Mum shares genius supermarket trolley strap hack - could this be the next big thing in Australia?

We here at the SDC are always on the lookout for smart ways to save time and money while doing our grocery shopping – after all, we know that every little bit helps when you’re living on a fixed income!

From using shopping lists and coupons to save money, to investing in durable reusable bags, there are many ways you can make your trip to the supermarket more efficient.

But even if you've got your system down pat, there's always room for improvement – especially when other shoppers come up with new ideas that could work for you as well.

That’s why we were so excited when we came across this shopping trolley tip from an ALDI customer which is quickly going viral online.

The ingenious trick, which requires nothing more than a strap or rope, can be used to keep your trolley from rolling away as you unload it into your car – preventing any potentially dangerous accidents (or costly damage to your vehicle) from taking place.

1a56473b11848e34fa4641cd297618496b7d23be-161x229-x0y0w1012h1440.jpg

The 'trolley strap' can help prevent the cart from slipping out as you unpack your groceries. Credit: Facebook/ALDI Mums.

Sharing her idea on the popular ALDI Mums Facebook group, the woman explained how her husband had made her a simple strap to use whenever she went shopping.

'If your ALDI has a carpark on a slope, get your hubby to make you a strap,' she wrote.

'No more wedging my foot under the trolley, so the baby and my food doesn’t end up down the hill!'

The strap hooks onto the lock in the back of her car and keeps the trolley anchored in place as she removes items from it. No more worrying about it rolling away and taking everything (including her kids!) down a hill!

Another person said a short octopus 'occy' strap, which is sold by Bunnings, would also work for the setup.

The post captured the attention of thousands of group members, several of which agreed that it may prevent a catastrophe from occurring.

428cd52d546bf9d95927999b41539ddb593e1d12-16x9-x0y0w6000h3375.jpg

Another shopper recommended the use of an ‘occy’ strap, which is sold at Bunnings. Credit: Facebook/ALDI Mums.

One woman wrote: 'Gosh this is awesome. My husband let go once. $2,000 worth of damage.'

'I need this. Last time, when I turned around I couldn’t find my trolley,' another shared.

A third chimed in: 'Genius! I used to avoid a particular shopping centre purely because I couldn’t handle the sloped carpark with a trolley!'

Some expressed their gratitude to the woman for her helpful tip as they have limited capacity to transfer their groceries from the trolleys to their cars due to their disability and other hurdles.

One person praised: 'That’s amazing, I’m disabled and shopping on my own trying to hold the trolley can be a nightmare. Absolute genius.'

'I just screenshot this and sent it to my husband. New trolleys don’t have a break. So hard to hold trolley with foot. Always worried my toddler and food will roll away and tip,' one mum said.

One user also suggested placing 'a mat or towel from the boot over the edge of the boot' as an additional step to prevent the trolley from hitting the bumper of the car.

Key Takeaways

• An ALDI customer has come up with a genius hack to make unloading groceries from a trolley easier - by simply attaching a strap to the trolley and looping it around the lock in the boot of her car.
  • The trick has made the rounds on social media, with thousands of people agree that it could stop a disaster from unfolding.
  • Many people have suggested that the shopper patent her invention, as it could make her a lot of money!

The shopper who came up with the hack claimed to have experienced such difficulties.

She continued: 'I even contemplated taking a wood piece to wedge under the wheel.'

'It’s a work out packing boot and not losing the kids and trolley.'

Many others pointed out that it was a fantastic concept that would benefit all grocery shoppers and may bring in a lot of cash for the 'inventor'!

One user suggested: 'Patent it ASAP you’ll thank me when you’re selling them.'

'This is actually genius for any car park!' another comment read.

In today's world, it's easy to get bogged down by the number of tasks and responsibilities we have. It can seem like there are just not enough hours in the day to get everything done.

But if we get a little creative, there are always ways to simplify our tasks and make our lives a little easier.

Do you think this 'grocery strap hack' is going to be the next big thing in Australia? Better yet, do you know other hacks that can help you unload your groceries from the trolley to your car without breaking a sweat? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
We here at the SDC are always on the lookout for smart ways to save time and money while doing our grocery shopping – after all, we know that every little bit helps when you’re living on a fixed income!

From using shopping lists and coupons to save money, to investing in durable reusable bags, there are many ways you can make your trip to the supermarket more efficient.

But even if you've got your system down pat, there's always room for improvement – especially when other shoppers come up with new ideas that could work for you as well.

That’s why we were so excited when we came across this shopping trolley tip from an ALDI customer which is quickly going viral online.

The ingenious trick, which requires nothing more than a strap or rope, can be used to keep your trolley from rolling away as you unload it into your car – preventing any potentially dangerous accidents (or costly damage to your vehicle) from taking place.

The 'trolley strap' can help prevent the cart from slipping out as you unpack your groceries. Credit: Facebook/ALDI Mums.

Sharing her idea on the popular ALDI Mums Facebook group, the woman explained how her husband had made her a simple strap to use whenever she went shopping.

