Mum SHOCKED after seeing her online order from Coles replaced by… an entirely different item!

Earlier in January, we wrote about the various mishaps some Woolies shoppers experienced from their online grocery orders, like the woman who received the “saddest-looking” lettuce, or the mum who received tampons instead of nappies for her son…

While they may have given us a good laugh along the way, these incidents also showed us that the supermarket’s online grocery system is not always perfect, and customers should always expect the unexpected when it comes to these deliveries.

Woolworths has since addressed the number of ‘complaints’ they received from their customers and encouraged them to ask for a refund.

However, recently it seems like similar incidents are happening again. And this time, Coles shoppers are the ones taking the spotlight, and we cannot help but have a giggle.

qVnrGxXZfUfZf9qo9sITmusfFD2yavtdCkY-niD75aD31oPniSWR2K8FR6QJ2z0uavpBXTjb0wLQ-8kM5cCqaAc38xcxzuN6LStnfWkucBdiofdKdnoJn0FW_2g8oloNxbko-9Ch

A woman has received sanitary pads instead of bananas for her child’s lunch box. Credit: Facebook.

Take this one mum for example. All she wanted was to buy some snacks for her children’s lunch boxes, so she punched in an online order at Coles, expecting a bunch of bananas to arrive at her doorstep.

Instead, she was left shocked and confused when Coles had to replace her order. It would have been fine if it was another fruit of some sort, say trading a banana for an apple, but what arrived at her home was an entirely different product – her order of bananas was replaced with um, sanitary pads...

Quite far from the fruits section, eh?

The woman shared photos of the rather hilarious mix-up on Coles’ Facebook page. “Do I throw in some pads in the kids’ lunches? Or did the picker think I was doing something shifty with the nanas?” she quipped in her post.

She was already probably used to this kind of situation, given that she said this was not the first time something like this happened. The mum shared that she received a “stupid substitute” in the past, wherein her order of prawns was replaced by pork gyozas, and her order of squid was replaced by chicken.

“But today, this one takes the cake!” she added.

A lot of Facebook users saw the humour in the woman’s post, with some even adding to the gag. “The kids are going to find the substitute hard to digest!” joked one user.

Coles has already responded to the woman’s claims and admitted that the incorrect product was scanned and it was a “genuine human error” on their part. The supermarket has already apologised to the customer and offered her a refund.

Do you also have an “online delivery mishap” story from Coles or from any other supermarket? Share them with us in the comments below! You never know, that story might just make an SDC member’s day!

Sponsored
My daughter, a busy mum of 3, does weekly online ordering to click & collect. Not a week goes by without items being unavailable & either replaced by a bizarre substitute or nothing at all but when she reluctantly goes into the store, there are the items on the shelves!

I would hate to do the on line shopping for people as there are so many things that you cant get and to send a replacement is so hard to please some people but I do see the funny side to it to we all make mistakes some times

Reactions: Ricci
I always tick the "no substitutes" box in an attempt to avoid this sort of mistake. I also leave notes to my shopper such that they know exactly what I'm after. On the last item on my list I always leave a thank you note for their efforts. I've never had errors like these and have often had thank you notes put in the bags.

My daughter is an on line picker and she says things are really difficult at the moment with so many empty shelves. She said if the customer hasn't clicked the No Substitute button and the item they want is unavailable she has to go looking for a suitable equivalent and that takes time when they are so busy, so yes mistakes do happen, but not as bad as that though. Not all customers are understanding of the situation.

Reactions: Marilyn and Ricci
I do online shopping with Coles and found the order is done at a Coles store 30 kilometres from my local store. Apparently my local store doesn't do online orders. So, even if an item is in my local Coles, it might not be in the other store. When asking why the online order is done at the other store, the answer, it's a bigger store than my local one.

• Sad
I always tick the "no substitutes" box in an attempt to avoid this sort of mistake. I also leave notes to my shopper such that they know exactly what I'm after. On the last item on my list I always leave a thank you note for their efforts. I've never had errors like these and have often had thank you notes put in the bags.
Same here…….no substitutes 🤨🤨

Long ago I got so fed up with the crazy substitutes I got for unavailable items that I now always highlight the box that says No substitutes. It's just so much easier to reorder what was unavailable a few days later.

Chatting just now to my daughter,(an on line picker at Coles) told her about the banana substitute, she said no way. When they have an item out of stock (and the customer wants a substitute) they are given 3 alternatives, in this case it would be perhaps wrapped bananas, and two other fruits. If they pick something different to those items the machine asks why they have entered something else. She reckons in that case the substitute would have been for something else not bananas.

Mum SHOCKED after seeing her online order from Coles replaced by… an entirely different item!

Earlier in January, we wrote about the various mishaps some Woolies shoppers experienced from their online grocery orders, like the woman who received the “saddest-looking” lettuce, or the mum who received tampons instead of nappies for her son…

While they may have given us a good laugh along the way, these incidents also showed us that the supermarket’s online grocery system is not always perfect, and customers should always expect the unexpected when it comes to these deliveries.

Woolworths has since addressed the number of ‘complaints’ they received from their customers and encouraged them to ask for a refund.

However, recently it seems like similar incidents are happening again. And this time, Coles shoppers are the ones taking the spotlight, and we cannot help but have a giggle.

qVnrGxXZfUfZf9qo9sITmusfFD2yavtdCkY-niD75aD31oPniSWR2K8FR6QJ2z0uavpBXTjb0wLQ-8kM5cCqaAc38xcxzuN6LStnfWkucBdiofdKdnoJn0FW_2g8oloNxbko-9Ch

A woman has received sanitary pads instead of bananas for her child’s lunch box. Credit: Facebook.

Take this one mum for example. All she wanted was to buy some snacks for her children’s lunch boxes, so she punched in an online order at Coles, expecting a bunch of bananas to arrive at her doorstep.

Instead, she was left shocked and confused when Coles had to replace her order. It would have been fine if it was another fruit of some sort, say trading a banana for an apple, but what arrived at her home was an entirely different product – her order of bananas was replaced with um, sanitary pads...

The woman shared photos of the rather hilarious mix-up on Coles’ Facebook page. “Do I throw in some pads in the kids’ lunches? Or did the picker think I was doing something shifty with the nanas?” she quipped in her post.

She was already probably used to this kind of situation, given that she said this was not the first time something like this happened. The mum shared that she received a “stupid substitute” in the past, wherein her order of prawns was replaced by pork gyozas, and her order of squid was replaced by chicken.

A lot of Facebook users saw the humour in the woman’s post, with some even adding to the gag. “The kids are going to find the substitute hard to digest!” joked one user.

Coles has already responded to the woman’s claims and admitted that the incorrect product was scanned and it was a “genuine human error” on their part. The supermarket has already apologised to the customer and offered her a refund.

Do you also have an “online delivery mishap” story from Coles or from any other supermarket? Share them with us in the comments below! You never know, that story might just make an SDC member’s day!
I have never got a wrong substitute. Independent grocer simply put n/a against all the forms of meat I ordered once in lockdown. I think they were the problems of covid at the time but made me glad to personal shop. Coles impressed me with substitution of a dearer product at lower price a couple of times.

In the tampons for bananas case I would wonder who got the bananas instead of the tampons. I often see the pickers at my local store - they have a huge trolley with multiple baskets and sometimes do more than one order at a time.

One who has never erred may complain .Complaints to Coles end up with a no return return & item replacement