Mums share SIMPLE HACKS for preventing grease and sauce on the stove splashback while cooking

Stove top cooking can be a real challenge when it comes to avoiding a mess. Whether you're cooking up a storm for a dinner party or simply trying to whip up a quick meal for yourself, grease and sauce can easily make a mess of your stove.

If you're looking for tips on how to effectively prevent making a mess while cooking messy meals, then we've got good news for you!

Aussie mums have taken to social media to share their little-known techniques for shielding tiled kitchen splashbacks against grease and sauce spills.

A Queensland home cook explained in a Facebook post how she keeps her splashback clean by taping a piece of foil or baking paper to it.

"I have never had white tiles so close to the stovetop. The splash factor is driving me crazy," she shared.

"This is my hack for cooking and not getting splashback tiles and grout dirty. Baking paper or foil taped to tiles."

BlEAX2bcYT7E8goPDms2E7JAif0Wgd0keSfByfT_cmjpks2t606mz9dStIeaEk52ykiWCkOsiwenjQBQFb6TEf2vc0eHK2BSi5epE5GV0jJA7wY8GNOkYkJ4zx5I9ndOhJPNrZ4j_Em9nu13fg

The Queensland mum advised taping a piece of foil or baking paper to the splashback to keep it clean while cooking. Credit: Facebook.

The post has prompted other home cooks to share their tips for keeping splashbacks looking like new.

One woman suggested a splatter shield similar to the $7 model she had just purchased from Ikea.

Another mum backed the claim, calling the kitchen purchase the "greatest innovation."

A third claimed to have been shielding her marble fish-scale tiles with a foil screen she bought from Amazon.

Other home cooks shared their hacks which use unconventional items, claiming that one does not need fancy equipment to do the job.

One user suggested: "I use a baking tray. Stand upright against the tiles. Easy to clean food and good for the environment."

"Get a piece of plywood from Bunnings and tape some foil around it. Every time you have to fry just put the board behind the cooker. This way you save using too much parchment paper," another added.

A third advised: "Our tiles are 14+ years old and look as good as the day they were put in. I just wipe them over with lavender spray and wipe or Windex surface spray."

"Once a fortnight I give the tiles one good wash using a bar of Velvet Pure soap from the laundry section. Wipe with a clean cloth and clean water. Comes up super duper. It is the best degreaser."

QJ0J8ErDjvw1pxFHhuSvFClscMRpQmKU4DVkhy2ltq3PFvqWoFCRAoWTAdiNEIo7J7SJc9QTmFapYmLQaMHzWIXsvyVPnCMhg1fEduJABZzBxoVbsn8wJvADr6M83LwEOAnQa38Qx4u106TslQ

Another user said she uses a foil screen from Amazon to protect the kitchen tiles from spills. Credit: Facebook.

More tips include covering the pots with foil to avoid having to scrub the oil off the burner and keeping the lids on as much as possible when cooking.

One user also suggested wrapping the tiles with cling wrap, saying that the wraps attach easily to the surface.

However, one person warned against this, pointing out that cling wrap could melt if it’s too close to a heating element.

"Enduroshield tiles and grout treatment! Look for your local certified applicator, you won't regret it. Don't do the DIY kits though," another person suggested.

We would also like to take this opportunity to share a few recommendations to help you keep your stovetop in tip-top condition:

1. Wipe up any spills immediately. The longer they sit, the harder they will be to clean.

2. Use a stove liner. This will help to protect your stove from any major spills or messes.

3. Be careful when cooking with oil. It can easily splatter and make a mess.

4. Clean your stove regularly. This will help to prevent any build-up of grease and sauce.

So, there you have it, folks! Will you give these tips a go? Better yet, do you know other tricks for preventing grease and sauces from spilling to the stovetop? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Surely the point of a splashback is to catch splashes! Just wipe it along with your stovetop after cooking. Gosh, we make things so complicated.
You are missing the point! If your splashback is the same as the countertop material and in ONE piece..that's great..just wipe/ wash down.
It's when you have tiles(of any size) as the splashback...THEN it's the grout that gets dirty and dark from splattered grease/food etc.

I use Barkeepers Friend for cleaning my stove, splash, bath, shower, basin, laundry and anything else that needs cleaning. Not my floors though as there timber. You can purchase it from Coles or Woolworths and it’s cheap.

Stove top cooking can be a real challenge when it comes to avoiding a mess. Whether you're cooking up a storm for a dinner party or simply trying to whip up a quick meal for yourself, grease and sauce can easily make a mess of your stove.

