Mum's X-rated dinosaur cake fail goes viral - and the internet can't get enough

Let's admit it, we've all experienced this - you see an item that you like, you read the description, you add it to your cart, and you wait patiently for it to arrive. But when it does, it's not what you wanted.

It's so disappointing when you order something online and it's not what you expected. Sure, some of us can request a refund or product exchange, but for others, they're stuck with the item for good, making them feel like they've wasted their money.

Such has been the case for one mum whose social media post has recently gone viral after she revealed that a baker mishandled her request for a dinosaur-inspired design for her son's first birthday cake, sending her a cake that looked more like a "spotted male appendage" and leaving her out of pocket $88.

Sharing the mishap on Facebook, the mum said that she was inspired by a photo of a dinosaur-themed cake in the shape of the number one that she saw on social media and asked an independent baker to recreate the look. However, when the dessert was delivered to her, the cake looked nothing like the reference photo that she sent.

What's worse is that the baker refused to give the mum a refund when she raised the issue about the cake.

"What I got for my son's first birthday vs what I asked for… they refused a refund because "it was her version of the cake"," the mum wrote along with the reference photo and a photo of the actual cake she received.

ReMReNpgo1CxsABfDIiQjYQm6X02TDULKzdVGpDqprutb1nOyT6DGi0eoVO8PlyBLq1QjteIh9emNILUzp8aUyzwpV5bJ3iuaAId-cm1aU08eCPVL24wsh7Z1-RxNzu68LnZHxRMHTJ4cILbew
TuqqBeEQe4DKgzsIeZpRhkEFV89hGmGIlp3seYRgCYZJXhvPOR2o1EB9tXKzQ-3152PdbdZYMQSoBDfxKkVisqMJh9m7YHGEirLFygnVVccP4dk3Q4N2rFK4BY1pbVUCqp9rwr82HVNU-nHrqg

The reference photo (left) and a photo of the actual cake the mum received (right). Credit: Facebook.

The mum also said that she ordered 50 matching cupcakes along with the cake, costing her $88 altogether.

She shared: "The cupcakes were somewhat acceptable but the cake looked 'smashed' and hardly resembled a '1'."

While the mum wasn't pleased with the cake and refund refusal, she got a good giggle out of the mix-up.

The post also captured the attention of hundreds of users, with many making light-hearted jokes to comfort the mum.

One user wrote: "Her version doesn't look very appropriate, tell them you ain't serving a loch ness-wiener at your son's party."

"Exactly my thoughts. She knew that cake looked real dino-wiener when she sent it out," another added.

A third said: "I'm sorry, but this made LOL so hard. I would have called the police myself on her for making a p***s looking cake for a 1-year-old."

"I can't believe that!! So, that's her version of the #1??? That's complete BS." another pointed out.

And another chimed in: "Well we all know where her mind was!"

While we pity the mum for spending money on a cake that didn’t quite live up to expectations, we must admit that we find this story hilarious. Let's just say it can be a good story to tell to your kid once they're old enough to understand the humour behind the mishap. (wink)

How about you? What are your thoughts on this fiasco? Share them with us in the comments below!

• Angry
Reactions: Ezzy, Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
Let's admit it, we've all experienced this - you see an item that you like, you read the description, you add it to your cart, and you wait patiently for it to arrive. But when it does, it's not what you wanted.

It's so disappointing when you order something online and it's not what you expected. Sure, some of us can request a refund or product exchange, but for others, they're stuck with the item for good, making them feel like they've wasted their money.

Such has been the case for one mum whose social media post has recently gone viral after she revealed that a baker mishandled her request for a dinosaur-inspired design for her son's first birthday cake, sending her a cake that looked more like a "spotted male appendage" and leaving her out of pocket $88.

Sharing the mishap on Facebook, the mum said that she was inspired by a photo of a dinosaur-themed cake in the shape of the number one that she saw on social media and asked an independent baker to recreate the look. However, when the dessert was delivered to her, the cake looked nothing like the reference photo that she sent.

What's worse is that the baker refused to give the mum a refund when she raised the issue about the cake.

"What I got for my son's first birthday vs what I asked for… they refused a refund because "it was her version of the cake"," the mum wrote along with the reference photo and a photo of the actual cake she received.

ReMReNpgo1CxsABfDIiQjYQm6X02TDULKzdVGpDqprutb1nOyT6DGi0eoVO8PlyBLq1QjteIh9emNILUzp8aUyzwpV5bJ3iuaAId-cm1aU08eCPVL24wsh7Z1-RxNzu68LnZHxRMHTJ4cILbew
TuqqBeEQe4DKgzsIeZpRhkEFV89hGmGIlp3seYRgCYZJXhvPOR2o1EB9tXKzQ-3152PdbdZYMQSoBDfxKkVisqMJh9m7YHGEirLFygnVVccP4dk3Q4N2rFK4BY1pbVUCqp9rwr82HVNU-nHrqg

The reference photo (left) and a photo of the actual cake the mum received (right). Credit: Facebook.

The mum also said that she ordered 50 matching cupcakes along with the cake, costing her $88 altogether.

She shared: "The cupcakes were somewhat acceptable but the cake looked 'smashed' and hardly resembled a '1'."

While the mum wasn't pleased with the cake and refund refusal, she got a good giggle out of the mix-up.

The post also captured the attention of hundreds of users, with many making light-hearted jokes to comfort the mum.

One user wrote: "Her version doesn't look very appropriate, tell them you ain't serving a loch ness-wiener at your son's party."

"Exactly my thoughts. She knew that cake looked real dino-wiener when she sent it out," another added.

A third said: "I'm sorry, but this made LOL so hard. I would have called the police myself on her for making a p***s looking cake for a 1-year-old."

"I can't believe that!! So, that's her version of the #1??? That's complete BS." another pointed out.

While we pity the mum for spending money on a cake that didn’t quite live up to expectations, we must admit that we find this story hilarious. Let's just say it can be a good story to tell to your kid once they're old enough to understand the humour behind the mishap. (wink)

How about you? What are your thoughts on this fiasco? Share them with us in the comments below!
Absolutely disgusting. I would be too embarrassed delivering a number 1 cake looking like this.It looks like a kid slapped it together. 😡

Ok so it doesn’t much resemble a 1, but it’s certainly not like a penis!!

A refund was in order as it was not what she ordered and she did not order a "bakers version" which may have been okay if the baker had misinterpreted a verbal instruction but she had been given a photo no excuses.

I'd want my money back, because it doesn't look like a penis and it doesn't look like a number one. It looks like a child made it not a baker. Definately not worth $88.

A refund? I believe asking for this cake to be remade as requested wouldn't be unreasonable. I am sure she wouldn't have asked them for their interpretations of how a number should look like. For an all up total of $88.00 l would expect recourse.

This is why I made all my own cakes for my children and now for my grandchildren, I can do a much better job than a cake shop can.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
That cake is absolutely stupid, I do cake decorating & I can tell the difference. When someone orders a cake they GET what they ordered NO problems.
This is my site to see what I mean. :-

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci