Natalie Barr spills the beans on Karl Stefanovic’s secret and reveals behind-the-scenes details!

As we know, television can often show a different reality from what goes on behind the scenes. And every now and then, our favourite on-screen rivals reveal unexpected camaraderie, leaving us surprised and amused.

Recently, Channel 7 Sunrise star Natalie Barr and her breakfast TV competitor, Karl Stefanovic from Channel 9's Today Show, found themselves face to face during a radio appearance on Nova's Ricki-Lee, Tim and Joel show. As Karl was filling in for Joel Creasey that day, the audience was in for a thrilling shock when Natalie appeared as a guest.

1683875175853.png
Natalie Barr and Karl Stefanovic. Source: 7news.com.au

The two TV anchors faced off in a game of Quick Draw, trying to outdo each other with witty remarks. 'What's your name again?' Nat playfully quipped, as Karl responded, 'It's not easy looking at each other and being such fierce competitors. Look at the daggers.'

However, the jocular tone took a serious turn when Nat addressed the rumours of a 'TV war' between them. She assured the audience that the two actually don't mind each other in real life, putting an end to speculations. Despite the light-hearted ribbing, there's a hint of respect and admiration among the competitors.

That being said, the conversation soon led to some juicy details of life at Sunrise. Tim Blackwell brought up a 2011 video of the Sunrise crew performing the Black Eyed Peas' hit song 'Where is the Love?', leaving the show's host Ricki-Lee Coulter in disbelief. Natalie laughed and revealed that the embarrassing video is the main reason she has turned down invitations to join Dancing With the Stars.

Peeking Into The Quirky World Of Breakfast Television​

While watching the video, Ricki-Lee praised Mark 'Beretts' Beretta's energy, to which Nat joked that he 'fakes it really well’. Quickly correcting herself, she confirmed that Mark is indeed an energetic and upbeat person. As for behind-the-scenes tidbits, Nat explained her early morning routine before Sunrise kicks off at 5:30 AM: 'I drive myself, and I have one coffee that I make myself and drink on the way in,' she said of her 'go-to' beverage.

In response to Ricki-Lee's curiosity about the harder aspects female TV hosts face, Nat delved into her own experience: 'Well, I get up at 2.45 am. I’m there at 3.30,' she shared, leaving the men on air shocked. Furthermore, she detailed her hour-long hair and makeup routine that starts at 4.10 am and discussed the challenges of selecting outfits for the show.

The rapport between the competing TV anchors and the glimpse behind the curtain has provided a fresh appreciation for our favourite morning TV personalities. The fun banter and candid revelations give us a chance to see the human side of these stars and the realities they face before entertaining us each morning.

Key Takeaways

• Breakfast TV competitors Natalie Barr and Karl Stefanovic recently appeared on Nova’s Ricki-Lee, Tim and Joel show and engaged in a friendly banter about their 'rivalry'.
  • Both TV anchors denied a genuine rivalry between them, jokingly sharing their hate for each other.
  • The conversation shifted towards life at Sunrise, with Natalie Barr revealing her morning routine and appreciation for her job.
  • The TV hosts also discussed the differences in morning preparations for men and women in the industry, with the women agreeing that it requires more time and effort for them.
What do you think of this story? Are you a fan or Karl or Nat? Do you have a favourite? Let us know in the comments section below.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Shane/#
Sponsored
As we know, television can often show a different reality from what goes on behind the scenes. And every now and then, our favourite on-screen rivals reveal unexpected camaraderie, leaving us surprised and amused.

Recently, Channel 7 Sunrise star Natalie Barr and her breakfast TV competitor, Karl Stefanovic from Channel 9's Today Show, found themselves face to face during a radio appearance on Nova's Ricki-Lee, Tim and Joel show. As Karl was filling in for Joel Creasey that day, the audience was in for a thrilling shock when Natalie appeared as a guest.

View attachment 19720

The two TV anchors faced off in a game of Quick Draw, trying to outdo each other with witty remarks. 'What's your name again?' Nat playfully quipped, as Karl responded, 'It's not easy looking at each other and being such fierce competitors. Look at the daggers.'

However, the jocular tone took a serious turn when Nat addressed the rumours of a 'TV war' between them. She assured the audience that the two actually don't mind each other in real life, putting an end to speculations. Despite the light-hearted ribbing, there's a hint of respect and admiration among the competitors.

That being said, the conversation soon led to some juicy details of life at Sunrise. Tim Blackwell brought up a 2011 video of the Sunrise crew performing the Black Eyed Peas' hit song 'Where is the Love?', leaving the show's host Ricki-Lee Coulter in disbelief. Natalie laughed and revealed that the embarrassing video is the main reason she has turned down invitations to join Dancing With the Stars.

While watching the video, Ricki-Lee praised Mark 'Beretts' Beretta's energy, to which Nat joked that he 'fakes it really well’. Quickly correcting herself, she confirmed that Mark is indeed an energetic and upbeat person. As for behind-the-scenes tidbits, Nat explained her early morning routine before Sunrise kicks off at 5:30 AM: 'I drive myself, and I have one coffee that I make myself and drink on the way in,' she said of her 'go-to' beverage.

In response to Ricki-Lee's curiosity about the harder aspects female TV hosts face, Nat delved into her own experience: 'Well, I get up at 2.45 am. I’m there at 3.30,' she shared, leaving the men on air shocked. Furthermore, she detailed her hour-long hair and makeup routine that starts at 4.10 am and discussed the challenges of selecting outfits for the show.

The rapport between the competing TV anchors and the glimpse behind the curtain has provided a fresh appreciation for our favourite morning TV personalities. The fun banter and candid revelations give us a chance to see the human side of these stars and the realities they face before entertaining us each morning.

Key Takeaways

• Breakfast TV competitors Natalie Barr and Karl Stefanovic recently appeared on Nova’s Ricki-Lee, Tim and Joel show and engaged in a friendly banter about their 'rivalry'.
  • Both TV anchors denied a genuine rivalry between them, jokingly sharing their hate for each other.
  • The conversation shifted towards life at Sunrise, with Natalie Barr revealing her morning routine and appreciation for her job.
  • The TV hosts also discussed the differences in morning preparations for men and women in the industry, with the women agreeing that it requires more time and effort for them.
What do you think of this story? Are you a fan or Karl or Nat? Do you have a favourite? Let us know in the comments section below.
Not a fan of either Karl is full of 💩and Nat needs to go back and do the news

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I prefer Karl, he can at times be a real drop kick but is honest and not fake.. I have now stopped up watching both shows as I don't like Brooke(Today) ,she is very over-rated and am no longer a fan of Kochie, I once considered him a breath of fresh air, not now.. So both shows have good and bad points but recently I have found they are both boring and repetitive.

Reactions: Jarred Santos

View attachment 19720

Key Takeaways

Morning tv is now in the gutter, can't stand either show. So I watch the ABC even though it was better when Virginia Trioll was there. channel 7 & 9 are full of self opiniated presenters who consistently interrupt their guests when they don't get the answer they want

Morning tv is now in the gutter, can't stand either show. So I watch the ABC even though it was better when Virginia Trioll was there. channel 7 & 9 are full of self opiniated presenters who consistently interrupt their guests when they don't get the answer they want
As much as I love lively conversations, this is also something I will never ever get behind :LOL: It would be nice if they let the speaker finish!