If you're looking for tips on how to effectively prevent making a mess while cooking messy meals, then we've got good news for you!

Aussie mums have taken to social media to share their little-known techniques for shielding tiled kitchen splashbacks against grease and sauce spills.

A Queensland home cook explained in a Facebook post how she keeps her splashback clean by taping a piece of foil or baking paper to it.

"I have never had white tiles so close to the stovetop. The splash factor is driving me crazy," she shared.

"This is my hack for cooking and not getting splashback tiles and grout dirty. Baking paper or foil taped to tiles."

BlEAX2bcYT7E8goPDms2E7JAif0Wgd0keSfByfT_cmjpks2t606mz9dStIeaEk52ykiWCkOsiwenjQBQFb6TEf2vc0eHK2BSi5epE5GV0jJA7wY8GNOkYkJ4zx5I9ndOhJPNrZ4j_Em9nu13fg

The Queensland mum advised taping a piece of foil or baking paper to the splashback to keep it clean while cooking. Credit: Facebook.

The post has prompted other home cooks to share their tips for keeping splashbacks looking like new.

One woman suggested a splatter shield similar to the $7 model she had just purchased from Ikea.

Another mum backed the claim, calling the kitchen purchase the "greatest innovation."

A third claimed to have been shielding her marble fish-scale tiles with a foil screen she bought from Amazon.

Other home cooks shared their hacks which use unconventional items, claiming that one does not need fancy equipment to do the job.

One user suggested: "I use a baking tray. Stand upright against the tiles. Easy to clean food and good for the environment."

"Get a piece of plywood from Bunnings and tape some foil around it. Every time you have to fry just put the board behind the cooker. This way you save using too much parchment paper," another added.

A third advised: "Our tiles are 14+ years old and look as good as the day they were put in. I just wipe them over with lavender spray and wipe or Windex surface spray."

"Once a fortnight I give the tiles one good wash using a bar of Velvet Pure soap from the laundry section. Wipe with a clean cloth and clean water. Comes up super duper. It is the best degreaser."

QJ0J8ErDjvw1pxFHhuSvFClscMRpQmKU4DVkhy2ltq3PFvqWoFCRAoWTAdiNEIo7J7SJc9QTmFapYmLQaMHzWIXsvyVPnCMhg1fEduJABZzBxoVbsn8wJvADr6M83LwEOAnQa38Qx4u106TslQ

Another user said she uses a foil screen from Amazon to protect the kitchen tiles from spills. Credit: Facebook.

More tips include covering the pots with foil to avoid having to scrub the oil off the burner and keeping the lids on as much as possible when cooking.

One user also suggested wrapping the tiles with cling wrap, saying that the wraps attach easily to the surface.

However, one person warned against this, pointing out that cling wrap could melt if it’s too close to a heating element.

"Enduroshield tiles and grout treatment! Look for your local certified applicator, you won't regret it. Don't do the DIY kits though," another person suggested.

We would also like to take this opportunity to share a few recommendations to help you keep your stovetop in tip-top condition:

1. Wipe up any spills immediately. The longer they sit, the harder they will be to clean.

2. Use a stove liner. This will help to protect your stove from any major spills or messes.

3. Be careful when cooking with oil. It can easily splatter and make a mess.

4. Clean your stove regularly. This will help to prevent any build-up of grease and sauce.

So, there you have it, folks! Will you give these tips a go? Better yet, do you know other tricks for preventing grease and sauces from spilling to the stovetop? Share them with us in the comments below!
Why don't they all just clean it after every meal. When you are wiping down the cooktop and benches just do the tiles as well. There are plenty of good cleaners on the market.

I use a spatter guard, bought from Woolies for all of $3 or $4, Pop it on top of the frying pan or saucepan and it catches 98/99% of spatters. Chuck it in the dishwasher when done and the jobs complete!!:)

I use Barkeepers Friend for cleaning my stove, splash, bath, shower, basin, laundry and anything else that needs cleaning. Not my floors though as there timber. You can purchase it from Coles or Woolworths and it’s cheap.
Agree, me too, best product ever especially on glass splashback and glass stove top - works a treat regardless of how greasy, leaves no streaky marks like so many other products do.

I use a spatter guard, bought from Woolies for all of $3 or $4, Pop it on top of the frying pan or saucepan and it catches 98/99% of spatters. Chuck it in the dishwasher when done and the jobs complete!!:)
So do I, Ricci. I have used them for years. Not only keeps the splash back clean but also the cooktop.

The cleaning obsession with most of the women is a joke. Most of them don't really do what they say they do. And any women who really do have nothing else on their hands. For those women I say "get a life"