Mum's chilling secret: what she hid in her kitchen that won't be found for 50 years

We have previously written about how some new homeowners walk into their new homes and discover frightening items. But what if the opposite happens and the current occupant conceals a horrifying item that might surprise future homeowners?

Well, one DIY mum confessed that she had that exact idea in mind, saying that she's putting in the effort to showcase her grim sense of humour…

Using her freshly constructed island bench, the mum-of-two managed to hide a human skeleton in her kitchen in a bid to scare the next contractor who will work on renovating the house.

'50 years from today someone will tear out this kitchen and this cabinet will get the whole neighbourhood on their feet,' she wrote in a Facebook post along with some photos of the life-like skeleton 'crouching in the dead space'.

'I wish I could travel in time to see the facial expression of the poor guy that will pull the countertop off of that cabinet.'

The mum also placed a red pen in the skeleton's hand and dressed him in a tradie t-shirt, cargo pants, and a cap.

306-WtFuXIfaqRFINLljVLoVtIf_rMZPKCUAaXwn60s6VW8qrZpqPG-4Y8xAoUGbpkgluFmvp9qj4uq5pwzcYfRrFKllCZBFbvybT83NrUXQZfatFGm8a0j5ABsrY62vg-vPfXJbwHnKyGnY-GICWQ

In a bid to showcase her dark humour, a DIY mum decided to place a life-like skeleton in the ‘dead space’ of her island bench. Credit: Facebook/The Reno Club.

The post has captured the attention of thousands of users, with many admitting that they find the joke hilarious. Some people even went so far as to suggest that the mother should have taken the stunt to extremes.

One person suggested: 'Have him holding a note and tell them they were isolated during a Covid bout. Then they can have a history lesson as well.'

Another user supported this suggestion, adding that the mum should place a face mask over the skeleton's mouth along with a positive RAT test in its hand.

While many saw the joke as lighthearted fun, some users were not pleased with the 'cruel' act.

One woman wrote: 'I think you'll give them a heart attack and surviving that, a bloody good laugh.'

Others questioned the mum's decision for choosing to have a dead space on the island bench.

'Why is it an empty space and not storage? The skeleton is taking up valuable real estate. Seriously, one can never have enough storage,' one user asked.

2C0J7HEGf4yXfPp21f-crsZXZ5KxqtQdxMpdqXCWZ8h6TgaQQ7yeuYq_JD1wd3kzPTugUk6Ebk2Mp-IoXHLBoZl5uXT3TSbi0ttbkGh59yv2iawlnnQ93KZjssSiTfZjMP4IEP1oMs6gX6ez-SuKjA

The post prompted one woman to share her experience when her renovation team discovered a child’s coffin in the property they were renovating. Credit: Facebook/The Reno Club.

Another woman shared how her new home's renovation crew discovered a child's coffin while working on the house, saying that the team even placed the coffin on her desk and instructed her to open it because she was the boss.

She remarked: 'No way was I going to open it! I would have resigned first. Turned out it was a prankster with the same sense of humour as these guys doing something similar to this. It was a time capsule. Not very amusing at the time but made for a good story after the event.'

The woman also said that feels sorry for those who will discover the skeleton.

'I didn't take too much notice of the actual contents as I was too shaken from the experience. I was traumatised,' she shared.

Others disagreed with the woman's estimate of a fifty-year renovation timeline, noting that it will likely get reworked in ten years.

Regardless, the act seems to have people talking! We honestly can't imagine what our reactions would be if we discovered a skeleton ourselves. Perhaps running out the door, screaming?

How about you? Can you picture yourself discovering this spooky surprise? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Haha. 50 years out of a modern kitchen. Probably not. This woman may scare herself if she forgets about it. 🙂. Reminds me of the yarn of a renovation of an old house. They too found a skeleton wearing a T shirt. It was found in a wall cavity. But quickly discovered no foul play. Written on the T shirt. "WORLD HIDE & SEEK CHAMPIONS 1955".

We have previously written about how some new homeowners walk into their new homes and discover frightening items. But what if the opposite happens and the current occupant conceals a horrifying item that might surprise future homeowners?

Well, one DIY mum confessed that she had that exact idea in mind, saying that she's putting in the effort to showcase her grim sense of humour…

Using her freshly constructed island bench, the mum-of-two managed to hide a human skeleton in her kitchen in a bid to scare the next contractor who will work on renovating the house.

'50 years from today someone will tear out this kitchen and this cabinet will get the whole neighbourhood on their feet,' she wrote in a Facebook post along with some photos of the life-like skeleton 'crouching in the dead space'.

'I wish I could travel in time to see the facial expression of the poor guy that will pull the countertop off of that cabinet.'

The mum also placed a red pen in the skeleton's hand and dressed him in a tradie t-shirt, cargo pants, and a cap.

306-WtFuXIfaqRFINLljVLoVtIf_rMZPKCUAaXwn60s6VW8qrZpqPG-4Y8xAoUGbpkgluFmvp9qj4uq5pwzcYfRrFKllCZBFbvybT83NrUXQZfatFGm8a0j5ABsrY62vg-vPfXJbwHnKyGnY-GICWQ

In a bid to showcase her dark humour, a DIY mum decided to place a life-like skeleton in the ‘dead space’ of her island bench. Credit: Facebook/The Reno Club.

The post has captured the attention of thousands of users, with many admitting that they find the joke hilarious. Some people even went so far as to suggest that the mother should have taken the stunt to extremes.

One person suggested: 'Have him holding a note and tell them they were isolated during a Covid bout. Then they can have a history lesson as well.'

Another user supported this suggestion, adding that the mum should place a face mask over the skeleton's mouth along with a positive RAT test in its hand.

While many saw the joke as lighthearted fun, some users were not pleased with the 'cruel' act.

One woman wrote: 'I think you'll give them a heart attack and surviving that, a bloody good laugh.'

Others questioned the mum's decision for choosing to have a dead space on the island bench.

'Why is it an empty space and not storage? The skeleton is taking up valuable real estate. Seriously, one can never have enough storage,' one user asked.

2C0J7HEGf4yXfPp21f-crsZXZ5KxqtQdxMpdqXCWZ8h6TgaQQ7yeuYq_JD1wd3kzPTugUk6Ebk2Mp-IoXHLBoZl5uXT3TSbi0ttbkGh59yv2iawlnnQ93KZjssSiTfZjMP4IEP1oMs6gX6ez-SuKjA

The post prompted one woman to share her experience when her renovation team discovered a child’s coffin in the property they were renovating. Credit: Facebook/The Reno Club.

Another woman shared how her new home's renovation crew discovered a child's coffin while working on the house, saying that the team even placed the coffin on her desk and instructed her to open it because she was the boss.

She remarked: 'No way was I going to open it! I would have resigned first. Turned out it was a prankster with the same sense of humour as these guys doing something similar to this. It was a time capsule. Not very amusing at the time but made for a good story after the event.'

'I didn't take too much notice of the actual contents as I was too shaken from the experience. I was traumatised,' she shared.

Others disagreed with the woman's estimate of a fifty-year renovation timeline, noting that it will likely get reworked in ten years.

Regardless, the act seems to have people talking! We honestly can't imagine what our reactions would be if we discovered a skeleton ourselves. Perhaps running out the door, screaming?

How about you? Can you picture yourself discovering this spooky surprise? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
Who wants a house with a 50 year old kitchen. An enormous waste of space

Who has dead space in their kitchen? You can never have enough storage space and I think she is doing herself a huge dis-service by not putting in a couple of shelves and a door on the front. A decision I think she will live to regret. :)

Very funny. My practical side says that's a waste of kitchen cupboard space, but my joking side loves it. Have the camera and video ready for the eventual reveal...LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci

Fancy not putting a door on that space and being able to use it. What waste.

My goodness, half of us are old fuddy duddies and the other half want to be around in 50 years for the laugh. It feels like we have lost our sense of fun, especially when people are saying it should be a cupboard and not wasted space.
You know what the more cupboards you have the more wasted money on useless items that get store under an island because no one is going to be getting on their hands and needs to get things out of there anyway.
It is right up there with older people buying two storey houses, sooner or later you will either sell or get an elevator installed.

This is hilarious. A fantastic idea. I love this lady’s sense of humour.

Airing our sense of humour? Yes, but our practical side of life says "forget it." She;s too early. Whilst young you need cupboards that are usable in height. Leave your jokes for much later. I rather liked the guys who demolished a home in Albert Park many years ago and found ANOTHER two rooms behind a WALL. How would THAT have been now eh? Half way it was too late to save it. I wish I had the story to tell you all much more but I never took much notice @ the time. I wonder if the wrecker is still alive? Could have been an employer of Wheelan.

Reactions: TheBear and Ricci