'If your ALDI has a carpark on a slope, get your hubby to make you a strap,' she wrote.

'No more wedging my foot under the trolley, so the baby and my food doesn’t end up down the hill!'

The strap hooks onto the lock in the back of her car and keeps the trolley anchored in place as she removes items from it. No more worrying about it rolling away and taking everything (including her kids!) down a hill!

Another person said a short octopus 'occy' strap, which is sold by Bunnings, would also work for the setup.

The post captured the attention of thousands of group members, several of which agreed that it may prevent a catastrophe from occurring.

Another shopper recommended the use of an ‘occy’ strap, which is sold at Bunnings. Credit: Facebook/ALDI Mums.

One woman wrote: 'Gosh this is awesome. My husband let go once. $2,000 worth of damage.'

'I need this. Last time, when I turned around I couldn’t find my trolley,' another shared.

A third chimed in: 'Genius! I used to avoid a particular shopping centre purely because I couldn’t handle the sloped carpark with a trolley!'

Some expressed their gratitude to the woman for her helpful tip as they have limited capacity to transfer their groceries from the trolleys to their cars due to their disability and other hurdles.

One person praised: 'That’s amazing, I’m disabled and shopping on my own trying to hold the trolley can be a nightmare. Absolute genius.'

'I just screenshot this and sent it to my husband. New trolleys don’t have a break. So hard to hold trolley with foot. Always worried my toddler and food will roll away and tip,' one mum said.

One user also suggested placing 'a mat or towel from the boot over the edge of the boot' as an additional step to prevent the trolley from hitting the bumper of the car.

Key Takeaways

• An ALDI customer has come up with a genius hack to make unloading groceries from a trolley easier - by simply attaching a strap to the trolley and looping it around the lock in the boot of her car.
  • The trick has made the rounds on social media, with thousands of people agree that it could stop a disaster from unfolding.
  • Many people have suggested that the shopper patent her invention, as it could make her a lot of money!

The shopper who came up with the hack claimed to have experienced such difficulties.

She continued: 'I even contemplated taking a wood piece to wedge under the wheel.'

Many others pointed out that it was a fantastic concept that would benefit all grocery shoppers and may bring in a lot of cash for the 'inventor'!

In today's world, it's easy to get bogged down by the number of tasks and responsibilities we have. It can seem like there are just not enough hours in the day to get everything done.

But if we get a little creative, there are always ways to simplify our tasks and make our lives a little easier.

Do you think this 'grocery strap hack' is going to be the next big thing in Australia? Better yet, do you know other hacks that can help you unload your groceries from the trolley to your car without breaking a sweat? Share them with us in the comments below!

I'm surprised how many stories are "lifted" from other sources without being grammar checked!!

Point in question with above article: -

'I just screenshot this and sent it to my husband. New trolleys don’t have a break. So hard to hold trolley with foot. Always worried my toddler and food will roll away and tip,'

Last time I looked the word needed is "brake, to stop and hold", unless you want to take your trolley on holidays with you!!

And, wouldn't you secure your child in your car first, before the groceries?
(Just asking for a friend!)

I'm so glad someone else has brought this up.
I am not Australian born and my biggest fear (coming from a bilingual country and having had a 3rd language spoken at home), was that my English would not be up to standard.
Surprisingly, it's been the complete opposite.

I always seem to notice most of the incorrect grammar people make, particularly spoken (probably because there's no auto-correct).
I even recall comments that teachers would write on my kid's homework. More often than not, I would find errors, correct them and return the message back to school.

My pet hate is people saying "it's" or "it is" instead of "they're" or "they are". It is even in the news on TV. I hardly EVER hear the correct grammar used in this context.

Key Takeaways

simple solution to real problem . love it . (just went and made my own !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ) LOL LOL

Reactions: barbaranne and RTS
I'm so glad someone else has brought this up.
I am not Australian born and my biggest fear (coming from a bilingual country and having had a 3rd language spoken at home), was that my English would not be up to standard.
Surprisingly, it's been the complete opposite.

I always seem to notice most of the incorrect grammar people make, particularly spoken (probably because there's no auto-correct).
I even recall comments that teachers would write on my kid's homework. More often than not, I would find errors, correct them and return the message back to school.

My pet hate is people saying "it's" or "it is" instead of "they're" or "they are". It is even in the news on TV. I hardly EVER hear the correct grammar used in this context.
The people on the "news" on TV are just pretty faces paid to repeat what others, whose standards in the language are likewise neither here nor there, have put down for them to say. One of my all-time favourites was our local self-styled weather "guru", who, when asked where a completely unexpected and vicious thunderstorm came from, replied, "Up there" as he was pointing skywards. Duh ...

Reactions: barbaranne
If the team at SDC have to worry about re-editing articleds before including them in emails, they would have to sacrifice quantity for quality. I am quite happy with the standard of grammar, and very impressed by the number of articles, included in each email. Good work SDC team!