Mum's thoughtful post-vasectomy 'care package' for husband goes viral on TikTok

These days, more and more men of all ages are undergoing vasectomies.

Some see it as a way to lessen their environmental impact; they reason that by having fewer children, there will be less overpopulation and resource deficiency.

For others, it's about having a greater say in how they manage their contraception. They also want to be supportive of their partners, who frequently have to put up with invasive procedures and hormone manipulation for years.

The idea of getting the snip has never been more normalised.

That is probably why some women, in response, are also going out of their ways to be supportive of their partners who decided to undergo such a procedure.

Such is the case of Natalie Chard from the UK, who recently sparked controversy on social media after making a vasectomy 'care package' for her husband.

jmaB8Lz6dAqRe1IoTZA50MVAfTh12E40uZQ2QMZ5SPv7UBaghS9NG0kYRmaf-UKZZgQI450_n82x7W4cT3V0K-nIyZEDD-U-lf0bYR7sR2-fZ5HA1haen_v8XDabv03bsNr6f-b4YwvbebDrdPc

Natalie's care box for her husband didn't go over well with some, while others found it amusing. Credit: TikTok/nataliechard.

Natalie is a mum of four, which makes her family quite a big one already. That is why she and her husband, Mike, have decided that they have had enough children.

Therefore, Mike went ahead and had the vasectomy procedure done.

In a recently posted TikTok video that has now garnered over 3.8 million views, Natalie was seen putting together a 'care package' for Mike following his operation. 'Come pack my husband's vasectomy care package with me!' she said in the video, with the caption: 'Our baby-making days are over!'

It included 'No more babies' Jelly Babies, 'No Nuts' Jaffa Donuts, 'Vasectomy' Club chocolate bars and 'Your poor nuts' Ginger Nut biscuits.

Some things were clearly put in for laughs, but others, like orange 'juice no seeds' and a packet of ibuprofen, looked like they could be useful after the procedure.

Much to Natalie's surprise, not everyone saw the humour in her video. Some users assumed that the husband was 'forced' to have the procedure done and that it was not his decision.

'I hope it was his choice…' one user wrote in the comments.

Natalie responded by saying, 'It's his choice! I love my husband and I wanted to treat him.'

Thankfully, most people were supportive of the couple's decision. Some men even admitted that they are looking forward to getting a 'care package' as well from their partners.

'If I don't get a care package like that, I'm going to be really disappointed,' joked one person in the comments.

Patients will have some swelling, soreness, and bruising after a vasectomy, but these side effects typically go away within a few days.

For a faster recovery, they should rest as much as they can during the first couple of days. After those, they should be able to get back to most of their daily activities without too much trouble or pain.

We bet the husband appreciated the care package from his wife! What do you think, folks?

Sponsored
Lighten up folk, this was obviously thought out. presumably she knows her husband well enough to know that he would take her gestures in the tongue in cheek way she intended them. I know my hubby would have appreciated something like this, I'm just kicking myself for not thinking of it!:)

That’s funny! 🤣 Don’t understand why anyone would be critical.
What I don't understand is why anyone felt the need to put this on TikTok to start with. A little private joke between partners is one thing. But why people feel the need to put every intimate detail of their life on social media is quite another.

Last edited:
These days, more and more men of all ages are undergoing vasectomies.

Some see it as a way to lessen their environmental impact; they reason that by having fewer children, there will be less overpopulation and resource deficiency.

For others, it's about having a greater say in how they manage their contraception. They also want to be supportive of their partners, who frequently have to put up with invasive procedures and hormone manipulation for years.

The idea of getting the snip has never been more normalised.

That is probably why some women, in response, are also going out of their ways to be supportive of their partners who decided to undergo such a procedure.

Such is the case of Natalie Chard from the UK, who recently sparked controversy on social media after making a vasectomy 'care package' for her husband.

jmaB8Lz6dAqRe1IoTZA50MVAfTh12E40uZQ2QMZ5SPv7UBaghS9NG0kYRmaf-UKZZgQI450_n82x7W4cT3V0K-nIyZEDD-U-lf0bYR7sR2-fZ5HA1haen_v8XDabv03bsNr6f-b4YwvbebDrdPc

Natalie's care box for her husband didn't go over well with some, while others found it amusing. Credit: TikTok/nataliechard.

Natalie is a mum of four, which makes her family quite a big one already. That is why she and her husband, Mike, have decided that they have had enough children.

Therefore, Mike went ahead and had the vasectomy procedure done.

In a recently posted TikTok video that has now garnered over 3.8 million views, Natalie was seen putting together a 'care package' for Mike following his operation. 'Come pack my husband's vasectomy care package with me!' she said in the video, with the caption: 'Our baby-making days are over!'

It included 'No more babies' Jelly Babies, 'No Nuts' Jaffa Donuts, 'Vasectomy' Club chocolate bars and 'Your poor nuts' Ginger Nut biscuits.

Some things were clearly put in for laughs, but others, like orange 'juice no seeds' and a packet of ibuprofen, looked like they could be useful after the procedure.

Much to Natalie's surprise, not everyone saw the humour in her video. Some users assumed that the husband was 'forced' to have the procedure done and that it was not his decision.

'I hope it was his choice…' one user wrote in the comments.

Natalie responded by saying, 'It's his choice! I love my husband and I wanted to treat him.'

Thankfully, most people were supportive of the couple's decision. Some men even admitted that they are looking forward to getting a 'care package' as well from their partners.

'If I don't get a care package like that, I'm going to be really disappointed,' joked one person in the comments.

Patients will have some swelling, soreness, and bruising after a vasectomy, but these side effects typically go away within a few days.

For a faster recovery, they should rest as much as they can during the first couple of days. After those, they should be able to get back to most of their daily activities without too much trouble or pain.

We bet the husband appreciated the care package from his wife! What do you think, folks?

NO care package. I didn’t want him planting his seed with anyone else. If he wanted me and only 2
kids then he needed to do his fair share😉but of course he hadn’t even got half way to his fair share😃oh the pain of it all🤗

Reactions: Ricci