Mum's EASY trick to store all of your large grocery bags in a tiny neat pile: "Barely a few seconds to do!"

Although plastic grocery bags are rapidly becoming obsolete (single-use plastics are being phased out across Australia over the next few years), the majority of us probably still have cupboards full of them, making it more difficult to store them.

The typical method for storing plastic bags is to cram as many into a single, larger bag as you can. But although it prevents them from spilling into your kitchen cupboards and shelves, it can actually take up a lot more room than you might think.

Also, putting them all in a bag without any care is a good way to make the bags look like a clumpy, chaotic mess. It's going to cause you a lot more trouble than it's going to save you time! (Trust us, we've been there…)

Luckily for us, a mum who calls herself the "organisation queen" on social media has recently shared her method for folding grocery bags and creating extra storage space in kitchen cupboards.

The simple bag-folding tip was revealed by Chantel Mila, also known online as Mama Mila, in a video uploaded to her TikTok page.

"This is a free way to add extra storage space to your kitchen," the mum said. "Once you learn the fold it takes barely a few seconds to do!"

-7pIpyz1iQjwLvlPgTSBk9f9tz870sx51h5J75ciw_gTWYENZPX5vYvrXvu7aU_7No0fTVcj53XiJz786QFaVeWa8HpDNskC_hkIZoWku6K4JphjEGEAzgRdPkmvD1zJty5Tabb98_JqjxDOMA

To save space, the mum lays her bags flat on a counter and folds them into triangles. Credit: TikTok/@mama_mila_.

Here's how to do it:

In the first step, place a plastic grocery bag (she used a reusable shopping bag from Woolies for this demonstration) on your kitchen counter or any other surface that is level, and then smooth it out.

After that, fold the bag in half vertically twice. At this point, you should have a long strip of the bag in front of you.

Next, take the corner of the bag that is located on the bottom left and fold it diagonally upwards. This should result in the corner of the bag taking the form of a triangle. Repeat these steps until you reach the end of the bag.

The final step is to place the handles of the bag into one of the many pockets that have been formed as a result of the folding process.

And there you have it – now your grocery bag is smaller and much more storage-friendly than before! Check out the video instructions below:

By the way, did you know that you can also make a DIY plastic bag dispenser just from old containers and tissue boxes? Check out the video below to learn how!

Credit: Noreva Projects.

Sponsored
Great tip for those plastic bags.
I have an abundance of cotton fabric shopping bags that I fold..
With my polyester bags, I use a hair tie.

Attachments

• Shopping bags - polyester (1).jpg
    Shopping bags - polyester (1).jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 10
All part of the plastic bag confidence trick. The bags that used to be free single use, were reus7uable for rubbish AND were bio-degradable. The bags given for home delivery or pick up to boot, are charged for and supposedly re-usable. How? You either recycle at the store or use as rubbish bags and at about 10 cents each, we are being robbed!

I have just been shown this way and I like it so those that have been doing it for year thanks for shearing I would have been doing it earlier

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
Instead of having a cupboard full of neatly folded bags .. REUSE and leave some in the car available for each shopping trip.
Unfortunate, in the northern parts of OZ when you go to use them you find the bottom of the bag full of plastic confetti due to the heat and UV. The only people smiling are the big supermarkets raking in the extra profit’s.

Although plastic grocery bags are rapidly becoming obsolete (single-use plastics are being phased out across Australia over the next few years), the majority of us probably still have cupboards full of them, making it more difficult to store them.

The typical method for storing plastic bags is to cram as many into a single, larger bag as you can. But although it prevents them from spilling into your kitchen cupboards and shelves, it can actually take up a lot more room than you might think.

Also, putting them all in a bag without any care is a good way to make the bags look like a clumpy, chaotic mess. It's going to cause you a lot more trouble than it's going to save you time! (Trust us, we've been there…)

Luckily for us, a mum who calls herself the "organisation queen" on social media has recently shared her method for folding grocery bags and creating extra storage space in kitchen cupboards.

The simple bag-folding tip was revealed by Chantel Mila, also known online as Mama Mila, in a video uploaded to her TikTok page.

"This is a free way to add extra storage space to your kitchen," the mum said. "Once you learn the fold it takes barely a few seconds to do!"

-7pIpyz1iQjwLvlPgTSBk9f9tz870sx51h5J75ciw_gTWYENZPX5vYvrXvu7aU_7No0fTVcj53XiJz786QFaVeWa8HpDNskC_hkIZoWku6K4JphjEGEAzgRdPkmvD1zJty5Tabb98_JqjxDOMA

To save space, the mum lays her bags flat on a counter and folds them into triangles. Credit: TikTok/@mama_mila_.

Here's how to do it:

In the first step, place a plastic grocery bag (she used a reusable shopping bag from Woolies for this demonstration) on your kitchen counter or any other surface that is level, and then smooth it out.

After that, fold the bag in half vertically twice. At this point, you should have a long strip of the bag in front of you.

Next, take the corner of the bag that is located on the bottom left and fold it diagonally upwards. This should result in the corner of the bag taking the form of a triangle. Repeat these steps until you reach the end of the bag.

The final step is to place the handles of the bag into one of the many pockets that have been formed as a result of the folding process.

And there you have it – now your grocery bag is smaller and much more storage-friendly than before! Check out the video instructions below:

By the way, did you know that you can also make a DIY plastic bag dispenser just from old containers and tissue boxes? Check out the video below to learn how!

I noticed that coles are now selling three reusable see thru material bags for $3...available in the veg section..look like mesh

I noticed that coles are now selling three reusable see thru material bags for $3...available in the veg section..look like mesh

Reactions: Ezzy

Here's how to do it:

OMG how is this even worth a mention? Everyone has a method of storing their bags

Reactions: Ricci
As a traveller, I use plastic bags a lot - for a lot of items. In case of spillage; to keep things dry; to keep strong-scented items separate, etc. Mesh and paper won't do that. I'm saving as many plastic bags as I can, and they are used and re-used until they fall apart.

Here's how to do it:

Yes a good idea..but I recycle all my plastic bags lined bins whatever all gone now. Now I use fabric ones pay a bit more stay in the boot if my car. 👍

I don't pay for them in the first place, like I don't pay for delivery, so long as each order is over $50.
Not sure why you don't pay for them and not sure how you get free delivery every time. I pay $1 per order for the bags, not matter how many bags there are. Sounds like you have joined the $10 per month scheme where you can get unlimited deliveries so long as the order is over $50 and bags are free. If you're getting free deliveries and free bags and have not joined the $10 per month scheme then you are certainly on to a great deal!!!!

Reactions: Ricci
Not sure why you don't pay for them and not sure how you get free delivery every time. I pay $1 per order for the bags, not matter how many bags there are. Sounds like you have joined the $10 per month scheme where you can get unlimited deliveries so long as the order is over $50 and bags are free. If you're getting free deliveries and free bags and have not joined the $10 per month scheme then you are certainly on to a great deal!!!!
I did opt to join the $10 per month scheme but they've never asked for, nor have I ever paid any monies for it!:)
Shhh, don't tell anyone!!!

Reactions: Ezzy