Mum shares her secret for squeaky clean shower glass with MINIMAL effort: “Soap scum literally fell off like butter”

In a popular home cleaning Facebook group, one Aussie mum shared her trick on getting her shower doors sparkling clean and scum-free!

“Just in case you needed to know this, Mr Sheen on shower glass is AMAZING,” wrote Leigh Thomason, along with a photo of her raved product.

“The soap scum literally fell off like butter,” she added.

BqNY7rivfTvHWlKw3fV3Jhz-Cz0TmXKxnGFeza4FcBneOaytvZ5Ni_bgIuyc3cFHFCPBecfNk6X66OREll06M0ZyKYuNhmDHkkSAUZdMM66k7oztOUO9lRvv-Hh8trrwtssFehp9

Mr Sheen's Surface Polish is available for $6 at Woolworths. Credit: Facebook/Leigh Thomason.

The mum pointed out that even though Mr Sheen’s Surface Polish is usually used for furniture, using it on your shower glass doors amazingly works as well. She even added that it only took her a few minutes with minimal effort!

Ms Thomason’s process is as follows:
  1. Wet screen.
  2. Spray Mr Sheen and try not to gas yourself.
  3. Wipe with a microfibre cloth.
  4. Rinse screen.
  5. Squeegee dry.
As easy as this product is to use though, we have to advise you to be extra careful when using it. Aside from the fumes, it also makes surfaces more slippery. We suggest wearing a face mask and protective, non-slip footwear when cleaning your bathroom.

The mum’s post attracted a ton of attention from other members of the Facebook group, gaining over 2.3K reactions since it was posted.

Several fellow cleaning enthusiasts commented about the product and confirmed its cleaning powers.

“This definitely worked for me,” wrote one mum. “I cleaned the glass with Jiff (as usual) and then thought I’d go over it with Mr Sheen. The result was brilliant!”

“I tried this on a patch because I didn't think it would work, but IT'S THE BOMB,” said another satisfied cleaner.

A third person wrote, “I have been using it for years on my glass; it’s great.”

We also wrote about similar cleaning products you might be interested to try, such as this ‘miracle spray’ available from supermarkets, and this $3 bath and shower cleaner from Aldi.

Happy cleaning!

Sponsored
What a brilliant idea......suppose it would work on wall tiles in the shower also

Reactions: Sunshine45
Mum shares her secret for squeaky clean shower glass with MINIMAL effort: “Soap scum literally fell off like butter”

In a popular home cleaning Facebook group, one Aussie mum shared her trick on getting her shower doors sparkling clean and scum-free!

“Just in case you needed to know this, Mr Sheen on shower glass is AMAZING,” wrote Leigh Thomason, along with a photo of her raved product.

“The soap scum literally fell off like butter,” she added.

BqNY7rivfTvHWlKw3fV3Jhz-Cz0TmXKxnGFeza4FcBneOaytvZ5Ni_bgIuyc3cFHFCPBecfNk6X66OREll06M0ZyKYuNhmDHkkSAUZdMM66k7oztOUO9lRvv-Hh8trrwtssFehp9

Mr Sheen's Surface Polish is available for $6 at Woolworths. Credit: Facebook/Leigh Thomason.

The mum pointed out that even though Mr Sheen’s Surface Polish is usually used for furniture, using it on your shower glass doors amazingly works as well. She even added that it only took her a few minutes with minimal effort!

Ms Thomason’s process is as follows:
  1. Wet screen.
  2. Spray Mr Sheen and try not to gas yourself.
  3. Wipe with a microfibre cloth.
  4. Rinse screen.
  5. Squeegee dry.
As easy as this product is to use though, we have to advise you to be extra careful when using it. Aside from the fumes, it also makes surfaces more slippery. We suggest wearing a face mask and protective, non-slip footwear when cleaning your bathroom.

The mum’s post attracted a ton of attention from other members of the Facebook group, gaining over 2.3K reactions since it was posted.

Several fellow cleaning enthusiasts commented about the product and confirmed its cleaning powers.

“This definitely worked for me,” wrote one mum. “I cleaned the glass with Jiff (as usual) and then thought I’d go over it with Mr Sheen. The result was brilliant!”

“I tried this on a patch because I didn't think it would work, but IT'S THE BOMB,” said another satisfied cleaner.

A third person wrote, “I have been using it for years on my glass; it’s great.”

We also wrote about similar cleaning products you might be interested to try, such as this ‘miracle spray’ available from supermarkets, and this $3 bath and shower cleaner from Aldi.

Happy cleaning!