Mum shares NO-PEEL "boiled" eggs hack: "Definitely going to do this!"

Previously, we've shared with you folks a nifty trick for peeling the stubborn shell off your hard-boiled eggs – all you have to do is to steam the eggs on a basket above a boiling pot of water and immediately plunge them into an ice bath to stop the cooking process.

Some of you members also shared your own egg-peeling tricks, such as putting salt in the water as you cook the eggs, gently shaking them in a jar, using the oldest eggs you have, and even rolling them on the kitchen bench.

All of these methods are tried and tested to be effective – but what if there's also another way where you don't have to worry about peeling the shells off at all?

Here, a foodie shows us a "boiled" egg hack of her own that completely removes the need to peel the shells right off the eggs. And people are calling the method "life-changing".

Jamie, a mum and the mastermind behind the Kitchen Hacks & Nutrition account on TikTok, recently shared a video about her "easy" boiled egg method that does not involve boiling the eggs at all.

Yes, you read that right, members. This method for "hard-boiled" eggs does not involve any boiling. Instead, the mum uses her oven.

ybI87vK8UCOFio04YWTUuWfbecTEZ5hrYbtEvGdMsmy9rc2TwCBziWj8BeSglSdBr52NVK9ek7WO0kTBK8OmKBoercOCBfeP8phslVo37t5bv3IInRX6Vj_7QmAF_Arc1hPotja1WYQLFP0KUA

Mum shares "boiled" egg cooking hack to completely avoid peeling shells. Credit: TikTok/@jamiefielding_.

Here's how she does it:

First, Jamie spreads a bit of avocado oil around the interior of a loaf pan using a paper towel. Then she cracks seven eggs (she says you could go for more but she’s never tried) into it.

Then she places the pan into a slightly larger baking dish, which she fills with water until the water level is in line with the level of the eggs.

The eggs are baked in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.

Once the eggs are done, they can then be easily removed from the pan using a spatula and chopped up however you like. We think these "boiled" egg chunks would be the perfect addition to salads and would go great as a topping on toast!

Hundreds and thousands of users commented on Jamie's video, praising her for the ingenious hack and calling the method "life-changing" and "revolutionary".

"Thank you. It's having to peel eggs is why I don't do egg salad or tuna etc… I'm definitely going to do this!" wrote a grateful user in the comments.

Meanwhile, there are some people who weren't sold on the idea, pointing out the method would take a little longer. Instead of the usual 10 to 12 minutes of boiling eggs in water, this method takes about 35 to 40 minutes in the oven.

However, when you think about no longer having to spend some tedious minutes peeling the eggs and submerging them in an ice bath, we think this method might save you some time and effort too! Plus, this method allows you to chop up more eggs in no time.

What are your thoughts, members? Are you keen on trying this "boiled" egg hack? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Instead of using the oven just for the eggs, perhaps piggyback the eggs when doing a roast or something else where opening the oven to remove them won't affect whatever else is in the oven. I won't be using this method, though. Stove top is perfect for me.

Last edited:

Previously, we've shared with you folks a nifty trick for peeling the stubborn shell off your hard-boiled eggs – all you have to do is to steam the eggs on a basket above a boiling pot of water and immediately plunge them into an ice bath to stop the cooking process.

Some of you members also shared your own egg-peeling tricks, such as putting salt in the water as you cook the eggs, gently shaking them in a jar, using the oldest eggs you have, and even rolling them on the kitchen bench.

All of these methods are tried and tested to be effective – but what if there's also another way where you don't have to worry about peeling the shells off at all?

Here, a foodie shows us a "boiled" egg hack of her own that completely removes the need to peel the shells right off the eggs. And people are calling the method "life-changing".

Jamie, a mum and the mastermind behind the Kitchen Hacks & Nutrition account on TikTok, recently shared a video about her "easy" boiled egg method that does not involve boiling the eggs at all.

Yes, you read that right, members. This method for "hard-boiled" eggs does not involve any boiling. Instead, the mum uses her oven.

ybI87vK8UCOFio04YWTUuWfbecTEZ5hrYbtEvGdMsmy9rc2TwCBziWj8BeSglSdBr52NVK9ek7WO0kTBK8OmKBoercOCBfeP8phslVo37t5bv3IInRX6Vj_7QmAF_Arc1hPotja1WYQLFP0KUA

Mum shares "boiled" egg cooking hack to completely avoid peeling shells. Credit: TikTok/@jamiefielding_.

Here's how she does it:

First, Jamie spreads a bit of avocado oil around the interior of a loaf pan using a paper towel. Then she cracks seven eggs (she says you could go for more but she’s never tried) into it.

Then she places the pan into a slightly larger baking dish, which she fills with water until the water level is in line with the level of the eggs.

Once the eggs are done, they can then be easily removed from the pan using a spatula and chopped up however you like. We think these "boiled" egg chunks would be the perfect addition to salads and would go great as a topping on toast!

Hundreds and thousands of users commented on Jamie's video, praising her for the ingenious hack and calling the method "life-changing" and "revolutionary".

"Thank you. It's having to peel eggs is why I don't do egg salad or tuna etc… I'm definitely going to do this!" wrote a grateful user in the comments.

Meanwhile, there are some people who weren't sold on the idea, pointing out the method would take a little longer. Instead of the usual 10 to 12 minutes of boiling eggs in water, this method takes about 35 to 40 minutes in the oven.

However, when you think about no longer having to spend some tedious minutes peeling the eggs and submerging them in an ice bath, we think this method might save you some time and effort too! Plus, this method allows you to chop up more eggs in no time.

What are your thoughts, members? Are you keen on trying this "boiled" egg hack? Let us know in the comments below!

So not hard boiled at all, they’re baked eggs 🤣🤣🤣

I prefer boiling them. I do have an egg boiler at home but I make sandwiches for our local club and boil them on the stove, take them off after boiling for about 10 minutes and add cold water, whooshing them about so the shells crack, then add ice. Makes them easier to peel as well.

Seems like too much time and effort to me .Instead of washing up just one pot, you now have extra baking trays plus the time and waste of gas or electricity in heating the oven. Surely it doesn't take much time to peel a few eggs.

I
30 minutes seems a long and fussy time in the oven.
There's always the microwave instead.
I've always loved my quick and easy egg cooker.
agree I love my egg cooker it’s not a sunbeam but it’s fantastic for soft boiled eggs as well, also by the time they are cooked in oven, I have cooked mine peeled them made my sandwich and eaten them as well before the 30 mins is up!

Here's how she does it:

I love this idea. You could mash them up in the pan to make sandwiches or chunks for salads and I'm sure there's more to be done with this way of boiling eggs. Awesome

A "NO" from me.

* Added preparation and cooking times.
* The use of more than one pot/pan, meaning more washing up.
* Washing oil from the tin is also more difficult than washing a saucepan that has only boiled water.
* Then there's the additional cost of using avocado oil..
Speaking for myself, I certainly can't afford to use an expensive oil when I could be using tap water.

Personally, I'd rather spend a couple of minutes peeling the eggs the old-fashioned way, than spend the extra time and money required for this "hack".

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricci