Mum's DIY glasses rack amazes fellow glasses wearers: "That looks amazing"

Folks, do you normally need to wear corrective lenses with your glasses?

Then we are willing to bet that you have misplaced your glasses at least once. You remove them for a brief period of time, and the next thing you know, they are nowhere to be found. (We're guilty!)

When you require your glasses to see what you're looking for in the first place, losing them can be an extremely unpleasant and time-consuming experience.

If you're lucky, you'll find them again eventually, but if you aren't, you'll have to shell out the cash for a new pair, which can be rather pricey depending on the style and brand.

Don’t feel bad if you consistently misplace your glasses – it happens to the best of us!

This one mum had the same problem; she had a habit of setting her glasses down in a location that was currently most convenient for her, but then she would forget where she had left them.

Therefore, in order to prevent herself from misplacing her spectacles, she constructed a special storage rack for them.

QqYKkmCfqxV29cGK-s0wy2wWundxGtHIroGLQTRhb7iVgJyMxaDdi7Hzoz6SEquN0uOFlPvsmFkjyQuEy6I1FDtIfsymdH2zj1ffsmIsFXMPl05Y8vOsxugoP8bRr3-cuaVTfxpklVsn-WS7XA

The finished product not only looks great, but it also makes it easy to choose a pair of glasses. Credit: Facebook.

Mum-of-two Maree from NSW has been searching on the internet for a while now for a storage rack to organise her eyeglasses, but to no avail. So, she decided to make one instead.

Her handy husband Steve assisted her in making the DIY specs holder, which is now hanging on the walls of her bathroom, out of a wooden serving board from Kmart and some double robe hooks from Bunnings.

Because the Kmart serving board had no 'cut' edges, it had a nice finish and didn't require any sanding. They only needed to make sure the board was pre-drilled to prevent it from splitting or the screws from breaking.

"It’s been a wonderful way to keep them off benches and clogging drawers," said Maree in her post on the Kmart Hacks & Decor Facebook page.

The mum also disclosed that it was not an inexpensive DIY project; nonetheless, she likes it so much since it maintains the order and cleanliness of her eyeglasses.

"No more glasses in the bedroom, bathroom, or kitchen drawers and I can select the pair to match my clothes after doing my makeup!" she added.

The idea for the DIY project was warmly received by the other members of the Facebook group, and several of them expressed interest in attempting it themselves.

"What an awesome hack! Well done, I love it," wrote one user in the comments.

A fellow mum agreed and said: "That looks awesome. I’ll have to get my hubby to make something similar as he is constantly losing his sunnies."

Some users also suggested that Maree list the project on Etsy and see if she gets any custom orders and can turn her passion into a business.

Credit: Doctor Eye Health.

If you're always losing your glasses, you might also want to get a good case for them. Since a case is bigger than a pair of glasses, it makes it harder to lose them and makes it less likely that they will break if you do lose them for a while.

Do you want to learn the most effective methods for cleaning your glasses? Watch the video above to learn some useful information from an expert!

Sponsored

Then we are willing to bet that you have misplaced your glasses at least once. You remove them for a brief period of time, and the next thing you know, they are nowhere to be found. (We're guilty!)

When you require your glasses to see what you're looking for in the first place, losing them can be an extremely unpleasant and time-consuming experience.

If you're lucky, you'll find them again eventually, but if you aren't, you'll have to shell out the cash for a new pair, which can be rather pricey depending on the style and brand.

Don’t feel bad if you consistently misplace your glasses – it happens to the best of us!

This one mum had the same problem; she had a habit of setting her glasses down in a location that was currently most convenient for her, but then she would forget where she had left them.

Therefore, in order to prevent herself from misplacing her spectacles, she constructed a special storage rack for them.

QqYKkmCfqxV29cGK-s0wy2wWundxGtHIroGLQTRhb7iVgJyMxaDdi7Hzoz6SEquN0uOFlPvsmFkjyQuEy6I1FDtIfsymdH2zj1ffsmIsFXMPl05Y8vOsxugoP8bRr3-cuaVTfxpklVsn-WS7XA

The finished product not only looks great, but it also makes it easy to choose a pair of glasses. Credit: Facebook.

Mum-of-two Maree from NSW has been searching on the internet for a while now for a storage rack to organise her eyeglasses, but to no avail. So, she decided to make one instead.

Her handy husband Steve assisted her in making the DIY specs holder, which is now hanging on the walls of her bathroom, out of a wooden serving board from Kmart and some double robe hooks from Bunnings.

Because the Kmart serving board had no 'cut' edges, it had a nice finish and didn't require any sanding. They only needed to make sure the board was pre-drilled to prevent it from splitting or the screws from breaking.

"It’s been a wonderful way to keep them off benches and clogging drawers," said Maree in her post on the Kmart Hacks & Decor Facebook page.

The mum also disclosed that it was not an inexpensive DIY project; nonetheless, she likes it so much since it maintains the order and cleanliness of her eyeglasses.

"No more glasses in the bedroom, bathroom, or kitchen drawers and I can select the pair to match my clothes after doing my makeup!" she added.

The idea for the DIY project was warmly received by the other members of the Facebook group, and several of them expressed interest in attempting it themselves.

A fellow mum agreed and said: "That looks awesome. I’ll have to get my hubby to make something similar as he is constantly losing his sunnies."

Some users also suggested that Maree list the project on Etsy and see if she gets any custom orders and can turn her passion into a business.

If you're always losing your glasses, you might also want to get a good case for them. Since a case is bigger than a pair of glasses, it makes it harder to lose them and makes it less likely that they will break if you do lose them for a while.

Do you want to learn the most effective methods for cleaning your glasses? Watch the video above to learn some useful information from an expert!

My goodness, who needs that many pairs of glasses?

I thought wow, how many does she need. Then I thought it’s the whole families, surely that’s the logical answer.

Luckily, after cataract surgery I have been able to ditch my glasses so hopefully won't have this problem for many years to come if at all!:D

Reactions: KatKop
I believe the metal hooks will eventually scratch the lens with constant use, unless she has placed soft foam tips on the end of each hook. Being a glasses wearer all my life I know it doesn't take much to scratch them up, even the so called scratch proof lens. LOL

Reactions: KatKop and Ricci