has been a great contributor to Network Ten's daytime program line-up. We would like to sincerely thank all those who have participated in and supported the program over the past decade, and to the millions of viewers who tuned in over that time,’ the Ten spokesperson said.

‘Studio 10 is a staple in our daytime program schedule boasting fun, entertaining and engaging content led by a fantastic panel,’ they said in April.

Key Takeaways

Never could take to Tristan, Narelda or Daniel. Nor could i handle Denise Scott - she was SO ANNOYING! Also stopped watching it after Joe, ita, Kerrie-Anne & Ding Dong left and Johno had died.
All the fun was gone from the show replaced by ego and boringness. So I am NOT GOING TO MISS IT!! It was well past it's used by date.

Channels only care about dollars and damn the people. I like 10 and the people. I don't understand streaming (to me a stream is like a creek with water in it.) I'm 81 and don't understand most of the crap people on with. I don't even own a mobile phone because I'm too deaf to use one and my "old faithful" computer is held together with tie wire. ACA has just done a segment about all the tv companies who are taking over. The way it's going there will be no tv for people like me. Reminds me of the days we paid for tv licences.
Those were the days.
Our early days were spend listening to the radio. Didn't get a TV until I was in high school.
Green Bottle was the favourite for us kids. I wonder how many of our SDC friends recall that show.

Never liked Studio 10 not a good format presenters a pain

View attachment 34768

Key Takeaways

Reactions: Leenie
Those were the days.
Our early days were spend listening to the radio. Didn't get a TV until I was in high school.
Green Bottle was the favourite for us kids. I wonder how many of our SDC friends recall that show.
Only by reading and hearing about Greenbottle in documentaries. Wasn't it about a bunch of schoolboys?

TV isn't worth watching anymore,,,,so many stupid reality shows,,can't stand them,,,,and way to many repeats and 100 year old shows,,ha ha,,well not quite but almost,,,they have the cheek to say a whole new series of "such and such" and you think that would be good then the show starts ,,,no not a new series,

View attachment 34768

Key Takeaways

Make room for more American rubbish

Those were the days.
yes we went through those days with the radio on, we got a TV when the Olympics were on I think it was, it was a little screen and of course nothing but black and white in those days....loved the Mickey Mouse Club and also the Lone Ranger plus Wagon Train, Jet Jackson, Sea Hunt, Maverick, Robin Hood, Disneyland, oh the list goes on....wonderful entertainment for us young minds of the day. 🤣😂😉

now the question is: how are people going to see all those 'as seen on TV' infomercials?

yes we went through those days with the radio on, we got a TV when the Olympics were on I think it was, it was a little screen and of course nothing but black and white in those days....loved the Mickey Mouse Club and also the Lone Ranger plus Wagon Train, Jet Jackson, Sea Hunt, Maverick, Robin Hood, Disneyland, oh the list goes on....wonderful entertainment for us young minds of the day. 🤣😂😉
OMG you are taking me back.
Hi Ho Silver Away!!!!
Believe it or not, we used to catch the bus into town and stand outside the window of a Retravision store to watch the TV they left on after they closed. The Lone Ranger was one of the chosen.
My husband often talks of Crusader Rabbit as his childhood favourite. I remember Fearless Fly ... his wings were like a shield of steel.
There wasn't much to deal with in the way of inappropriate viewing in those days. I only recall good wholesome viewing.

View attachment 34768

Key Takeaways

Never watched it

OMG you are taking me back.
Hi Ho Silver Away!!!!
Believe it or not, we used to catch the bus into town and stand outside the window of a Retravision store to watch the TV they left on after they closed. The Lone Ranger was one of the chosen.
My husband often talks of Crusader Rabbit as his childhood favourite. I remember Fearless Fly ... his wings were like a shield of steel.
There wasn't much to deal with in the way of inappropriate viewing in those days. I only recall good wholesome viewing.
Most of the shows these days are bordering on porn ,sickening some of the rubbish they show ,bring back the wholesome viewing as Maria G mentioned ,I am happy 😃 to curl up with a good book these days .

Reactions: MariaG and magpie1
I think that Narelda and Tristan are two of the best on TV morning shows. I missed it when it only started at 10 am. The only trouble I found was that there are too many advs on TV and that goes for all Commercial Chanels. EG. When you are watching a 30 minute show we really only see about 10 minutes, by the time they show what happened before and then what happens next.

Reactions: magpie1

View attachment 34768

Key Takeaways

I was in at the start, the wonderful Denise etc. sadly I agree that it was in a downward Trent, becoming rather childish and silly. Plus it seemed that there were more and more adds , will miss the crew at their best though

Seriously, who watches WOKE free to air TV anymore? BTW the Government should sell off the ABC and SBS. Why are we paying $2,000,000,000 to support these super woke stations on the air when free to air has the same BS and costs you nothing?

• Love