Talking of food, I can't stop buying the stuff. The pantry is full, my fridge is full, the upright freezer I share with my next door housemate is half chockers with fish, chicken, lamb, beef, seafood, etc. Enough for three months minimum. Women buying shoes have nothing on me!
Is that your norm? I do that to , stocking up to the fullest

Reactions: Veggiepatch
Is that your norm? I do that to , stocking up to the fullest
Since I gave up the grog, food is my new habit....cooking then eating it!

Now I have resurrected an old hobby. T shirt design and printing. It used to be old school stencil cutting and silk screening. Now it's computer generated designs and using transfer papers. Tomorrow I'm going to get a new printer and packets of transfer paper for a few hundred dollars. Most of my t shirts will be expectedly controversial, such as "WHO THE FUCK IS TAYLOR SWIFT", "I'M NOT RACIST! I HATE EVERYBODY EQUALLY", "DO I LOOK LIKE A TOBACCONIST...BUY YOUR OWN CIGARETTES!" and "FREE PALESTINE? WHO WOULD PAY FOR IT?".

I've already stocked up on light coloured t shirts.

Homemade Tabbouleh

ThIs is such an easy and delicious salad full of nutrients.
Perfect on wraps, sandwiches and rolls or as a side dish

View attachment 37637

Ingredients

1/2 cup burghul
2 cups loosely packed flat leaf parsley finely chopped (see notes)
3 medium tomatoes 🍅 chopped finely
1 red / purple onion finely chopped
1 cup of mint finely chopped
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil

Method.

1. Cover Burghul with cold water , leave 10 minutesuntil it softens. Drain in a strainer to remove excess water.

2. In a bowl combine parsley, mint,onion and tomatoes, add burghul.

3 . Add the lemon juice and oil and gently mix well.

4. Cover and keep refrigerated. Will last up to 5 days.
View attachment 37639

Notes

1. You can half the recipe or double

2. I used a food processor to chop everything.
View attachment 37638

3. I also use most of the parsley stalk , that's where a lot of nutrients are. But I use a food processor.

4. 3 cups of parsley is equal to the large bunch you find in big fruit shops or 8 small bunches.

Parsley is so easy to grow so better from your own garden.
I enjoy wraps & this is a real treat for this. Thankyou again.

Reactions: Suzanne rose

Creamy Cajun chicken pasta salad​

• 15m prep
  • 20m cook
  • 4 servings
creamy-cajun-chicken-pasta-salad-154932-2.jpg
Recipe by taste

Ingredients
  • 160g (2/3 cup) Mayonnaise

• 2 tbsp crème fraîche

• 2 tsp chipotle sauce

• 1 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning

• 300g penne pasta

• 500g s Chicken Breast fillets

• 1 tbsp olive oil

• 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, chopped

• 1 small green capsicum, deseeded, chopped

• 2 green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced

• Fresh continental parsley leaves, to serve

Method

• Step 1
    Combine the mayonnaise, crème fraîche, chipotle sauce and 1 tablespoon seasoning in a large serving bowl.

• Step 2
    Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain and refresh under cold running water.

• Step 3
    Meanwhile, place the remaining 2 teaspoons seasoning on a plate. Add the chicken and press to coat.

Step 4
    Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 6 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest before slicing.

Step 5
    Add the pasta, capsicum and half the chicken and half the shallot to the mayonnaise mixture. Toss to combine. Top with the remaining chicken and shallot. Season and scatter over parsley to serve.

Easy Chicken Pasta Salad​

[IMG alt="Suzanne rose"]https://seniorsdiscountclub.com.au/data/avatars/s/33/33177.jpg?1700342660[/IMG]
By Suzanne rose
  • Thursday at 9:49 PM
  • Replies 0
This one is so easy to make and can be served as a side or main meal
Screenshot_20231219_070254_Gallery.jpg

INGREDIENTS
  • 350g broccoli, cut into small florets, stems cut into matchsticks

• 300g dried curly fettuccine pasta

• 1⁄2 barbecued chicken, skin and bones removed, meat coarsely shredded

• 150g Garlic & Herbs cream cheese ( see picture below)

• 125g (3⁄4 cup) sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
METHOD

Step 1
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the broccoli to a bowl. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook following packet directions or until al dente
Step 2
While the pasta cooks, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, broccoli, cheese and tomato. Use a ladle to transfer 250ml (1 cup) pasta cooking water to the chicken mixture. Stir until the cheese melts. Continue to cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Step 3
Drain the pasta and add to the broccoli mixture. Toss until well combined. Season

RECIPE NOTES​

• Curly pasta loves a saucy dish! The sauce grips nicely to the pasta ridges
  • Can’t find herb n Garlic cream cheese? Replace it with 150g chopped cream cheese and 2 crushed garlic cloves (or to taste).

Reactions: Ezzy